don't click here

Sonic Heroes - Mystic Mansion 'Fake Wall'

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Heroes - Mystic Mansion 'Fake Wall'  (Read 11714 times)

Offline Tha CGS

Sonic Heroes - Mystic Mansion 'Fake Wall'
« on: January 29, 2007, 01:43:17 pm »
Hi everyone.

As you most likely will know, I'm an avid player in the Sonic Heroes division here at TSC. My latest task with the game was completing a Ring Attack with Team Chaotix in the Mystic Mansion. Now, I remember reading in a thread in the 'Leaderboard Disputes' forum describing a 'fake wall' of some kind that Chaotix could go through to reach the other teams' first bob-sled, which for Chaotix is normally locked off. So, I spent a good hour across multiple runs at the level trying to carry out this, but with coming up short on a successful result. I've tried using all three formations against the section of wall described in that thread (the back-right section of where the air current keeps you from falling to the bob-sled area), but with none of them could I get through the wall. I then tried any location on the wall, just to see if my interpretation of 'back-right' was incorrect, but it just led to the same result Xp I also looked at the same section with other teams, since it was described to be easier to get through with teams other than Chaotix, but you can guess what the outcome was there...

So, what I was wondering was: could someone explain how exactly to pass through this 'fake wall' (such as the formation, and what to do in that formation to get through)? ...I know I may be asking for something that I shouldn't, since this is requesting for a technique that could potentially take a record from someone, so I understand if you tell me off and lock this ^^;; But it would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain this to me otherwise. If it is any help to your explanation, I'm using the X-Box version of Sonic Heroes (on my X-Box 360).

Thanks much in advance!
Best Emerald Challenge Awards:

==============================
Complete Emerald/Trophy Collection:
Chaos Emeralds - Complete! | Super Emeralds - 7/8 | Sol Emeralds  - Complete! | Master Emeralds - 3/8
Badnik Trophies - 7/8 | Cough Drops - 5/9 | Mural Trophies, Emeralds & More - Complete!

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Sonic Heroes - Mystic Mansion 'Fake Wall'
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:31:38 pm »
You're probably going against the wrong section of the wall.  Did you try every corner of it?  If I need to, I'll vid it.

Offline Tha CGS

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:13:50 am »
When I first tried, I mainly focused on the wall faces rather than the corners. A bit of a mistake there, it seems ^^;; But even now, with putting the focus on the corners, I still can't seem to do it. I've tried just pushing against them while floating on the current, and flying into them with Charmy, but neither works to get through.

If you could make a vid of it, I would be very greatful. If there's any hints you want in return for this, I'll be happy to explain them.

Chaos Emeralds - Complete! | Super Emeralds - 7/8 | Sol Emeralds  - Complete! | Master Emeralds - 3/8
Badnik Trophies - 7/8 | Cough Drops - 5/9 | Mural Trophies, Emeralds & More - Complete!

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:50:34 pm »
I don't know how to explain it, besides what I said in the other thread. I'll try a picture I made,
although I don't know how helpful it can be. If you still can't get through the wall,
get Groudon to make a video, so you can be 100% sure that you were doing it wrong (or right).

I used Speed formation, by the way, and I found it really easy. I used GameCube.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline Tha CGS

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:43:28 pm »
Hmm... OKs, I'll give it another try with the Speed formation. I have been putting more emphasis on Flight rather than Speed when trying this, as I was seemingly getting closer to the wall in that formation. Thanks for the info and pic :) I'll report back on how it goes soon.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 02:02:21 pm »
I did it with Charmy >_>

just had to go higher than I do with other teams because of the wind
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 02:34:01 pm »
I always use Charmy.

Offline Tha CGS

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 02:50:19 pm »
*sigh...* Nope, it's no use. No matter what I do, I just can't do it. Tried it with Espio, and nothing happened. Went back to using Charmy, and still no success... So... either I'm an idiot and missing something blatantly obvious in the technique to get through, or this is something that was fixed either when the game was ported to the X-Box or when it was re-released as an 'X-Box Classics' title (that's the version I have)... If it does come down to the latter, there's not much that can really be done, since version differences are something that just has to be accepted here. As much as the X-Box version probably doesn't have any advantages over the GC...

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 02:23:20 am »
can you go through it with any other team?  if not then yeah...DISADVANTAGE!
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 08:48:04 pm »
Should I make a video? I already plan to do some recording of Sonic Riders (the cutscenes,
not best times), so I already have an excuse to set up the little TV and everything.

I should definitely try out the glitch to make sure I've described it right, at least.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 12:24:38 pm »
Should I make a video? I already plan to do some recording of Sonic Riders (the cutscenes,
not best times), so I already have an excuse to set up the little TV and everything.

I should definitely try out the glitch to make sure I've described it right, at least.

