don't click here

Paragod, possible shortcuts in Radical Highway

Print

Author Topic: Paragod, possible shortcuts in Radical Highway  (Read 2860 times)

Paragod, possible shortcuts in Radical Highway
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:36:49 am »
Hey man, your video is SICK, with it I got a time that is 22nd in it.  I've noticed a couple of things that may speed you up a second or two, although i doubt anyone will be able to come near your current time :P

First, and i'm not totally sure on this one, after you do the first Y that splits into two loops, and you go through the tunnel, i've found if you hold down the charge and go off, you barely make it on, but you are on ground level so you can do a quick speed dash, may save some time.

Second, and i've only done this once, when you go up the first pulley, and hit the springs, i dunno how, but i hit the attack button and it stopped my fall and i landed directly onto the pavement without having to wait to land.  You start back farther than in your run, but with a speed dash i think you can save time.

Third, when you use the rocket to fly up, instead of jumping around the roller, just go at it and hold B to do ur spin dash, if you do it right before the roller, you actually go under it and directly into a spin charge (so instead of jump around, land, spin dash, you just spin dash)

I am not positive if this will speed you up since i'm no where near your skill level.  But i hope some of these things are helpful :-)

Also, as i'm trying to improve my time as well, how do you do the spin dash thing so fast?  And you have blue swirly stuff like a light speed attack does that effect anything?  I didn't get the light attack for shadow. :-/

oh, and sorry i've been MIA, running business, school, comic, about 5.5 hours of sleep a night -.-  this is the first time i've gotten to play video games i like a month

Offline Waxwings

Re: Paragod, possible shortcuts in Radical Highway
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:49:12 am »
First one I don't think saves any time in particular, as I've done it.

Second, maybe. It kills your momentum, though, and with a well-timed jump dash, you cans save a bit of time in the air. So I'm leaning towards no.

Thirs I've done, but it really doesn't matter. That was such a killer run on 1:46 that I don't think Paragod really needs it.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:30:19 pm by A Doubtful Sound »

Offline X-5

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 02:03:01 pm »
heya sonicandpals, welcome back- d'ya ever get sub 2 on city escape? :P

Trick #1 i never did because i was really bad at the game at the time and i didnt think it saved time anyway, your bringing it up made me realize it IS faster, id guess around a third of a second or so.

Trick #2, ive had that happen to me only once as well, one time it happened just right and it was extremely fast, it could probably potentially save a whole second, just... the fact its only happened once ever leads me to beleive that the timing would be really hard, probably 1/50th of a second or worse which im not capable of consistantly doing (my limit is probably 1/25th, anything quicker than that i cant do 100% of the time) so I doubt its even viably possible to put in a run, which sucks since it seems pretty useful :(

Ill play with it a little though, maybe theres a certain way you can do it that makes it much easier.

trick #3 I figured out about a week ago, (Which is what helped me get 1:46, I was stuck on 1:48 without it) had you made this topic earlier you would of taught me quite a few things :P

also, I now do the trick on all 3 spinwheels now, though the second one is HARD because I usually hit the wall because it takes me awhile to realize where im at

all in all though, 1:44 is definitely a possiblity, I had a run earlier that woulda been a low 1:45 but i had a stupid glitch at the end that made me go through the loop and die

thanks anyway though, trick #1 only saves a small amount of time but to me something is always better than nothing :)

oh yea what do you mean exactly by spindash so fast? and?  I reccomend?  not getting the light attack, it doesnt seem to help at all plus all it does it make level twice as hard to time attack(mainly because its distracting, but also it sometimes attacks nearby enemies which screws you up instantly, mainly on metal harbor and CE)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 08:04:14 am by Paragod »

Offline Stefan

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 08:03:02 am »
I knew the the spindash barrier thing, but I didn't thing it was actually faster.

Regardless, you can use that to go under any barrier, namely the ones in white jungle mission 5.

Print

Hits: 111 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1010.95 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.