don't click here

Mirage Road 1/2 recorded

Print

Author Topic: Mirage Road 1/2 recorded  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
Mirage Road 1/2 recorded
« on: July 06, 2007, 02:03:40 pm »
I finally had the patience to sit down and try to record something on an emulated Sonic Rush, and as a result I have come up with videos of Mirage Road 1 and Mirage Road 2 with decent video quality, which you can get here. I told myself I would surrender the Mirage Road 2 trick only on video, so here it is :P

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UO49J980
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EQZ64UGR

That being said, I won't be doing any more videos for the time being. You may have noticed the lack of synchronized audio and sound effects in the videos. That's because if I left it there, it would be sped up by about 300%.

While the audio emulation runs perfectly, the emulator only runs Sonic Rush's gameplay at 1/3 of its normal speed, and it runs even slower when you get to a boss battle or special stage. It's a pain in the ass. I tried special stage 2 out and finished it upwards of 15 minutes later with the chaos emerald. Both runs I recorded were actually around 8:30 to complete as well. If there were savestates or the save file didn't delete itself every time I turn on the game, then I wouldn't complain about it as much, but those cases are also apparent.

Case in point, DS emulation needs to get better before I try to make more videos. Once that happens though, I'll have no problem recording almost every route for both characters :0

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Mirage Road 1/2 recorded
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 07:00:32 am »
:O Awesome

So THATS what Ive been missing all this time
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 10:53:24 am »
I'm glad to see you're not doing anything I didn't already know/you didn't already tell me about. :) (though since our times are so close that was fairly self-evident)

I notice these are clearly sub-optimal runs (particularly at the beginning of MR2). Since the game runs so slowly wouldn't it be easier to make things really precise? Either way, good on you for being the first to bother doing this.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 01:15:01 pm »
It would be easy if I had time-attack mode, that way I didn't have to worry about lives so much :[

Print

Hits: 183 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1003.91 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.