don't click here

What are YOU planning on getting for Christmas?

Print

Author Topic: What are YOU planning on getting for Christmas?  (Read 154551 times)

Offline Donna

• Sonic Deconstructionist
  • TSC: donnashowl
  • winxp chrome
  • Don't give me hOPs unless I earned them!
    • View Profile
    • Donna's Blog - Found the Computer Room
Re: What are YOU planning on getting for Christmas?
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2008, 08:32:57 pm »
I feel sorry for you dood. Your parents need to accept that there's nothing wrong with a girl liking guy stuff. If you REALLY want to toy with their heads, I suggest getting into WH40k (Orks as they're the most macho faction ever) or some other really macho/nerdy hobby. For the DS, you can't go wrong with Disgaea (though its not for everyone) and its wacky game play (complete with fighting inside a world contained in a piece of cotton candy), acid tongued/snarky humor complete with ultimate zombies (don't ask), and irresistably cute Prinnies (winged penguins that blow up when you throw them) dood.

My parents are actually fine about it! My mom's actually a biker, and works at a hardware store and everything. It's my extended family (grandparents, cousins) on my mom's side and my dad's whole side. Luckily I have a cluster of little cousins, mostly male, who play Pokemon with me, and I think their input is part of why the purses I keep on getting from their mother are the perfect size for Nintendo handhelds. Unfortunately, my parents are out of state, so I'm left to the mercy of the extended family.

I'll look into Disgaea once I get all the stuff on my "wishlist". Thanks for the rec!
-Donna, the crazy English major
I don't want your stinking hops!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2008, 09:15:25 pm »
The only bad thing about Disgaea is that you are forced to grind stages over and over again to level up to be able to beat the bosses, or so Ive found so far with it
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Donna

• Sonic Deconstructionist
  • TSC: donnashowl
  • winxp chrome
  • Don't give me hOPs unless I earned them!
    • View Profile
    • Donna's Blog - Found the Computer Room
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2008, 09:36:31 pm »
The only bad thing about Disgaea is that you are forced to grind stages over and over again to level up to be able to beat the bosses, or so Ive found so far with it

I play Pokemon. Level grinding was a high school extracurricular for me. :p
-Donna, the crazy English major
I don't want your stinking hops!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2008, 09:41:56 pm »
Nono, pokemon grinding is easy compared to Disgaea grinding lol, plus you can quite easily take much higher level teams in Pokemon, and the levelling itself never really takes that long

At the point I am in Disgaea, I basically need to grind my whole party about 5 levels higher, doing one stage I am lucky if even one member gains a level (because disgaeas xp gaining system is terrible and sucky compared to shining forces) an each battle can take up to 20 minutes or so

Needless to say, I lost interest, and this is a person that grinded a Caterpie to level 100

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2008, 10:33:50 pm »
Leveling up in Disgaea CAN be difficult, but using methods such as chaining the destruction of the field crystals to reap higher experience bonuses at ends of battles, team-attacking enemies, paying attention to master/pupil relations when creating characters (the master gets experience when a pupil kills an enemy), and taking advantage of leveling up equipment and combining/transferring "item residents" speeds the process up significantly (compared to standard killing tactics).
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2008, 11:03:46 pm »

Um, RPG... again, I really wonder about your skill level...  I beat Disgaea 1 without repeating a stage once for the core ending...you're expected to NG+ before you do anything extra (same goes for all NIS/Mastiff/Atlas games)

So I'm wondering what you're doing that you'd need more than a level or two...  unless you're in post-game, and if that's the case, it's probably because you either have too thin or a party, or you're not doing item-levelling, or you're not specializing...  Disgaea is a lot more than the standard "Kill stuff to get stronger" type of game...  Also, you have to be able to use levelling spots, if you're trying to break 100 (where everything gets easier)...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To return to the topic, I'm gunning for money this x-mas, because I know that if I leave anything to my family, they'll either spend about 10x what it's worth to get it, and I could better use that money to further my goals of Worl... er... >_>... or they'll spend said precious money on stuff that they expect me to like though it's obvious that I don't by speaking with me even once...

Anyone who's talked even remotely about Star Wars, for instance, knows that I despise it above just about everything else, for example.

