don't click here

My thoughts on an Amy spin off game.

Print

Author Topic: My thoughts on an Amy spin off game.  (Read 4051 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
My thoughts on an Amy spin off game.
« on: December 21, 2006, 04:47:32 pm »
Since I briefly mentioned it in one of the welcome threads, I'll post a basic summary of it here.
-Game type: 2D platformer.
-Difficulty: In line with the whole Sonic/Mega Man fusion, the ideal difficulty would be as tough as the Mega Man Zero series.
-Gameplay: As more enemies are defeated, the hammer gains experience. With each level up, Amy learns new attacks such as 3 hit combos , a hammer assisted spin dash, an anti-air rising attack (up+attack while on ground, can be done while running), a bounce ball like attack (down+ attack while air borne), and a boomerang like hammer toss (down +attack while on ground and stationary. Scattered across the levels are upgrades that unlock new abilties such as the light dash (mapped to its own button) and wall jump. (Bring the cool stuff from 3D games into a 2D one). With proper timing, it becomes possible to string together advanced combos using your attacks. (aerial strike--> three hit ground combo--> rising smash --> bounce ball for example)
Of course to please more people, you would be able to play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles,and Shadow in their own side stories.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLk_FURQJg
This link provides gameplay footage of the Zero inspired combat. (A Mega Man title can move pretty fast if you know what you're doing.) Imagine this fused with Sonic style speed and that describes my idea in a nut shell.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline stanski

Re: My thoughts on an Amy spin off game.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:34:59 pm »
What system? I would love to see a 2d sonic on a real console for once, but i don't think its going to happen. When will people learn that graphics =/= entertainment?

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 03:40:16 pm »
She could have an AI partner in Cream that she can do tag-moves with ^_^.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • ^ sonicandamy-your lovable sonic rush boss leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 06:50:00 pm »
the partner part is cool, the cream is sadly not though.
Megabyte-sized sigs can get off the internet.
-Rolken

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 08:13:49 pm »
I say Cream mostly because Cream is her best friend and was also her roommate for a while for unknown reasons in Sonic Battle (I'm guessing Vanilla just wanted a break).

Print

Hits: 64 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1011.35 KB | Time: 0.22s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.