don't click here

Back In the Day...

Print

Author Topic: Back In the Day...  (Read 21879 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Back In the Day...
« on: October 04, 2006, 05:26:22 pm »
I'd thought I'd make a new topic dedicated to past games, specificallly, inquiring as to what games people (still) hope for a sequel to. I'm hoping for:

Riders 2 (I hope it'll be for the Wii! Hoping for Big, Blaze, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Billy Hatcher, all of whom I missed from the original! - except Blaze, didn't expect her to be in it. :D)
Adventure 3 (aren't we all?)
Shuffle 2 (that would rock if it were on Wii!)
Fighters 2 (would be better now since new characters were introduced since then)
Heroes 2 (new teams!)
EDIT: Also, Battle 2; thanks for the reminder guys. Would love to see a sequel also... with Emerl? Again, would be cool for Wii.

What do you guys have to say? Hoping for a sequel to some (possibly, old school) Sonic games? Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 06:18:54 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Back In the Day...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:08:19 pm »
Shadow the Hedgehog 2 plz. NAO.

(IM ARMED IF YOU COME AFTER ME I'LL SHOOT)
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 06:16:27 pm »
Screw that Riders 2 crap, Sonic R 2 ftw

Or better yet, Panzer Dragoon Saga 2, Burning Rangers 2 or Shining Force IV X)
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:57:34 pm »
Actually RPG, you're kinda right. I'd want a sequel to R as well. :P
Wiiloveit

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 10:02:15 pm »
Heroes 2 (new teams!)
Two words: Hell. No.

* Spinballwizard snipes PsyBorg down before he can notice him

Besides, Rush 2 would be more aweXome. Too bad it probably won't happen. :(
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 10:48:08 pm »
Fools, Riders is the sequel to Sonic R. The R is painted in red for a reason!

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 04:31:02 am »
Rush Twoooooooooooooooo.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 06:47:28 am »
Fools, Riders is the sequel to Sonic R. The R is painted in red for a reason!

Yeah but Riders is gay, R was way more fun.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 03:31:47 pm »
I'd probably say Rush 2 too if I played it.

^^ And to me, Riders was more fun than R. I didn't like R that much... probably partly due to the fact that it was easy to beat. Riders had much more to offer for me, but that's just my opinion.
Wiiloveit

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 10:15:01 pm »
R was gay because of dumbass tag and dumbass balloons.  Riders at least gave a damn...but they need courses next time...not roller coasters. 

if they do Heroes 2, make your damn partnets availible any damn time you need them and they should be able to get hurt and actually get left behind...most stupid thought anyone on ST could implement...Sonic should be that damn real and even if they were...crappy ass invisible walls and corners tear this game up.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 10:27:30 pm »
R was gay... 

Finally someone else who agrees with me!! :D

if they do Heroes 2, make your damn partnets availible any damn time you need them and they should be able to get hurt and actually get left behind...most stupid thought anyone on ST could implement...Sonic should be that damn real and even if they were...crappy ass invisible walls and corners tear this game up.

Lol. Brings back memories of me trying to make records... :P They should address that, though.
Wiiloveit

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 10:29:54 pm »
R was gay because of dumbass tag and dumbass balloons.

Those are the only things I have agianst Sonic R.  Tag seems easer IMO before you unlock Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, etc.  And balloon is too random.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 06:18:35 am »
Balloon on the Saturn version has a fixed location for each balloon, eliminating randomness.

And what'ce y'all got against Tag mode anyway, its not even difficult :/

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 06:28:10 am »
you sniped onos. but unfortunately it was in my leg, which is made of metal if you don't already know.

* PsyBorg takes out lightning sniper and shoots SBW in the head

Anyway...

R wasn't a bad game, but yeah, balloons and tag suck.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 02:14:51 pm »
Ew, modern games. Ew, debate on modern games. Ew, pejorative exclamations designed to spark debate. Ignore all four of these sentences.

Vectorman 3 (Vectorman 2 was crap, so maybe not this one)
Rush 2...wait, everyone else is saying the same thing, I have to be different so...
Advance 5 (are you all convinced?)
Ristar 2 (goes without saying)
Mario Kart DS (I think a wii version has been indirectly confirmed)
Pikmin 3 (On Wii/DS, just imagine how intuitive it could be. Or how gimmicky.)
Metroid (Side scrolling style)
Super Smash Bros 3 (Now didn't you get a kick out of that?)

...On second thought, most sequels are just plain...bad, which taints the value of the original. Would I be alone if I didn't care if these games were actually made? If good games were to be left as good games and nothing more was done? I'd rather see a new intellectual property be created as opposed to a mediocre continuation.

But that doesn't mean that that continuation doesn't have its moments.

In other words, I am pro Rush and the like for as long as they keep me entertained.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 02:58:16 pm »
Please, not another Sonic R or Sonic Riders. Both of those games stunk. Riders had the worst controls of any racer I've ever played.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 03:53:44 pm »
Riders had the worst controls of any racer I've ever played.

So Im not the only person that hates the controls X)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 08:25:39 pm »
Make that two. :P It wasn't that bad for me, really. I mastered... well, let me correct myself now... I got the hang of it quickly. :P
Wiiloveit

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 10:16:49 pm »
Riders had better be good. I'm getting it for my birthday.

Sonic R is pretty good. Sure, it was way too easy, but time-attacking is kind of good
(excluding the semi-random tag and balloons), and beating all the slow characters is fun.

