don't click here

SCD drama rears its head again

Print

Author Topic: SCD drama rears its head again  (Read 7532 times)

Offline Rolken

SCD drama rears its head again
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:15:50 pm »
Update: It appears that the bulk of the SCD folk are now tending towards ignoring SDM's blather rather than taking it at face value. So what follows should be construed specifically as SDM being dumb and not SCD at large.

For those not In the Know, SCD is a site that used to be based on Sonic netplay competition. There was some drama over their Sonic Olympics competition, and then things were mostly left alone until SDM left with his Emerald Challenges and asked to take them here. Well, it looks like here comes round 3, as after a year SDM has left TSC and went back to SCD where he claims to have been spending the past year of activity here as a double agent exposing our plot to destroy their site and take all their members, while his taking the Emerald Challenges was just a means of furthering his disguise. Or something.

It never ceases to amaze me how drama springs up unbidden where SCD is concerned, but rather than accept another unfounded blow I suppose I will respond again. I would respond on SCD, but I appear to have been banned a couple months ago; I guess my inactivity was just *too much* for them.

If there is any evidence for the following statements I would like to see it presented.

Quote from: SDM
What I soon came to realize was that their actual intent was to prey on sites like this (and others) for their decently-skilled members.
In late October, I overheard some awful, awful plans. I'm not exactly sure if the events tie to them wanting me over there or not, but they had been planning a way to destroy this site.
The petty feuding between the two sites didn't stop, either. I heard Zizou had to just straight-up ban many of TSC's members for their attitude.
(I'm guessing this is the several months of inactivity that got me banned)

I would think the fact that TSC's presence at SCD for the past year plus has been close to nonexistent would speak for itself, but apparently it doesn't. I find it especially ludicrous that there's the need to make up TSC conspiracy stories when as far as I know any "hacking" has been at the hands of SCD staff. And when the post was mentioned in chat the unanimous response was "wtf is he TALKING about".

So yea. Put up or shut up. And if you have nothing better to do than spending a year as an active member here "spying" for a site that you alienated yourself from, for heaven's sake get a life.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:24:20 am by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: SCD drama rears its head again
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:42:32 pm »

<3 Thorn.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:53:03 pm »
So basically he got kinda bored and decided to go back to SCD and brought an excuse along with him. I'll be waiting for when he tries to come back here.

Also, obligatory wow.

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:41:12 pm »
WOW. I didn't think idiocy would be in the person with the Emerald Challenges.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:28:18 pm by Rick_242 »
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 10:54:16 pm »
Um, obligatory wtf?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Anything related to SCD vs. TSC is, well, BS. Should never have happened, yada yada, etc. Anyways, any so-called "drama" between TSC and SCD was a fucking year and a half ago.

It's over, okay!? Why doesn't everybody just shut the fuck up about it. Leave each other alone, or peacefully co-exist. Is it so hard to ask!?

</rant>

But seriously, why are people taking this much farther than it needs to go? Or further. Whatever the word is. Rolken ranted about it the other day in #soniccenter.

And Rick: I don't think SDM is an idiot. I just think he's... unsure of himself. And as he basically said in his post over there, he isn't exactly one to trust people. It's very confusing.

Maybe I should try to find him on NetBattle...
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:00:09 pm »
Quiet you. I was reading the topic and it's making more sense.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 11:06:57 pm »
I have given my two cents. X(

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 11:23:27 pm »
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 12:09:07 am »
Update:

I've "consolodated" my thoughts on semi-neutral ground. In a bit more of a coherent way. (Yes, it's on TSS. Shut up.)

That said, I still am not sure if I understand what I'm saying.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 02:39:44 am »
And here's CHERRY'S thoughts.  I'd have thoughts, but I didn't feel like it.

So like, I had just written a huge reply in the other thread, and it got locked right before I sent it. XD
However, it was locked with the message "Please persist from debating, as we try to accommodate for all point of views." - which to me, clearly states that all views are welcome, and we should persist debating! So, I shall repost here.

----

Hello everyone! I am from TSC. It's okay, don't worry, I promise not to bring in any nuclear warheads! In fact, I am really quite irrelevant in the land of TSC, given I have looked at this forum post more than the TSC forums in their entirety over the past year.

Anyway. I have come merely to shower you with some of my trademark cynicism! I will try to be impartial as I can, but I'm afraid that I'm not seeing anything wrong on one side of the argument (the TSC side, you see), and seeing lots of huge gaping holes of wtf on the other (the SDM side). Naturally, this is all my own personal opinion and not endorsed by the rest of TSC, so make of it what you will.

I've rambled enough, so I think some nice short bulletpoints and boldface font will be preferable from here on.

1. We still have no idea what the 'plot by TSC to destroy SCD and all its members' was. I've heard vague mentions of SM (the comedy channel wackjob) saying that SCD 'could be exploited', but this is about as far as it went. I should also add that we obviously haven't done anything for over half a year since he mentioned it, and, indeed, completely forgot he even mentioned it until we looked desperately through logs.SDM said he'd elaborate on our devious plan in an earlier post, but then never did.