Yeah you should cause I know absolutely nothing about this wall. And why bother with the cutscenes. They're all over the place...
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 07:25:43 pm »
Okay, video here:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 10:04:49 pm by Marth »

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 10:07:32 pm »
So that's where it is. That would certainly help with getting more rings. I'll have to try :)

Offline Tha CGS

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 11:33:39 am »
Sorry for the lack of acknowledgement of the posting of the video, and I also apologize if this is classified as thread necormacy. I forgot about this from where I've been putting attention towards '06 instead of Heroes, for some variation on what I was playing XP And to finally complete the game, after I've owned it for 3+ months and hadn't passed even Sonic's story...

Anywhos... after watching the video and carrying out more tests, I have deduced that the 'fake wall' does not exist in the X-Box version, or at least the 'X-Box Classics' re-release. I've tried pushing against all areas of the segment of the wall shown in the video, and I have had no success in getting through. I also tried it with Team Sonic again, and I couldn't get them through either ;_; Meh... definitely a version difference, but oh wells... nothing can be done about that, since differences aren't accounted for. Still, thanks for providing the video anyways Marth. Hopefully it helped others out where it wasn't able to for me.

...Though, I can report, as much as the wall may not exist... I have got through to the section the wall leads to. How? Simple. Thanks to James Bertoli's findings with Power Plant, and how the trick with gaining another flight guage mid-flight and boosting up is also used in other places (e.g. Chaotix getting into turtle area in Ocean Palace, and Rose going further in Final Fortress), I tried that in the corners of the walls. At first, I tried on the right side, but didn't get anywhere. However, when I tried it on the left, I gained another flight guage mid-flight. This on its own wasn't enough to help, but very shortly after gaining the first one, I gained another, and was pushed above the ceiling. From there, I just headed forwards until I ran out of flight guage, and dropped in front of the cloaked robot. Guess it shows that almost anything can be overcome using flight XD;; Walls and ceilings are no match for the flight characters! *ahem...*
So, if anyone else is having trouble with using the 'fake wall', give this method a try instead ;) I don't think the specific corner mattered towards the success directly, as normally you don't get an extra flight guage each time, so try any of the corners until you succeed.

And just to prove I've done it, here's a picture I took, with the cloaked robot behind Chaotix:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1769/chaotixinareaafterwallvm4.jpg
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:51:30 am by CG Soldier »

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 09:10:40 pm »
You're welcome. :)

And yeah, when I tried it before making the video, it was even easier than I remembered.
It's like those panels of the wall just aren't there. There's a back wall, and there are side walls,
but the diagonal-like walls are completely fake. Another XBox player will have to check it out to see
which versions have the glitch. (Also, PS2, since it came out at the same time as the XBox version, didn't it?)
Is there a way to find the version number on the disc, like with GameCube? That'd make it easier.

Random claiming of a glitch: At the end of Chaotix's Egg Fleet, go past the goal ring and try climbing
the wall by flying and using Thunder Shoot. You can climb over and get stuck in the conveyor belt place.
I don't think this is good for anything, though.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 09:34:25 pm »
If we are random glitches (or tricks not meant to be) then I have found a few in Seaside Hill Rose when search :P

- You can fly on top of the platforms where the 8th chao is for chaotix. Hop and run into the large slope of the mountain thing with a waterfall. Fly and you should make it up there.
- Before the bobsled, hit the dash panel and hold B. Hop at the very corner of the slope and try to get past the ceiling barrier and you'll be able to get outside the walls (and die :P).
- Normally, there is a wall keeping you from going back from the cannon in the large area. You can fly to the turning point because the wall only straight forward but doesn't turn.

I think I should start a Sonic Heroes glitch site...

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 09:39:11 pm »
- Before the bobsled, hit the dash panel and hold B. Hop at the very corner of the slope and try to get past the ceiling barrier and you'll be able to get outside the walls (and die :P).

Hmm... with that, if you can go past the barrier, you can, in turn, bypass the trigger to get everyone on the bobsled.  With this, 0 points might be possible.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 09:54:07 pm »
I'll have to try. I found out that 0 points wasn't possible on OP because the doors give you 20 points for opening them >_> That makes 80 points as the lowest. I'm actually considering a SH glitch page like Marth's SA1 Glitch page.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 10:57:11 pm »
Go for it, whether you have a lot of glitches or not. (You probably do.)

I put the few I discovered into a guide of glitches for random games. It's on my site,
but I don't think the Sonic Heroes stuff is on there. I'll have to get that updated.

Offline Cream147

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 06:36:12 am »
There are so many glitches on SH, it would be worth making a page of them. There are so many glitches in it. I don't TA on it, I just get too frustrated.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 06:38:30 am »
Of course.  The occasional fall-through-the-ground and a few other minor things is a lot of glitches.  You want a lot of glitches?  Go play SA1/SADX.

Print

Hits: 221 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.17 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.