don't click here

Hmm, what way would you go?

Print

Author Topic: Hmm, what way would you go?  (Read 13755 times)

Offline MrNomad

Hmm, what way would you go?
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:23:27 am »
Nomad here, been awhile since i left! I have a question for yall: if the only console you had now were the ps2/xbox/gamecube and you wanted to get a new system that had sonic games on it, what would you pick? For me, im really thinking of getting a DS so I can play Sonic Rush, SR adventure and the M&S olympics game. At first I was thinking a wii so i could play SSR along with the new alien syndrome and Nights game, but then I was like "That or some new great 2D sonic games that have aimed to please a lot of players" My sis wants to get a 360, so then i can get sonic 06 and play that, im sure it's enjoyable and most the hate was just do to the loading screens =P Well thats wat I think ill do, how about yall?

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
Re: Hmm, what way would you go?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:22:44 pm »
Hmm would go for the DS.I would get some of them sonic games
pokemon so that I can play Wifi against these guys(would be fun)
and maybe some other games....
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 08:23:13 pm »
If you only look at Sonic games, definitely go for a DS or Wii. I'd go with a Wii personally, but a DS is good if you want to play anywhere.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:10:23 am »
Hell no don't get a 360. Sonic 06 is a genuinely horrendous game. Anybody who tries to tell you otherwise is a faggot.

Get a DS. It has alot of other brilliant games that aren't Sonic (Elite Beat Agents, Mario Kart, Metoes, Phoenix Wright, Kirby Canvas Curse, Yoshi's Island DS etc. etc.)

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 03:21:08 pm »
I have a Wii,360,and DS,but if I could only choose one..DS!

Offline eggFL

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 04:54:00 pm »
Nomad here, been awhile since i left! I have a question for yall: if the only console you had now were the ps2/xbox/gamecube and you wanted to get a new system that had sonic games on it, what would you pick? For me, im really thinking of getting a DS so I can play Sonic Rush, SR adventure and the M&S olympics game. At first I was thinking a wii so i could play SSR along with the new alien syndrome and Nights game, but then I was like "That or some new great 2D sonic games that have aimed to please a lot of players" My sis wants to get a 360, so then i can get sonic 06 and play that, im sure it's enjoyable and most the hate was just do to the loading screens =P Well thats wat I think ill do, how about yall?

For all intents and purposes, you shouldn't get an Xbox 360 solely for Sonic06... you clearly don't want either, and your sister quite obviously doesn't know what's in store for her.

But I still think you should get a Wii... I mean I guess that would be better for your sis as well. Hell yea Nights, you have Mario Olympics too anyway, and everything. Rush series is trash.

Anyway, if I didn't get an Xbox 360 and never played Sonic06, I'd guess I'd have to go for an Xbox 360. Sonic06 is still the serious Sonic game compared to the Wii titles, and the only one with normal gameplay, and it's by far the prettiest one and the one with the best soundtrack... The way Sonic06 turned out doesn't make a difference, it was still great, and perhaps more significantly, I had to have played it for myself no matter what otherwise I would never know for myself. Besides, Xbox 360, while it had plenty of crappy games, still has plenty of games I enjoy, whereas Wii has no online and virtually no non-Sonic games worth playing from my perspective even still.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 07:12:06 pm »
Your best bet is to get a DS. Sonic06 was absolutely horrible. Avoid it like the plague. (3/10) The Wii Sonic game had some nice ideas and fun gameplay but the Wiimote is your worst enemy. (7.5/10). It will be getting Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games though. The DS has the awesome but still plagued by old issues (the game at least made an attempt to correct them) Sonic Rush (8.5/10), will be getting Sonic Rush Adventure soon, and Sonic RPG is on the way so the DS is your best bet. 
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 08:04:26 pm »
(3/10)
What happened to it being an average 5/10? Come on man, get some convictions. :(

