don't click here

Not bad, huh?

Print

Author Topic: Not bad, huh?  (Read 4810 times)

Offline P.P.A.

Not bad, huh?
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:40:28 am »
http://www.bosser-jerome.com/index_en.php

A French guy making a Sonic 3D game. It looks amazing!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

Re: Not bad, huh?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:17:01 am »
There actually has been a thread about this in TSC before. But the game has been updated since then, so good call! =P

http://www.bosser-jerome.com/sonic_the_hedgehog_gl_sonic_gl_3d_game_opengl_en.php

I'm downloading the clip of it atm.

edit: It looks pretty good. Although...  there's something about it... I can't quite put my finger on it. Something about the camera/controls. It's almost seems as if it uses tank controls, I could say. But eh, it's probably just me. OH WAIT, it's there. In the badnik scene, Sonic walks backwards. WALKS BACKWARDS. What the hell is that.

Anyway, how good it is depends on a more finished product. I look forward to it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 09:33:36 am by eggFL »

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 09:58:26 am »
Oops, I didn't know that.

I think I read something about "different control systems" (than Sonic Team's) somewhere on the page. Walking backwards, huh? ... The controls in the latest Sonic games were far too sensitive, so this might be not that bad... Maybe the game is going to be better than some of the "real" Sonic games! XD
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:20:52 pm »
See I have a sliight doubt about that because this person who's making it writes that he feels that Sonic Team did not do a good job bringing Sonic to 3D, and that it may even be impossible to make Sonic work in 3D, but that he will try his best anyway. And here we have Sonic seen walking backwards, which is... o_O

"I'm nothing to say this but I think that Sonic Team have not completely succeed to manage the evolution from 2D to 3D. In fact the Sonic gameplay is hardly convertible to 3D. But I'll try another way to do it. ( = more freedome, more movements, another kind of control, more speeeed )."

Anyway I reckon he has attempted to retain the sense of momentum from the 2D games. He probably succeeded, too! For whatever it's worth.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:54:56 pm »
I watched the clip and am both impressed and disheartened.

Ill post why when I get home
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 01:17:08 pm »
Sonic Team could definitely use some ideas from him.

It's kinda sad that it looks like the controls will ultimately suck like every 3D Sonic fan game though.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 10:54:24 pm »
It looks great. Very professional. I've only seen screenshots so far, though.
Still, it looks great. Maybe I should ask him how to make a stupid seamless Sonic head. :P
(Or I can just keep trying. I should be able to get it eventually. Even the pros can do it, so it can't be too hard.)
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Print

Hits: 156 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.