Sadly, this year I'm using said money on stuff for my new place, as my gf and I are moving out on the first of '09...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2008, 07:45:15 am »
Id love to see you beat all the level 17 enemies of infinite rape on....5-4 I think it is, with a level 12 Laharl and Hoggmeiser, level 10 Etna and level 9 everything else

Offline Alondite

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2008, 11:08:35 am »
I hope to get Persona 4 and Castlevania: Order of Ecclasia for Christmas this year.

That game is pro, but be prepared to die A LOT.  It's fucking hard :(.  WAY harder than any Castlevania since SotN, maybe even harder than SotN.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2008, 02:24:38 pm »
Id love to see you beat all the level 17 enemies of infinite rape on....5-4 I think it is, with a level 12 Laharl and Hoggmeiser, level 10 Etna and level 9 everything else

Define "everything else"?

also, why is Laharl above L5?

and how many hours do you have on this game?  I'm guessing... 20?

Usually by 5-4 I'd have an L.20 Fist-Nin (or sword nin for hypno) that could annihilate everything...  Sadly, nin got nerfed HARD in the second game...

Again, I relate to you that most SRPGs DO NOT favor spread-level'd or multi-classed parties...  one strong character is all you need to clear the storyline of this game.

Also, for your happy-fun-time, make sure you have at least 8 characters and one semi-powerhouse (or a few decent-level chars...) and head to... i think it's 4-2... 

This level has all but, like 3 invc panels, and a ton of cat ladies/succubus...  throw them all together, and throw it to the far side of the level (DO NOT POP THE INVC), the enemy should be ~L200

in the far corner there's a geo-crystal on a blank panel... throw that crystal onto the red, and throw the cat-lady/succubus onto the blank panel, and surround her with your characters so she can't move...

next, set people up with bows/guns and stand around her, using the virtue of combo-atk-dmg multiplier to hurt her until she dies (make sure that your main delivers the final blow for the XP bonus)

congratulations, you just gained a ton of levels and have a power character (more than one, if you had people combo-atk at the end)

Waltz to the end of the game and have a nice day ^_^
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2008, 03:25:32 pm »
If 5-4 is the level with a bunch of Nekomata and Succubi, then there's a real easy way to kill them. Since the entire stage is invincibility panels, simply let them waste their SP on you while invincible, then once everyone's out of SP, disable invincibility and wail on them, as without special attacks, they lose MUCH of their killing power. You should be around level 16-19 before going into 5-5 though.

The fast EXP levels I'm aware of are as follows: 1-1, 4-1, 7-1, 11-1, and 14-1. BTW, Disgaea 2 and 3 are MUCH nicer in terms of leveling up as they give you tons of tricks to level up faster. On the D3 matter, December's DLC (Japanese version) has just been confirmed. Kurtis (human and prinny form), Vyers (monster) and Plennair. My prediction for January (the last month) are Fubuki, Eclair, Ash, and one more character/class.

I'm prepared for the OoE ass kickings. I play Mega Man Zero a lot and Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? so I'm used to getting my ass kicked by a cartridge, unlike Sonic who seems to not expect getting his ass kicked by a book.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2008, 04:07:18 pm »
if 5-4 is the nekomata and the succubi, then it's the ultimate levelling place (post above)

Also, in Disgaea 2 there's an easy way to nab a level 9999 within about 15 hours...  thanks to lvlup 10% panels and capture being broken ^_^

in D2, rather than it being an actual battle, it's a level comparison...  if you have someone half the level of the thing you're trying to capture, you get it...  thus, you can use an L20 to catch an L40, an L40 to catch an L80... you see where this is going?

so you get your 9999 and own the game ^_^

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2008, 07:28:46 pm »
I used an even more crooked method of winning that particular battle: I threw the nekomata and succubi into the single "none" panel on the board one at a time, in a sort of cargo transportation line (three characters were in charge of the throwing, four were in charge of the wailing). In other words, the entire team was still invincible while they wailed on the enemy, killing at least one enemy per turn. You can't get much easier than that.

Edit: I guess that's pretty similar to what Aitamen was saying, only without the uber leveling. I should've read back a few more posts, my bad <_<
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:23:38 pm by Auriman1 »
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »
*smiles* I'd like to direct everyone to the "gaming achievement" thread, where I've listed a few of my Auto-level wins...  I learned to read, originally, so I could play RPGs ^_^

I suppose levelling, PLing, and high-strat gaming happen to be my forte...

