don't click here

I call BS on some of maggot's Sonic CD ring stats.

Print

Author Topic: I call BS on some of maggot's Sonic CD ring stats.  (Read 3984 times)

Offline P.P.A.

I call BS on some of maggot's Sonic CD ring stats.
« on: May 28, 2007, 12:50:36 pm »
Some of maggot's ring stats seem a bit unlikely to me. Especially Stardust Speedway Zone 2 and Zone 1 as well as some other ones, like Palmtree Panic Zone 2, Collision Chaos Zone 1...
I assume that he used time warp to get some of these stats, which is not accepted and used by the other competitors did not as sated in this thread. (Rule add plz)
The fact that he is the leader in every ring stat makes it even more suspicious.

Thorn EDIT: Seeing as I made the old thread, I'm gonna directly edit this instead of posting another message.
It's not just that PP2 and SS2 are unlikely, it's that without rings in the walls, they're impossible as can be viewed with Debug. The goal here isn't "zomg I want dos stats removed", it's "can we please get a rule down in one direction or the other?"
Also note that the person who voted Yes in the old thread wanted to change his vote, but never did.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 01:04:07 pm by Thorn »
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
Re: I call BS on some of maggot's Sonic CD ring stats.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:26:58 pm »
Sorry I'm late to explain this, I was gone for a while...
Do you know the glitch used to obtain the fastest time in CC1? With the speed boot on, you can pass through some walls as well. I used that to get unrechable rings (most of them inside walls) on PP2.

As for the other levels, keep trying, cause I found some secret spots to caught that much rings. I'm pretty sure I didn't catch all rings in SS1, but I really don't like this level and my actual run is good enough for me. What I can assure here is that I didn't use time warp or any other feature in those runs. If you want a more detailed explanation for each level, I can give it, no problem at all.
you can run, but not fast enough...

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 07:33:12 am »
Sorry for the response taking so long. >_>,
I can't use the wall glitch since I only have the Gamecube version, but I'll try to get a Mega CD soon.
As for Stardust, I was a bit irritated that you managed to double the rings of Thorn and me. I belive you though, and will look further into it.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 06:01:59 pm »
Prepare yourself, SS is a real pain in the ass...

Nice avatar btw.
you can run, but not fast enough...

Print

Hits: 200 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 994.35 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.