don't click here

The Same Brawl Topic Again! But not nuked by switching to a server backup.

Print

Author Topic: The Same Brawl Topic Again! But not nuked by switching to a server backup.  (Read 162808 times)

Offline Stefan

Re: The Same Brawl Topic Again! But not nuked by switching to a server backup.
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2007, 09:21:58 am »
I twas clear that waluigi would be an at. he's not relevant enough to the mario franchise at all.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2007, 08:33:36 am »
I saw an artical in NP that showed a screenshot of Sonic, Tails, Mario, and Link at GHZ. It couldn't be The subspace emissary becvause there were four characters. This shows that Tails is either an assist trophie, or a playable character. This also shows that GHZ will be in SSBB.

C'mon. Is it really THAT surprising seeing Tails in?
I've always said he'd get in as a playable character and why wouldn't he (or Knux for that matter)?

If 3 people can hail from the Kirby series, why can't 2 (or 3?) hail from the Sonic series?
It's not that improbable.

Also, regarding the post above, I think Waluigi is such a stupid character. Both Waluigi and Wario are dumb, imo. But anyway, I would've preferred another character to appear from the franchise, like Toad or Dry Bones (my favourite characters). :D

Imagine Birdo in this game. XD
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2007, 10:19:35 am »
I saw an artical in NP that showed a screenshot of Sonic, Tails, Mario, and Link at GHZ. It couldn't be The subspace emissary becvause there were four characters. This shows that Tails is either an assist trophie, or a playable character. This also shows that GHZ will be in SSBB.

Proof?  My friend has a Nintendo Power subscription and I looked in the SSBB section.  I didn't see Tails in any screenshot, let alone GHZ.

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2007, 08:57:13 pm »
If any of sonic friends' dont make it as a playable charecter(which is unlikely) its possible that one of them might be an assist
trophy.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2007, 10:33:56 pm »

C'mon. Is it really THAT surprising seeing Tails in?
I've always said he'd get in as a playable character and why wouldn't he (or Knux for that matter)?

If 3 people can hail from the Kirby series, why can't 2 (or 3?) hail from the Sonic series?
It's not that improbable.

Also, regarding the post above, I think Waluigi is such a stupid character. Both Waluigi and Wario are dumb, imo. But anyway, I would've preferred another character to appear from the franchise, like Toad or Dry Bones (my favourite characters). :D

Imagine Birdo in this game. XD

Your argument is irrational in so many places that I don't know where to begin.

Let's start with the beginning. By beginning I mean you believing ieatsonic. Not only is the screenshot fake, as the many people who have nintnedo power display (not to mention that the biggest smash bros community in the world hasn't heard of this pic), but you refused to read that and took this fake, illegitimate picture as reality instantly, without a shed of critical analysis.

Now that the basis of your entire argument has been wiped out from under your feet, let's go for the rationalization of tails's entry. He wouldn't get in because he's not a big character in nintendo history. Sonic was mario's rival. He's on nintendo systems. Tails is a sidekick to a 3rd party company with no significance to nintendo. He's not big. Would tails, a part of sonic, a sega series, get in before a second fzero rep?

You compare Sonic, as a franchise, to kirby. The major problem with that is:

SONIC IS A SEGA GAME. KIRBY IS ARGUABLY THE THIRD MOST IMPORTANT FRANCHISE IN NINTENDO. Maybe fourth. Kirby's important. Kirby is a big part of nintendo games.

Not to mention Sakurai, the creator of Brawl, -designed- kirby and the kirby games. It seems a little more reasonable now.

Even if sonic were that important of a franchise in nintendo's history, why would one of the one/two remaining 3rd party slots go to a franchise that's already represented? Why would we pick a watered down sonic when we could choose from bomberman, pacman, megaman, and anyother man out there?

Tails won't get in. K.

that is all.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2007, 04:09:50 pm »
Well SORRY. I'm not overly-excited about this game to the point that I'm ready to defend it. I was jsut sharing what I thought. Geesh.

It's not THAT irrational, and some of it was based on personal opinion/preference anyway. Who said anything about confirmations, etc. I'm just thinking of the possibility he could get in. At the very LEAST as an assist trophy. If not Tails, then Shadow's probably the second-best bet based on his supposed "skills".
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2007, 07:56:41 am »
I thought today's update was pretty win, for something that's not technically new.

