don't click here

Group Playthrough

Print

Author Topic: Group Playthrough  (Read 24116 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Re: Group Playthrough
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 09:43:47 pm »
I'll be busy all day Saturday and until Sunday evening.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 02:24:20 pm »
Well it doesn't matter much magnum since your turn isn't until later on the list.

So I finally patched together a decent run with (minimal, no) interruptions. It's not very good (I only get one no hit bonus in the first level), but it does get all the lives and continues up to that point. I also decided to leave Cherry with Eyeclops instead of Maniaxe because Maniaxe is in 2 of the next 3 levels. And Eyeclops is better for begginers anyways, with being able to learn level design without trial and error. So here is the relevant information:

Form:Eyeclops
Lives:7
Continues:6

Enjoy the attached video. Click here for the savestate.

Note for Cherry: Eyeclops' default move with the action button reveals hidden blocks. An attack can be used by pressing Start and A at the same time which damages enemies. This uses up 5 diamonds at a time, so only use it when you have to.

And don't rush through Under Skull Mountain I. There are, I believe, 2 continues and 2 extra lives. Not that you have to get them all, but it's a good idea to use the action button to look for hidden blocks. Yeah.

Also, I propose that, to give everyone more playing time, we create savestates before all (relevant) warps and divide the group in 2, each group working on completing one path. If another important warp was encountered, the same thing would continue, until 1 person was working on a single path. When the paths combine at...Ice God's Vengeance (Is that right Thorn?), then we'll pick the file with the best life/continue total. And when the game is beaten, we'll have some kind of crazy video. If we were to do this, we'd have to tell the next player if there are any warps that mater in their section.

Of course, since some paths would combine eventually, we'd impliment this on a smaller scale as well, with the teams joining up.

Cherry, there is a warp that matters in your section. Specifically, in Under Skull Mountain II. But if we aren't doing this, then don't take it because the path we're currently on is, long term, easier.

Edit: well, not really an edit but a revised addition to this post. If someone could link to an unzipped version of the gens movie file, Psy should be able to download it (with a few minor edits to the source).

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 05:45:13 am »
I quickly whipped up a completion of Under Skull Mountain 1 to set up a possible both-directions play. If we're going that way I'll put what I have up and continue on one path myself, if not I'll just take the easy path and submit after a couple more levels.

<3 Thorn.

Offline PsyMar

• Really going to play Sonic again. Someday.
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 08:45:07 pm »
If you need more players, I'll be willing to give it a try, especially if my turn doesn't come until early december (I'll be done with classes by then hopefully)
Let me tell you something about the human race. You put a mysterious blue box slap-bang in the middle of town, whadda you do? Walk past it.

"When you're going through hell, keep going." -- Winston Churchill

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 01:23:48 am »
if I can still join, I can now.  Just need to figure out some thing with gens first.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 09:35:56 pm »
It's been a while since we made any progress.  I'm wondering if, since yse is the only one that's shown he's played the game lately, we can have him do USM1-3 and IotLL, and I'll pick up where I was oging to, and we can get this sucker moving again.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 01:11:18 am »
Unforgivable thread necromancy ahead! Metaphorically crucify as you see fit, in spite of the fact that this forum is seeing almost no traffic and gets new posts at a snail's pace.

I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to attempt another group playthrough. Last time we got so bogged down with perfecting everything that it went nowhere. Should we attempt this again, we would pick a relatively obscure game of quality that has not been played to death by more than one participant.

SJ suggested a game called "Aero the Acrobat", which I'll look into later. Feel free to propose your own ideas for which game should be played.

But before we go much further, we'll need a general idea of who would be interested, and if it's worth bringing this concept back to life. Post if you are so inclined to join in (read the first post for vague details).

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 03:53:20 am »
Unforgivable thread necromancy ahead! Metaphorically crucify as you see fit, in spite of the fact that this forum is seeing almost no traffic and gets new posts at a snail's pace.

I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to attempt another group playthrough. Last time we got so bogged down with perfecting everything that it went nowhere. Should we attempt this again, we would pick a relatively obscure game of quality that has not been played to death by more than one participant.

SJ suggested a game called "Aero the Acrobat", which I'll look into later. Feel free to propose your own ideas for which game should be played.

But before we go much further, we'll need a general idea of who would be interested, and if it's worth bringing this concept back to life. Post if you are so inclined to join in (read the first post for vague details).

It would be fine by me. 

PS: Isn 't that tournament in your sig dead >_>

Offline Alondite

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 12:12:43 am »
I vote Dragon Warrior Monsters, for it's sheer proness.  I'm curious to see what types of monsters people end up using.

Print

Hits: 767 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.07 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.