don't click here

bertin's STT times

Print

Author Topic: bertin's STT times  (Read 81639 times)

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
Re: bertin's STT times
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2007, 06:40:23 am »
no the ring and scores are real. only the times were fake. and douglas stay outta this.
Stay out?  Why, because I'm talking sense?

You submitted multiple fake stats, and you only took them down because you got caught.  You've also not apologised, just been aggressive.  This means you are not trustworthy.  I call BANHAMMER.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2007, 06:42:08 am »
I second the notion.

Its also the second times hes been caught doing this. Some people never change I guess.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • ^ sonicandamy-your lovable sonic rush boss leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2007, 10:31:01 am »
guys... calm down, he's one of those people that gets mad when you start calling things he "really" did (cause I did see these and you guys have chat log of it) he could even get a sample scorce of one of his levels and I could take a pic if ya want it wouldnt take but a couple of mins and i think if it's to not get him banned he'll probubly do it? besides, this how thing started because of ours sites crapy rules. he started doing the TAing before the "you cant restart your time in midlevel rule was up" i remember because I was in the chat while someone said "modifies  rules" and then after all his work you guys change the rules and try to take them all away? im sure he was probubly pissed after you guys came up to him with this amiright? this was all just a simple  complex mistake, but an accident that should be looked over.  and to prove he's not just a flat out lier look up when that rule went up, proving that he really did not want to lie and look when his last TA time went up. I think he stoped TAing when the new rule came up.

SUMMARY:I think he didn't want to lie but didn't want to lose all his times he worked a long time to get. I CALL "GUYS YOU REALLY NEED TO LOOK OVER THE FACTS MORE CAREFULY before the whole lolban crap"

EDIT: bertin is still talking it just he's pming rolken cuz he's tired of talking to you guys.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 10:38:48 am by sonicandamy »
Megabyte-sized sigs can get off the internet.
-Rolken

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 11:07:18 am »
He's not been helpful.  If there was a rules issue he should have said that.  I said he shouldn't be banned if it was justified.  I've fallen foul of rules I wasn't aware of too.  However, I corrected my mistake, apologised and provided some proof of revised times without being asked.  See the difference?

I don't think it's unreasonable to say he should be banned when his post explicitly states "only the times were fake".  That wording implies cheating.  Moreover, I stand by the fact that he only took them down when pressed hard and the lack of an apology does not help his case.

Anyway, this isn't helping.  S&A, sticking up for a friend is all very well but this is his problem now.  I think it'd help this get resolved if you let him make his excuses instead of doing it for him.

This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2007, 11:20:16 am »
he started doing the TAing before the "you cant restart your time in midlevel rule was up"

oh sure, that explains why after the first time we caught him doing it, and warned him about it, he did it again.

Great logic there kiddo

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2007, 11:33:05 am »
I think it'd help this get resolved if you let him make his excuses instead of doing it for him.

I could, but I know how you guys play this bs game, and it's pretty dirty from old topic's ive seen. and if i just left this alone, and knowing his attitude towards this he might already of been banned, so im not just an excuss im more of a ... friendly translater.  he reset all his time's, and thats his apology (some people apologize in different ways) and. now everything is fixed and it's just being way past drawn out by you. when im 99.99% sure he will never do this again. we have nothing else to worry about. but hay, this is a public chat we can keep on talking about this if you want.
-Rolken

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2007, 11:37:10 am »
he started doing the TAing before the "you cant restart your time in midlevel rule was up"

oh sure, that explains why after the first time we caught him doing it, and warned him about it, he did it again.

do you have proof of this?(chat log and a submission date) I said I think but im pretty sure he didn't.

-Rolken

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2007, 11:42:39 am »
Sorry, removing times when backed into a corner does not constitute an apology, nor does it constitute any sort of proof he won't do it again.  As I've said, I've fallen foul of the rules myself, and this didn't happen.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2007, 11:45:54 am »
he could of just gave you a list and made you remove all his times, but no he saw his error and reset them himself.

EDIT: o ya, not to mention the times were his first submissions, after that they were all honest rings and score records.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 11:52:54 am by sonicandamy »
-Rolken

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2007, 11:53:40 am »
The onus is on him to keep his stats legit, not anyone else, and he only changed them after a rather large amount of pressure.  Would he have changed them himself without it?  Doubtful.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2007, 11:59:43 am »
I seems doubtful but, he had every intention to making this right when he got back. it just seems like he got alot of pressure because he was gone. and then after 2 weeks when he finally came back this topic already flared up into a whole big mess. but he changed his times as soon as he got to my house.
-Rolken

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2007, 12:09:27 pm »
He was made aware of the issue while still here, and failed to deal with it (check the early part of the thread).  Only when pressured was it dealt with.  Moreover, he had two accounts (against the rules) and he left for two weeks *just after* posting a bunch of crap in this thread?  Give me a break.  There's more than enough grounds to ban both of you for this nonsense, and there's still no semblance of an apology from either him or you for the attempted derailing of the BS call with pointless stuff about other people's stats or post counts.

Also get rid of the gifs.  Seriously.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2007, 12:16:09 pm »
If I could be arsed, Id look through the chat logs I have to find the first time he was called up about resetting the timer at checkpoints.

As it stands, many well repected members of the community were present at the time and remember it. mike and eredani being the first two people I think of.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2007, 12:22:46 pm »
well can they please provide the evidence, I still stand by my client as not guilty "phoniex wright- OBJECTION!" but, maybe the main reason that you cant find a log is that he didn't?
-Rolken

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2007, 12:39:09 pm »

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2007, 12:47:57 pm »
ok i see you guys are still at it... look if you want to flame me fine it wont make ur **** any bigger!