I'd've liked to have seen the Sonic hat, but oh well. I think almost every picture is pretty funny.

Also, accidental confirmation of Dedede's standard special?

Offline Stefan

« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2007, 08:25:23 am »
Nothing brings joy to my face like that snake kirby hat.

And then nothing wipes it right off like the metaknight hat. :(

Offline Stefan

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2008, 06:44:05 pm »
ONOS THREAD NECROMANCY.

Anyway, back on halloween (wow.. that's pathetic. That's how I spent my halloween?), genus and I posted who we predicted would be in brawl's final roster. We arbitrarily set the limit to 40 characters. Since 22 chars had been confirmed by then, we had a list of 18. Now, on January 30th, the final roster has been revealed. As such, I want to go back and revisit my predictions. Where I was right i'll jump for joy, where I was wrong I'll cry sad cries of grief. And in the end, I'll be happy that I almost certainly beat genus.

Anyway, Brawl spoilers follow, so don't read if you don't wanna know.

1. Luigi - Confirmed - This was a nobrainer.
2. Ganondorf - Confirmed - Another clear choice!
3. Krystal - Deconfirmed - Wait... I had Krystal this high up? I was pretty confident in Sakurai's interest in females, new characters, and non clones. Oh well. Wolf's close..
4. Captain Falcon - Confirmed - No brainer
5. Jigglypuff- Confirmed - Duh.
6. Ridley - Deconfirmed - WHAT. NO RIDLEY? Ridley is probably the most popular character not in brawl. He belongs to a  series that is sorely underrepresented. He appears twice in the game with a character model and moveset. It is boggling that he wasn't included. My only real gripe about the roster.
7. Olimar - Confirmed - I can't wait to play as Olimar!
8. Game and Watch - Confirmed - Nice call stef~
9. Marth - Confirmed - For a long time, I didn't believe Marth would be included. I changed my mind.
10. Falco - Confirmed - Same as above!
11. Bowser Jr. - Deconfirmed - I assumed Sakurai would want heavy mario representation to have at least 5 characters like last game. BJ (lol! immaturity!) was the clear choice for me there. :(:(
12. Cel-Shaded Link - Confirmed - Called it! Hah!
13. Megaman - Deconfirmed - There's absolutely no debating that, if a new 3rd party was in brawl, it would be megaman. It just didn't pan out.
14. Lucario - Confirmed - I got a bunch of crap from my friends and people online when I said lucario would replace mewtwo. Well, I WAS RIGHT!
15. Animal Crosser - Deconfirmed - Snubbed.
16. Balloon Figher - Deconfirmed - There was reason to believe it would happen....
17. Stafy - Deconfirmed - At least stafy was represented as an at.
18. Isaac - Deconfirmed - Arguably the 4th most wanted character not included.. after ridley, megaman, geno, and animal crosser.

Anyway, of the 18 picks, 10 were correct. My misses were Krystal (better than Wolf..), Ridley (ROBBED), Bowser Jr., Megaman, Acer, Balloon Fighter, Stafy, and Isaac.

I predicted 32/35 characters included in brawl, missing only ness (up until now...), wolf (predicted 3 starfox reps correctly!), and rob (wtf. :()

Let's see you do better genus!

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2008, 06:47:02 pm »
Spoilers impending! The full roster is known.

Let's see how well I guessed with my predicted roster... (+1 for every correct guess, nothing for an incorrect guess)

Luigi-Yes! This is pretty obvious.
Krystal-No! Krystal must be an AT or something.
Ganondorf-Yes! Ganondorf was also very obvious. He is still a clone though :(
Captain Falcon-Yes! CF looks less angry now, and is instead just a badass. Eat your heart out Mike.
Jigglypuff-Yes! Once more this was a given.
Ridley-No! He's actually a boss...this surprised me. He wasn't the most feasible of characters sure, but I thought Sakurai would take the time to work on him. Oh well.
Megaman-No! There must have been organizational issues of some sort between Nintendo and Capcom.
Captain Olimar-Yes! All credit to Stefan here.
Animal Crossing Player-No! This is another issue of feasability...Sakurai didn't know how to make this work. I do wonder about the leaf icon on dojo though...
Mii-No! People didn't like Miis too much.
Celshaded Link-Yes! He's a clone too :/
Lucario-Yes! Who here is not surprised that one of the most popular pokemon ever made the cut?
Paper Mario-No! I would have loved PM playable, and I think he's a very interesting character with much moveset potential, but I digress. I guess there were too many Mario reps?
Pacman-No! Sakurai didn't want to design another moveset from the ground up.
Isaac-No! This to me is a big shocker because we have a very popular character with good moveset potential and an upcoming game...just like Roy I would have thought he's be included to promote an upcoming game.
Felix-No! Well obviously if Isaac wasn't in, Felix wouldn't be either.
King K. Rool-No! Because how many heavy characters do we really want.
Falco-Yes! The mind does reel.

