don't click here

Hmm...I wonder....[SA2(B) related]

Print

Author Topic: Hmm...I wonder....[SA2(B) related]  (Read 6403 times)

Offline Ring Rush

Hmm...I wonder....[SA2(B) related]
« on: December 11, 2006, 12:04:28 am »
What levels are possible to do WITHOUT pressing the A button? I only had time to figure out 2: City Escape 1 and Green Forest 1.

1. For a challenge that can be anywhere from insanely hard to fairly easy, try beating those 2 levels without pressing the A button. Just a note that City Escape is a TON easier than Green Forest.

2. What other levels can you get through without pressing A? I can see a lot of Knuckles/Rouge levels being possible, but I don't want to test due to their randomness.

3. For any levels that require A, a challenge is to find the very minimum ammount of times required to press A.

These challenges work in Mission 1 and Mission 5. Consider those 2 seperate levels. For an added difficulty, see if you can A rank under these restrictions (if it is even possible!)
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Hmm...I wonder....[SA2(B) related]
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:18:19 am »
RPG devised a challenge a while ago along similar lines: You have to play "original style" (ie. run and jump - not even a spindash!)

Green Hill and GF1 were the only levels possible under this condition, I think.

<3 Thorn.

Offline X-5

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 04:50:48 am »
This could actually be pretty fun, especiually on the more complicated levels.

Add City Escape-5 to the list of levels with 0 A presses/jumps, it just takes a little bit of thinking which makes it fun to attempt. I only got a D though, not sure on the possibility of an A rank happening.

Metal harbor was done pressing A 4 times, i'm fairly sure it can't go lower than that.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 05:22:45 am by Paragod »

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 08:01:00 am »
City Escape has cars, and spindashing doesn't require the A button.  If you can complete the level, A is possible.

I wonder if the board in Metal Harbor (DC only) would be able to lower the A count there to 3 (possibly only in hard mode?)

All of the hunting stages are possible, except maybe Pumpkin Hill, pursuant to whether A button on a previous life (necessary to set up the rising start) counts toward the total.  Other hunting activities don't work, mainly because you can't climb a wall without hitting A.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 11:58:17 am »
I'd participate if this goes official into a challenge.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 12:01:12 pm »
^What exactly do I have to do to make it official?

And metal harbor MAY be possible with only 2 jumps. It is possible to climb the first tower by bouncing on the very small ledges, and I'm pretty sure you can get a bounce ball going into there.

I am not sure if you can climb the whole tower that way, but I made it about halfway up. If you can get a bounce at the end of this tower, I'm guessing tower 2 can be completed the same way.
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 12:08:49 pm »
I mean like just created the challenge either here or delete this topic and start a new one (whatever suits you).

What I mean is determine the stages we'd challenge each other on, determine the rules and that's it, pretty much. Oh and you can make charts if you want to compare everyone's best times and I can help there but it's not necessary.
Wiiloveit

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 12:17:03 pm »
PC2 can likely be done with 1, probably even A-able. (It'd be a bitch to get that first 20-capsule though, but IIRC RPG said it's possible to spindash into the yellow light thingy and zing right into the capsule. So it's just a matter of practice.) If I knew a way to jump over the hourglass without actually jumping, it could go 0. Maybe I'll try something out tomorrow when I think I'll have time.

But that's an M2, so who cares?

White Jungle 1 could also likely be done. Definitely not A-able though, I don't think. Not enough stuff on the ground. I'll give it a shot later on. I don't think it's possible on 5 because of the end.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline X-5

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 01:54:28 pm »
Is the light attack allowed? I forgot about it when I did metal harbor, it's possible in 2 with the light attack, so either everyone else forgot it as well or it's not to be used. (Just charge up and attack the enemies in the spots where you would otherwise have to make a jump and it will kill them as well as putting you on the next platform)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 02:40:50 pm »
I don't think so, personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was allowed nor would I mind that much but in some levels, it wouldn't be advised.
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 02:48:59 pm »
He didnt mention anything about using buttons other than A, so go ahead and use it
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 06:03:16 pm »
Light Attack is not using A, so it is allowed. I don't think Green Forest 1 is possible without it. You need it to make a jump you can't make in the spring area.

And I want this topic to go on a bit before I make it official, just to see where it goes.

And one more question: Does anyone want this extended to Missions 2 and 3?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 06:29:47 pm »
I'd say Mission 3. Mission 2 maybe but it's not as fun I guess.
Wiiloveit

Print

Hits: 164 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.