don't click here

Sonic 3: Icecap 1 Sonic: The Impossible (?) Chamber

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 3: Icecap 1 Sonic: The Impossible (?) Chamber  (Read 2492 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Sonic 3: Icecap 1 Sonic: The Impossible (?) Chamber
« on: December 10, 2007, 01:48:48 am »
Included is a savestate for Sonic 3 alone. It will take you directly to my trouble spot.

I'm working on RA-ing Icecap 1 as Sonic, but the spikeball chamber designed for Knuckles is giving me a headache. There are 24 rings in this chamber: three rows of three near the top, three more rows of three underneath that and some spikeballs, and then six within easy reach from the floor. The three underneath the first row of spikeballs is my problem. Perhaps you can help?

Try to get as many rings as you can and post a .giz if you obtain 22 or more. Eredani and I have already gotten 21 from here, but I heard from mike that all 24 can be obtained (Although I think he was using s3k).

I don't want any results from s3k. I need Sonic 3 alone in order to successfully complete the ring attack.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic 3: Icecap 1 Sonic: The Impossible (?) Chamber
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 02:22:55 am »
Well, 22 at least.  I don't see how 24 can be done, though.  I can't spindash jump because I won't have enough horizontal momentum, and I can't jump farther because I'll lose back momentum.
Hi

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic 3: Icecap 1 Sonic: The Impossible (?) Chamber
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 05:54:49 am »
There's 27 in there, and I've already stated that you'll only get 21.

But Quartz has proven me wrong :o I shall have to watch that in a second.

(ps, I'd have done this earlier today, but I've been out all day and haven't had a chance)

<3 Thorn.

Print

Hits: 73 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1003.62 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.