=8 right

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2008, 05:24:54 am »
My thoughts on the newcomers:
Lucario: No. Die in a fire, you generic lame furry. You are no match for the awesomeness of Mewtwo, you're a disgrace to the game. Fuck you.
Wolf: OH GREAT, A SECOND FOX CLONE! They should rename the game to Super Smash Bros. LANDMASTERS
R.O.B.: I see.
Toon/WW Link: Yeeeees. I was hoping for that one. Now I can play Link without being reminded of TP's mediocrity all the time.

THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2008, 07:10:06 am »
That Snake Kirby hat wins the internet.  Srsly.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2008, 05:22:20 pm »
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1200/36278065ib2qx3jb9.png

The full roster. Sad, but true. :(

EDIT:
If any of sonic friends' dont make it as a playable charecter(which is unlikely) its possible that one of them might be an assist
trophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIhZp8vxzU

Wrong.  Shadow AT confirmed at 47sec. :(
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:38:57 pm by ChaoRC »

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2008, 10:31:55 pm »
I like the roster personally. If we're talking the number of playabler characters, people wanted far too much of the game, and set themselves up to be disappointed. If we mean the characters included, then no roster could please a fanbase this large, so the dev team didn't try. While certain characters' inclusions didn't make sense to some people (Wolf, ROB) and the omission of others was equally confusing (Ridley, ACer, insert your favorite characters here), it is as a whole satisfying. Complaining about a game that gives you so much fan service because your favorite character wasn't playable is to me ungrateful. Then again the people saying this sort of thing say also "yeah I'll still get the game", voiding their point entirely.

Anyways to PPA...Lucario is not a "generic lame furry". Lucario is a METAL NINJA. As a general rule, you do not see metal ninjas in most works that feature ninjas. In fact, I think Lucario is the only metal ninja I have ever seen. The only one of something is by definition unique until a copycat comes along. If anyone here, after sprouting fur, is a "generic lame furry", I'd say that's Mewtwo. The plotline of a genetic experiment with amazing powers gone wrong is old and tired. You might like the fact that he's a "badass" but Lucario is equally worthy there. The problem here is that you have nostalgia for Mewtwo...R/B/Y were the first pokemon games you played, and as such you're less willing to accept the "new guard"...if Lucario were ever cut in favor of Mewtwo in another Smash game, and you first played in DP then you'd be saying how Mewtwo is a "generic lame (...bald furry?)". As such stop pretending it's not a matter of perspective.

Also I may post a new tier list tomorrow, as we know the full roster and there is less conjecturing involved. Until then,

, ,,

perfunctory statement ending post

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2008, 07:29:14 am »

Toon/WW Link: Yeeeees. I was hoping for that one. Now I can play Link without being reminded of TP's mediocrity all the time.

And instead be reminded of WW's... sailing?
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2008, 07:36:26 am »
The Wind Waker was unique, charming and refreshing (I admit there was a bit too much sailing though), while I was very disappointed to see TP being nothing but an uninspired OoT rehash that failed to deliver anything new, was too easy, and generally had too many flaws for a Zelda game.
Anyways to PPA...Lucario is not a "generic lame furry". Lucario is a METAL NINJA. As a general rule, you do not see metal ninjas in most works that feature ninjas. In fact, I think Lucario is the only metal ninja I have ever seen.
Wrong. Scizor is a metal ninja. And a lot cooler than Lucario, and less hairy!
And I know that newfags won't know Mewtwo but Lucario, and this is why I stopped being a Nintendo fan: They neglect their old fanbase in favour of "casual gamers", which I find unacceptable (even though I can understand it from an economical viewpoint).

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2008, 07:46:40 am »
I'm actually kind of annoyed there are apparently clone characters after all.