2. I don't think I need to pick apart the patronising contradictions in SDM's latest reply. Apparantly, by his returning, you all learned to stand on your own two feet and take no bullshit. Apparantly you were being held back by him treating you like little kids. Apparantly by his ban evading, double-agenting and triple-bluffing, you should be able to trust him. Secret tip, SDM: I think both TSC and SCD can see where the bullshit is coming from, thankyouverymuch.

3. On the topic of neutrality, I don't think TSC and SCD have ever been at war in the first place. Indeed, neither sides are even present in the argument, the only person riling both sides up is SDM. I think the real war is between 'Everyone vs. SDM' here, and I can safely say I'm not supporting SDM's crazy antics here.

Finally: I am so very certain that there was no 'spying' going on by him at TSC. He merely left SCD, came to TSC for a year, and then decided to claim we're all backstabbers after a year. Really, we're rather confused by it all.

To all people that jumped to supporting SDM on his 'triumphant return' because he 'unveiled the sickening plot of rival sites against you', and that 'his year long charade of ditching SCD for TSC was so clever', I hope you'll feel a bit embarassed about saying that now. Really, there was never any hard feelings between TSC and SCD in the first place, and if anything, I think SDM has just managed to create them for the first time. Or, at least, tried to. Before we all saw through it.

In conclusion:
There is no war, there is no plan to blow up sites with secret weapons of mass destruction, we're confused, you're confused, and I for one have zero respect for people to try to create wars from absolutely nothing.

Thankyou for your time. <3
Hi

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 02:45:32 am »
As you may or may not know, I also added my so-called two cents.
The post, however, was then deleted by Zizou.  Twice.  With warnings sent to me via private message.

As my post is already reposted here in its entirety, here is the lovely PM exchange that followed!:

Quote from: Zizou
I'm sorry that I've deleted a post that you've created. I do realize that you must have put in a great deal of effort into it.

The topic I created is to mainly inform SCD's members.

I hope that you can understand that I am meant to receive the last word in this topic in my board in order to set the appropriate mood to keep things flowing. I hope that you can co-operate with me and persist from useless arguing about a member doing whatever he wants to do.

Please do not create other topics that relate to this matter, or consequence will be taken upon you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ziz.

Quote from: Cherry
I cannot say that I agree at all.

It's not so much an argument, it's an explanation from the 'other side' of the story, and a request that SDM addresses his previous statements.

Please understand that the posts being deleted has already set a bad mood for the few TSCers who actually got to see it being deleted.

By the way:
persist: to continue steadfastly or firmly in some state, purpose, course of action, or the like, esp. in spite of opposition, remonstrance, etc.

Quote from: Zizou
You're not the one who explains things over here. We do.

We don't screw around on your boards. So please respect ours. All I ask is for your co-operation to DROP the story.

You're the one making this a big deal.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 07:59:02 am »
Lol, way to have a wrong final line, Zizou :(.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 08:18:03 am »
Zizou's good at that; when SDM left SCD in the first place he was the only mod there not to thank him for his time and effort, choosing to express disappointment at his "betrayal" (I missed the part where joining a Sonic website was a lifelong binding contract, but there you go).

That aside, wtf@SDM?  I liked the guy, didn't see this coming at all.  Smacks of attention seeking to me, and it looks like both sides see it as such, which is a good thing.  In fact, I'm pleasantly surprised by both sides' handling of this.  There are sensible people on the Internet after all :)
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Rolken

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 09:30:09 am »
Here's my post from the TSS topic.

Well, it looks like the drama has met its forcible end, as Zizou is maintaining a "peaceful resolution" by locking any related topics and deleting any new posts that aren't his own - or in his words, "Please stop debating, as we try to accommodate for all point of views" (and separately) "or consequence will be taken upon you." Freedom is slavery, I guess.

edit: And as far as TSC-SCD "relations" go, it seems that most such talk on SCD is one of two flavors: TSC-SCD having some acrimonious debate and/or TSC-SCD kissing and making up and helping each other be better fansites or whatever. I want neither. SCD is no longer a site of any relevance to us. It used to be about competition, but their competition forums are mostly dead now; it's shifted to fangames and radio and whatnot. Most of SCD's members don't even really know what TSC is. The only reason for TSC and SCD to have any kind of contact is history that no longer is of any particular import.

edit2: and before somebody takes that the wrong way and flips out over it, I am referring to some kind of large-scale official TSC-SCD comingling or administrative cooperation or whatever constitutes Site Contact. I have no issue with individual members visiting both sites. It's the Internet, not some kind of homeland.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 09:40:56 am by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 11:20:15 am »
Well said Rolken.  Now can we please leave this ridiculous conspiracy theory be and talk about the important things, like how the US government were behing 9/11?

*shot*
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 08:19:17 pm »
Man, the internet is so stupid.

Print

Hits: 164 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.16 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.