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 04:25:43 am »
I WOULD BUY

A MEGA CD.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 09:36:03 pm »
Well, its been a long time since I came back, and now Im starting to lean towards Wii, not just for the NIGHTS game, but Sonic/Secret Rings, Bleach Wii, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, and any new Wii games after that. Since im more of a SEGA/Sonic fan than any other, the Wii looks like a better choice, more good looking games plus the SEGA vintage collection, and who wouldnt love playing toejam and earl and shinobi III :P

Offline Alondite

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 12:32:54 am »
I would go with a DS. And no, S06 does not suck JUST because of load times. There's also the controls, level design, story, and technical flaws like camera and collision. Stay away.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 03:03:24 am »
Oh God dont even mention the camera.
* Drifloon curls into a ball and sways slightly
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:13 am »
* P.P.A. pokes RPG.

and who wouldnt love playing toejam and earl and shinobi III :P
*coughsegagenesiscollectionforps2cough*

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 10:21:52 am »
* P.P.A. pokes RPG.

and who wouldnt love playing toejam and earl and shinobi III :P
*coughsegagenesiscollectionforps2cough*
Ya, except toejam and earl isnt in the genesis collection > > Now that Im looking at Sonic Rush Adventure, Im really starting to feel like getting that =/ I duno what to do, it's already out and it looks so good > <

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 06:28:56 pm »
Quote from: EggFL
The way Sonic06 turned out doesn't make a difference, it was still great
lolwut?  Surely the way it turned out is the way it *is* and therefor the correct grounds for judging it?
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline eggFL

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 09:18:51 pm »
Well, its been a long time since I came back, and now Im starting to lean towards Wii, not just for the NIGHTS game, but Sonic/Secret Rings, Bleach Wii, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, and any new Wii games after that. Since im more of a SEGA/Sonic fan than any other, the Wii looks like a better choice, more good looking games plus the SEGA vintage collection, and who wouldnt love playing toejam and earl and shinobi III :P

Great! Then you should definitely get a Wii if you ask me.

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 02:47:56 am »

Great! Then you should definitely get a Wii if you ask me.
pew pew

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 07:28:08 pm »
Yah, you should get a Wii. The virtual console also has the Genesis Sonic games. You'll be able to play Sonic 1, 2, and 3 just came out. The Wii is the way to got.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 06:09:54 am »
Yah, you should get a Wii. The virtual console also has the Genesis Sonic games. You'll be able to play Sonic 1, 2, and 3 just came out. The Wii is the way to got.
The VC is not an argument to byu the console. The games are far too expensive, don't have any added features, and playing them on a gay little box instead of their real console just sucks. :(

Offline eggFL

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 06:32:35 am »
We all already have our own "Virtual Console". >_>

ah the virtual console, like an Xbox Live Arcade for old games only. Indeed it's not a real reason to but a Wii. Or at least if you're just going to get the same old games you can get anywhere like Mario and Sonic and Pacman and not something unique, rare, and exotic that's actually GOOD like.. well I dunno what.

Here is a list of the Virtual Console titles for USA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_%28North_America%29

From the ones that are out I'd pretty much only be interested in Super Castlevania 4 and Ristar... maybe Kirby's Dream Course.

Anyway I don't think I ever said these reasons - Wii is more "share-able" with your sister, it also has a long future ahead of it since it's relatively quite new, meaning tons of games we want that aren't even conceived yet. Whereas DS has long been out. And dare I say its library is not very impressive -- even at this point DS is still outnumbered in games-you-want. Unless Rush is that 'killer app' to you. (which is probably a mistake)

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 03:16:51 pm »
The VC is not an argument to byu the console. The games are far too expensive, don't have any added features, and playing them on a gay little box instead of their real console just sucks. :(

Well, if you look at his first post:

if the only console you had now were the ps2/xbox/gamecube and you wanted to get a new system that had sonic games on it, what would you pick?

The way he worded it mentioned that he wanted the experince to play a variety, or as much Sonic games as possible. The Wii has tons of Sonic games available. From the backword capability to play Gamecube games, to the VC ones, and ones that are on the Wii itself, you'll be able to play basically every Sonic game in existance.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 05:39:02 pm »
:O good point

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 06:51:00 pm »
yeah, the Wii is the way to go.

Print

Hits: 148 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.21 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.