I didn't mind them in Melee at all (the Doc was one of my favourite characters), but since we were told (I think, I never heard it from the source but lots of people were saying it) a while ago that there would be no clones, it seems sloppy for them now to go "Oh wait there are clones after all lol". As much as many would disagree with me I'd rather not have had Ness if Lucas were in (even though I haven't played Mother 3). I get the impression Falco and Ganondorf are still clones, as well as Toon Link. What about Wolf (TWO Fox clones? fucking PLEASE)?

HOWEVER

despite this, and the fact that, like many others, I'd've liked Megaman and Ridley, there's no denying that this is an incredible roster. When I finally get this game (fucking NoE) I will enjoy it greatly. I think people feel more disappointed than they would be otherwise because all the really awesome reveals (Sonic, Dedede, Olimar, Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, Snake) already happened, and they didn't keep any good ones to be discovered during the game. After so many good Japan Times it's a come-down for the game to come out and all the unknown secret characters to be clones, veterans, or replacements.

Now I'll just have to steer clear of SSE spoilers. :[

Also KRYSTAL AND BOWSER JR AREN'T IN IT THANK GOD *\o/*
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 08:13:42 am by Crowbar »

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »
For interest's sake, I constructed a tier list to compare with whatever list comes out of the MBR in the ensuing months. To sidestep any potential conflict: this is -for fun-, tiers are -not- the most important thing in determining character choice/factoring in who will win a match, I do know who Gimpyfish is, and piss off for mentioning I have too much free time on my hands.

I expect Brawl to be less oriented towards effective range than Melee, and more dependant on the area a character can control with respectable power.

FRACTURED TIER LIST IMPENDING

ROB-ROB has Peach's downsmash, powerful and spammable projectiles, good speed, a spike, crazy di (more than even Jigglypuff's), and he's of respectable weight. Oh and there's his godly recovery. ROB can ascend while using his upb for a whopping 5 seconds, during which time he is able to attack. That 5 seconds doesn't have to be used all at once though, so you could jump, ascend, jump again, ascend again, etc...basically he has a vicious wall of pain style strategy. Sounds like ROB will be able to fight well at close and far ranges, which no other character has ever been able to do.

King DeDeDe-DDD has very good recovery, extremely powerful moves (he can ko Mario at 17% on FD with a fully charged fsmash...while it neglects di that is still awesome), a spammable projectile with decent damage and knockback, he's floaty, he's heavy, his attacks are fairly quick, he has a chain throw, and from the looks of things DeDeDe has a disjointed hitbox. He's a large and slow target sure, but DDD sounds like a total beast.

Marth-Tippers are back! Marth is -the- definitive edgeguarder and his moves pack a punch, which is even more important now that Brawl is a floaty game. Marth also gained some in the recovery department with a b move that has very little startup and can gain him horizontal height. I don't know if his chainthrows are back...but Marth kept almost everything that made him great in Melee, and benefitted heavily from the need for ko power.

Lucario-Lucario sounds formidable as well. Lucario has good recovery...if he hits the side of a stage while using his upb, he's able to climb his way up to safety. No joke, look into it. He's also very fast, fairly heavy, floaty, and with strong attacks that come out quickly. Also of note is that he has a unique property-the more damage Lucario takes, the more damage and knockback his attacks deal (up to 2x damage/knockback at 200%). So basically you have a character that's hard to ko with dynamite moves that becomes -stronger- as you beat on him. Fearsome.

Upper
Olimar-People have INSULTED ME for saying Olimar will be obscenely good but Olimar will be obscenely good. He can churn out Pikmin very, very quickly with pikmin pluck and spam them easily with pikmin throw. A defensive Olimar sounds hard to defeat...if he produces purple pikmin and sits there, it's going to be difficult to get through to him...he's also a small target, which definitely works in his favor.

Zero Suit Samus-Do I need to say why ZSS will be awesome? Basically she's fast with Sheik's tilts, Falco's laser, good recovery, can actually combo, etc. etc. etc.

Falco-Falco's laser is stronger, and his downb can be thrown for better range...sounds like he's more or less what he was in Melee, with some significant improvements. Though he doesn't have ko power, Falco can still snipe opponents from far away and hold his ground, punishing anyone who advances. For such a good character, he didn't really fit the meta then (speedy, needling characters on top) and I don't think he will now (from the looks of things powerful characters with good attack range).

Wolf-He's a slower Fox with more attack power, better range, an amazing reflector (check out its size), and superior recovery. Wolf just has a lot going for him.