Offline Stefan

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:25 am »
I don't plan to get anything, but I think sonic unleashed might happen. :o

Offline oldskoolgamer101

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2008, 05:05:38 am »
Home theatre system, table tennis table (the other one shat itself), new footy (Sherrin or bust), Fallout 3, new 360 controller.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2008, 05:58:51 am »
Dude. Real men just steal footballs off the local club.

>_> <_<

<3 Thorn.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2008, 09:15:41 am »
I don't remember where OSG is from, so I'm just going to throw out that there's a fair chance that we're talking about different footballs here.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2008, 09:55:19 am »
mike and andy are aussies, noob >_>
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2008, 05:30:32 am »
Seeing as it was Christmas.  Let me start.

I got a whole load of nothing.  Top that!
Hi

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2008, 05:55:01 am »
Comparing with my wish list:

As for what I'm getting... I am hoping to get World Tour.

I am also hoping to get a new wallet and a new watch, both of which I can guarantee I will have lost by March.

Nay, yay, yay.

I've changed my plans and may be getting World Tour on 360 instead, which means I have to fork out for it. (Which I have no problem with, mind you.)

<3 Thorn.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2008, 06:18:41 am »
I got a Wii, Brawl, Unleashed, a charging station for my two Wiimotes, (one came with Wii Play, mostly my brother's) and a new 32" LCD HDTV. :D

Yeah I'm a bit late to reply, busy with brawl~
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2008, 07:57:46 am »
I got Sonic Unleashed.  ^_^
Also got WALL-E for the Wii, it's better than I thought it would be.  Oh, and was mildly surprised by an iPod Touch.  <_<
KidBro got The Force Unleashed, Wii Fit, LEGO Batman, Wario Land, and Shaun White.  All of which I will probably play at some time.
Oh, and we finally got a second Nunchuk.  Woot.
My presssioussss....

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2008, 08:39:46 am »
As probably everyone who watches the New Stats page knows, I did, in fact, get Unleashed.  I ended up getting it for Wii.
On that note, I also got a Wii and Brawl.

Offline GB140

• The Lost Arc
  • TSC: GameBoo
  • winxp firefox
  • Can I fly away or something?
    • View Profile
    • GameBoo on DeviantART
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2009, 10:41:49 am »
I got a new 360 (Not the Arcade, or the Elite), Sonic Gems Collection, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, a new iPod to replace my busted 30GB, $55 worth of songs on iTunes, and a headband, which I wanted.
Not that much into Sonic anymore, but still loves the classics.
deviantART Stuffs
Youtube Stuffs (Holy crap, I actually upload stuff to this now?)

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2009, 12:00:30 pm »
I got Sonic Chronicles (YAY), Guitar Hero III (YAY), A $10 Gift Card to Dunkin Donuts, $5 Gift Card to McDonalds, and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Sweet game)
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26:57 pm »
I got Unleashed (were hog isn't that bad, but day time controls fail at precise platforming), Castlevania Order of Ecclasia (at Drac's castle, challenging but not the utter ball buster people make it out to be), a Sentinel, and a mirror inside a shield.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Azure

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2009, 08:12:17 pm »
I GOT A MOTOROLA W260G FROM TRACFONE.

WHAT.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2009, 09:30:59 am »
Tracfone rules.  Don't deny it.
My presssioussss....

Offline Phantom the Hedgehog

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2009, 10:59:05 pm »
1)Animal Crossing:City Folk
2)Sonic Unleashed(Got it)
3)Spore Creatures(Got it
4)LoZ:Phantom Hourglass(Got it)

^-^ I got 3 out of 4 games

Click here to level up my license!

Cheesy Sidelines will be mine! >:D

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2009, 02:29:24 pm »
Well. I return after weeks of absence from the internet because mainly of moving to a new house instead of that crummy trailer near that construction area. But anyway I ended up getting a Benjamin (that's a 100 dollar bill) because of my parents not knowing what to give me and Of course like I said I finally got that hard drive for $59.99. I plan on spending the rest on Xbox Live.

Print

Hits: 313 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.32 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.