don't click here

Mistakes we can learn from.

Print

Author Topic: Mistakes we can learn from.  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Mistakes we can learn from.
« on: September 23, 2010, 05:20:24 pm »
Alright, goaded on by "Sonic doesn't need a story" and the repeated rant of "Why don't you do better", I've decided to compile a fair set of knowledge in the sonic universe for what a sonic game should and shouldn't be.

I figured if I'm going to give this a shot, I'm going to need a lot more knowledge than what I have, and hopefully with subjective/objective backing as well.

Also, this could be for laughs, or for pointing out variuos shortcomings of games... I didn't see anything else like it, so here we go.

Problem: Sonic moves too fast for accuracy, or too slow for enjoyment (SU/S06 "walking" for the first, Werehog for the second)
Solution: Spindash (SA/SA2 is a perfect example of this.  I can imagine this as part of the developmental stages of S2 as well "We want sonic faster... oh shit, now he's too fast... oh, spindash!")
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 564 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 975.00 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.