Meta Knight-MK has lost a lot in my book for lack of powerful moves, but he still has combo potential, a disjointed hitbox, speed, strong aerials, and multiple jumps/good recovery. We may have overestimated his capabilities, but Meta Knight will still be powerful.

Peach-Her godly dsmash has been toned down but turnips and float cancelling are back, and her bair has been improved from Melee...Peach will be good for the same reasons she was in Melee, even without her brutal dsmash.

Pit-I still say Pit will be a very good fighter. He has good combo potential (a rarity), very good recovery, strong aerials, and edgeguarding skills...if Pit can knock someone off the platform then it's pretty much a free kill.

Middle
Pikachu-Pikachu has been severely buffed in Brawl, with added attack power and reduced lag on his moves. Pikachu is more like the SSB version...with infinite range on thunder, thunder spiking is back, his aerials have been improved, his smash attacks are still powerful, etc. etc. etc. Pikachu will still have range problems I think, but they won't be as amplified as they were in Melee.

Kirby-Kirby's been improved from Melee, now that his aerials have fewer startup frames and cover more or less the same range as they did in SSB. Kirby's fair also extends his recovery, compensating for his recovery problems in Melee. His throws can be executed faster as well, making a kirbycide easier to pull off.

Captain Falcon-From what I've heard, CF's moves are still powerful...and he's still fast! This is a very good combination and I do not feel like explaining why.

Bowser-Bowser has been buffed since Melee. His moves are stronger with less lag, he's reportedly faster, his throws have been upgraded, his recovery has improved, on and on and on. I don't think it's enough to make Bowser -that- good, but from the looks of things he'll at least be playable.

Fox-Fox has taken a hit without waveshining and foxtrotting returning, as well as with the floatiness of the game...however his uair can apparently score multiple hits and has more range, so I'd say he's still going to be a solid fighter.

Ganondorf-I've seen very little of Ganondorf in action, but it looks like even though he's slow his attacks come out quickly, and his recovery is marginally better. If that's the case then Ganondorf will be a decidedly average fighter.

Sheik-I've heard rumors that her chainthrows are out, so Sheik lost a lot in the punishment department...tilt combos also don't look like they're feasible anymore, and Sheik's inability to kill at low percents will cost her. Then again she still has needles and such.

Mario-Mario -defines- character balance...as far as I see it he's pretty much unchanged from Melee since FLUDD is useless and the Mario Tornado is an aerial.

Luigi-Luigi is better than he was in Melee. His slow falling speed, poor traction, weak ground game, etc. have all been improved...his recovery has also been bolstered since Luigi can jump higher and the super jump punch goes further vertically. He still isn't as good as Mario, but he's more usable than in Melee.

Low
Jigglypuff-I expect that rest combos will become even more necessary for a Jigglypuff player, now that -everything- dies at high percents. Jiggly will, I think, be subpar as a fighter.

Toon Link-WW Link has a few things going for him, but not too much. His dair ("the pogostick") is very easy to get in, and you can use it to damage your opponent almost indefinitely...it's a solid punishing move which will lend itself to a decent wakeup game. He also has solid aerials. His upb is very damaging, and with a strange trajectory hard to target...I see the potential for some very interesting mindgames. TL is also fast...and then the praise ends because he's light, his recovery is bad, and he doesn't have a kill move.

Ike-He has fairly powerful attacks and is heavy with a disjointed hitbox, but his poor recovery and attack speed will hurt his usage.

Sonic-The only things Sonic accels in are speed and recovery...his attacks are weak, comboability is difficult, he doesn't have much range, and on and on and on.

Lucas-Lucas is basically Ness reworked. His PK fire move is surprisingly damaging and he's deceptively strong...but he also has bad recovery, so-so speed, and a light weight.

Ice Climbers-Desynching is back, which means they can chain throw...however, the IC's are abysmally slow without wavedashing and they play a generally poor aerial game. In spite of their strong smash attacks I don't see them playing too well, mainly because their attacks have a lot of startup lag.

Donkey Kong-Not much changed for Donkey Kong. He's still moderately fast and heavy, which is a plus...but then he has bad recovery, he isn't really powerful (as seen in Famitsu's 'top 3'), he has poor range, lackluster aerials, and generally isn't a good character.

Diddy Kong-Diddy Kong is fast and weak with bad range and passable recovery. I do not feel like explaining why this is a bad combination.

