don't click here

Scrap Brain 2 Rings

Print

Author Topic: Scrap Brain 2 Rings  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
Scrap Brain 2 Rings
« on: June 11, 2007, 12:31:06 am »
If you were wondering (which I'm sure some are), I discovered a way to break into another path and grab 52 extra rings. I still have no idea where the extra 3 that others are getting are coming from. Maybe they could share in return for this .giz? :[

This .giz is of the American version of the game as opposed to the Japanese one, unlike my last ring discovery. The .giz only shows the useful glitch I discovered. I'll try making a full ring-attack video later.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:38:38 am by SkyLights »

Offline Crowbar

Re: Scrap Brain 2 Rings
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 11:42:02 am »
Woah. Crazy.

Gives me motivation to actually try to RA Scrap Brain. After attempting Starlight 1 & 3 and finding them more complex than I can really be bothered with, SB did not seem appealing. :(

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 01:09:14 pm »
Amazing discovery Sky.
you can run, but not fast enough...

Offline ybbun

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:44:21 pm »
Wow, how did you discover that? You do realise that if you'd never told us about it, the record could have been yours forever? hehe

As I know how to get 3 more rings, I expected to beat your record of 221 by 3 and so get 224, but I actually was able to finish with 247 rings! This is because the trick to get the 3 extra rings is so bizarre, that it actually frees up between 19 and 23 more for when you do this other trick! In fact, figuring out how to get 23 more and not 19 more is almost another trick in itself! This level has now got to be the best of any Sonic level in terms of ring attacking (if it wasn't already). But once you discover the secret you feel great.

I'm busy at the moment so will PM you the trick for the other 26 rings on Thursday or Friday. I don't think I want to reveal it because it will spoil it, though I could possibly be persuaded to lol.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 05:40:08 pm by ybbun »

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 08:30:19 pm »
I discovered the trick because I was scratching my head over where 3 more rings come from. I first figured they were on another route, then thought they might be in one of the breakable objects under the floor for some reason, proceeding unto the top route with the four/five collapsing floors with rings spaced between them because it seemed like there were rings randomly appearing there for some reason, which brought me to discover that you could use that particular crusher to an advantage. I shared because one, it's a pretty large lead in a game that is not named Sonic Rush and I think it needs an explaination, and two, people don't seem to think I can discover my own tricks. :[ I'm not quite sure why, but oh well.

Also, I must agree with you Crow, Star Light 1 and 3 are probably the hardest RA's in the game, or at the very least, the most annoying. I'll say that Star Light 3 is probably the worse offender though X(

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 09:11:08 pm »
I just realized that 247-rings run.
Now that's a very interesting strat.
you can run, but not fast enough...

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 02:28:02 am »
That download doesn't seem to work. Anyway to get it up again?

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 02:31:12 am »
I'm assuming this is it since it says "sb2" in the file, though it might be a 221 or so ring attack of the entire zone without the other trick.

Print

Hits: 113 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.