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2007, 12:54:31 pm »
Having a "bad temper" really isn't a good enough excuse. Being at The Sonic Center is a privilege. If you aren't able to uphold to our regulations, then you don't deserve to be here. It's not just the bullshit times, it's the attitude of the member in question. I understand that you may be his "better half", S&A, but we need to hear from him as opposed to from you, and what we hear from him is nothing but "gtfo and leave me alone". He's not rectifying the situation, just making it so much worse. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of assholes here (my lips are sealed. X)) but one way or another, they are either trustworthy or don't put on tantrums like this (Eh....).

S&A, I can completely relate to you however. I've brought my best friend to The Sonic Center and he was accused of cheating and ultimately quit. He didn't make the right decisions to fight against TSC, it was mostly out of anger, so I wholeheartedly understand. He's your best friend and you'd do anything for him, as I would have for goalie. He's gotten over it, as have I (would have pwned if he stayed and competed with a best friend) but that's out the window. Unfortunately, I didn't know much about Sonic Advance 2, nor do I now, and I've never seen him play so I can't say a thing on that factor, but it appears you are able to provide proof for bertin. That's a good thing.

Long story short:

1. Get rid of the gifs from your sig, now, it's very annoying and distracting.
2. Don't be a messenger, we need to hear from bertin, if he cares enough for his account, he'll resolve his problems with his anger and come. If not, why should we trust him again if he doesn't put the effort.
3. Pic proof might not be enough for Sonic Triple Trouble as the checks are a big problem, even with scores. He can restart the level from a checkpoint and his time bonus will be substantial. That's another reason why he's scores might have to go.
4. I commend you for standing by your friend, but when your friend is wrong, you have to understand that it's affecting other people in the process. I wish I could have done more for goalie, but there was virtually nothing I could do... Just think about that S&A.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline eredani

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2007, 12:57:07 pm »
bertin have lied to us several times about his stats, and when I rightfully asked him for proof as he had claimed impossible times, both of you started throwing immature insults to members instead of just giving us some damn proof. This topic is only supposed to be about bertin and the stats he have submitted, so I suggest that you all stop posting crap and get back on the topic at hand.

When I asked bertin about his dubious times in the chat, he lied and told to me that he didn't have anymore times that used checkpoints; contradicting what he have said in this topic. bertin have been constantly refusing to co-operate with anyone who have talked to him about his times, and I can easily pull out logs to prove this if made necessery.

I seems doubtful but, he had every intention to making this right when he got back. it just seems like he got alot of pressure because he was gone. and then after 2 weeks when he finally came back this topic already flared up into a whole big mess. but he changed his times as soon as he got to my house.

The main reason bertin got pressured is because you kept defending him without anything that resembles good reasoning, you have posted a lot of crap in this topic which only serve to make the situation worse for him, it wouldn't go this far if you two didn't fuel the fire. I mean you claim that you know nothing about STT and bertin's times in that game, so why did you feel the need to defend him in a matter you aren't familiar with? And why didn't he admit to cheating and correct his times in the first place?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 01:02:21 pm by eredani »

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2007, 01:01:27 pm »
The main reason bertin got pressured is because you kept defending him without anything that resembles good reasoning, you have posted a lot of crap in this topic which only serve to make the situation worse for him, it wouldn't go this far if you two didn't fuel the fire. I mean you claim that you know nothing about STT and bertin's times in that game, so why did you feel the need to defend him in a matter you aren't familiar with? And why didn't he admit to cheating and correct his times in the first place?

He's defending him because they are best friends. That's good enough reason as any as what I did with goalie, but like I already said, there's a fine line as to what you can do.

Offline eredani

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2007, 01:07:28 pm »
He's defending him because they are best friends. That's good enough reason as any as what I did with goalie, but like I already said, there's a fine line as to what you can do.

Yes, I realise this after reading your post. But the way in which he's defending him by going off-topic and insulting other members isn't really acceptable.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2007, 01:11:32 pm »
that was irrelevant. anyway sonicam im not lying about scores i dont see anyway they would help.... hows this... i make a gay movie and you watch it. or better yet rol... no someone else will watch it.

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2007, 01:19:09 pm »

Yes, I realise this after reading your post. But the way in which he's defending him by going off-topic and insulting other members isn't really acceptable.

Yes, I agree, it's unacceptable.

bertin: Show the vid to me or someone else.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2007, 01:29:30 pm »
i dont have it now but ill make it.

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2007, 01:31:23 pm »
Ok, do so as soon as possible.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2007, 02:24:01 pm »
ok, i have his video, stoping talking about me, and give me a link to upload this video (not youtube my account there is going gay for some odd reason)
-Rolken

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2007, 03:56:44 pm »
-Rolken

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2007, 04:17:44 pm »
29800 on GT1.  Seems to indicate that the scores are legit (or at least possible).

I still call fake times + multiple accounts + abusive/uncooperative behaviour = temp ban at least.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2007, 03:31:25 am »
Sigs nuked and bertin banned and his stats destroyed. Cherry-picking false stats is not a malaise I care to get into.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2007, 10:49:58 am »
didn't see that coming
-Rolken

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2007, 11:27:29 am »
dam ive done spilt my drink!

Print

Hits: 792 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.20 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.