Samus-Samus' missiles and chargeshot have been absolutely butchered from Melee to Brawl, so her biggest strength is gone.

Bottom
Link-Link can no longer spike with his upb, so he's a slow character with little power and a shallow playstyle.

Game and Watch-He's bad for the same reason everyone this low is bad...he's slow with crap range and weak attacks. I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe he has been improved from Melee.

Zelda-She's been slightly improved from Melee, but not enough for her to be any good. She's still very slow, light, a large target, and her attacks are laggy.

Yoshi-Blah.

Ness-Ness' attacks are weak, they're laggy, he has bad recovery, he's slow, and he's light. I can think of no redeeming attributes of Ness.

Pokemon Trainer-The pokemon aren't very good...of the bunch only Ivysaur looks like he can combo and kill reliably (Squirtle has problems with range and a general lack of power while Charizard's attacks come out very slowly), and you can't play a single pokemon as PT.

Snake-Snake looks fairly weak and slow, so I'm not expecting much from him. He can potentially edgeguard with his mines/projectiles...but the moves that can actually get the opponent to the point where they're knocked off stage are lacking.

Wario-I overestimated Wario's prowess...even at full power the Wario waft has piddling knocback, his recovery isn't good, and his attacks are slow to come out. For a powerful character, he...isn't, he's only marginally more powerful than most fighters.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2008, 07:58:37 am »
I'm bumping this thread in honour of today's update being awesome.

Also, updated tier lists, anyone?

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2008, 10:51:08 am »
One thing I've noticed (not sure if it's been mentioned yet, too lazy to bother looking through the whole topic) is that Jigglypuff's "Rest" move no longer does a one-hit KO unless the opponents' percentage is above 100% or so. Which makes it useless. :(

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2008, 11:43:16 am »
One thing I've noticed (not sure if it's been mentioned yet, too lazy to bother looking through the whole topic) is that Jigglypuff's "Rest" move no longer does a one-hit KO unless the opponents' percentage is above 100% or so. Which makes it useless. :(
NOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Mo

« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2008, 05:54:39 pm »
That not bad!
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline Alondite

Ok....so as of a tier list.... I'll whip up a quick one....though based solely on what Ive heard and some things I've seen.

Toon Link: much faster, more menuverable, and seemingly more powerful than Link
Wolf: About the same speed as the other spacies...with more power. 5% blaster is pretty nice too

High
Falco: That laser lock just seems easy to set up for a (potential) infinite
Pit: Pit is fast, and seems to have some good KO moves too, plus great recovery
Marth: Same old marth with a bit less range (which actaully hurts quite a bit), and less-powerful non-tippers
Ike: Ike attacks slow...but virtually all of his moves have low% KO potential,and he has great range. He also has a good, fast approach, great ledge stall, and a few really quick, yet still powerful attacks (his bair has virtually no star or end lag, and is stronger than most other characters smashes)
Fox: He may be nerfed a bit...but he's still Fox

Mid
Diddy: Diddy seems fst, and powerful, and has those bananas...only reason he's low is I've heard small characters tear him apart, and bananas can be used against him
DeDeDe: Basically what Genus said...but he really is a huge target...and his powerful moves are SLOW. His chainthrow is also not 100%, and tough to set up as well.
Meta Knight: So fast....but with no KO power. Still, great recovery

Yea well...i've determined now that I don't like how this is turning out......and I'm getting sick of writing it now...so I'll come back to it later >_>

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2008, 05:06:38 pm »
I don't want to necro, but this is some sort of weirdness right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Jy3d9v3u8

O_o

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2008, 06:57:37 pm »
Posting a video of someone doing some type of character hack work of some kind does not call for necro (at least not that I'm aware of for this subject).

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2008, 11:57:07 pm »
It was either that or make a new thread, and I didn't fell like making one when I have a perfectly good 8+ page discussion topic about it. >.>

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2008, 10:57:49 am »
On a random note: lol at how wrong the speculative tier lists were!

<3 Thorn.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2008, 11:01:40 pm »
agree with Mike, mainly at the fact  that the top of top was marked in the "bottom" tier as only-barely-above-Wario ^_^
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2008, 11:52:38 pm »
What exactly is said "top of top"?

And where are Marth and Pit on the tier list?
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2008, 01:24:36 am »
Snake is the best character in the game, hands-down, as far as tourny is concerned...

and he was ranked as next to worst...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 2,045 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.34 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.