Heroes 2 shouldn't exist. I'd rather have Sonic Adventure 3.
It doesn't have to be bad (it would be good if those flaws mentioned by others in this thread
were fixed), but why even bother putting three characters at a time?
Besides, the two "messages" SH gives are dumb: 1. Teamwork is really, really important.
2. Only "Sonic Heroes" can be any good- If you're a stupid, weak human, then too bad.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 03:13:23 pm »
Marth, to me, Riders is a great game, but a lot of people found themselves disappointed. If you play with friends a lot as much as I do, this game is great. Even for single player, this game is pretty good. But, I should warn you of the controls, which seem to have a negative light in this game, so I've heard, but I found it easy to get used to, but that's just me.

It all depends on what you hope to get out of the game, I guess. What are you expecting from the game?
Wiiloveit

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 12:42:40 pm »
I don't know... I guess... a fun game with some unlockables (which I know it has) and good replay value.
Fast is good, but I already know nothing compares to F-Zero.
And new cutscenes with Sonic are kind of cool, but the messed-up voices will ruin them.
Can Japanese voices be used in this game? (I can't imagine this having so much talking
that some extra recordings can't be stuffed in.) At least that would make some characters
(Sonic and Knuckles, for example) sound like they did in Sonic Adventure (English).

I'm mostly playing single player (as usual). My brother will probably want to do multiplayer
if I don't like it (or if it's really dumb), and he won't want to if I like it and if it's fun.
(I don't know why, but it usually turns out like that. For example, he likes playing Sonic Heroes-
including the Ring Race, which relies completely on the timing of the Team Blast a few seconds from the end.
He doesn't like the F-Zero games, though.) I also have a friend who lives nearby and will
probably play for a little while, but it seems like he and my brother tend to just lose interest in
multiplayer games after playing them a few times.

About the controls, I tried the game out for a few seconds at a store, and they seemed kind of stiff.
I guess I'll have to read the manual and properly try out the controls (and play for a while)
before I can really say if the controls are good or bad.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 04:28:41 pm »
I don't know... I guess... a fun game with some unlockables (which I know it has) and good replay value.
Fast is good, but I already know nothing compares to F-Zero.
And new cutscenes with Sonic are kind of cool, but the messed-up voices will ruin them.
Can Japanese voices be used in this game? (I can't imagine this having so much talking
that some extra recordings can't be stuffed in.) At least that would make some characters
(Sonic and Knuckles, for example) sound like they did in Sonic Adventure (English).

I'm mostly playing single player (as usual). My brother will probably want to do multiplayer
if I don't like it (or if it's really dumb), and he won't want to if I like it and if it's fun.
(I don't know why, but it usually turns out like that. For example, he likes playing Sonic Heroes-
including the Ring Race, which relies completely on the timing of the Team Blast a few seconds from the end.
He doesn't like the F-Zero games, though.) I also have a friend who lives nearby and will
probably play for a little while, but it seems like he and my brother tend to just lose interest in
multiplayer games after playing them a few times.

About the controls, I tried the game out for a few seconds at a store, and they seemed kind of stiff.
I guess I'll have to read the manual and properly try out the controls (and play for a while)
before I can really say if the controls are good or bad.

Yes, it has quite a bit of unlockables, you're right. No JPN voices. There are language settings but it only applies to text. Personally, I don't look at voices in any Sonic game unless they're really bad and/or a noticable deterrent or annoyance.

The controls are had to talk about; I didn't have too much of a problem with them but a lot of others did. I'm sure osmeone can offer their input in that area...

There's quite a lot of replay value especially for multiplayer purposes. But, if it's ONLY single player (don't know if that'll be your general/predominant case), it can get kinda boring after you've unlocked everything, beaten the heck out of all of your already-good records (speaking from experience on that one; but not bored since I still have multiplayer :P), and tired of the game's "flaws" (whatever those are :P - lol). There are quite afew biased reviews out there on gaming sites so don't rely on their opinion to sway you whether to get or not. If I did, I wouldn't have got it... actually, that's not really true cause I was kind of excited about it from the beginning it was announced.

For multiplayer, you can do Free Race and Grand Prix (2ppl); Tag Mode (2-4); Survival - Race and Battle (both 2-4; I recommend Battle; excluding me, a lot of people I play with love it)

And I'm glad you can still play Heroes; out of all my family members, cousins, and/or friends, NO ONE will play multiplayer with me anymore. ROTFLOL. My favorite was Battle, personally, and Expert. They probably just got tired of me winning all the time - which is usually the case in most if not all the games I have with multiplayer ability. :P

Hope that helps a bit. If you ened any more info on the game as to whether or not you should get it, I can be of assistance, since Ive played the gamefro over 250 hours and counting :P. Just let me know.
Wiiloveit

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 07:01:16 pm »
Yes, it has quite a bit of unlockables, you're right. No JPN voices. There are language settings but it only applies to text. Personally, I don't look at voices in any Sonic game unless they're really bad and/or a noticable deterrent or annoyance.

The controls are had to talk about; I didn't have too much of a problem with them but a lot of others did. I'm sure osmeone can offer their input in that area...

There's quite a lot of replay value especially for multiplayer purposes. But, if it's ONLY single player (don't know if that'll be your general/predominant case), it can get kinda boring after you've unlocked everything, beaten the heck out of all of your already-good records (speaking from experience on that one; but not bored since I still have multiplayer :P), and tired of the game's "flaws" (whatever those are :P - lol). There are quite afew biased reviews out there on gaming sites so don't rely on their opinion to sway you whether to get or not. If I did, I wouldn't have got it... actually, that's not really true cause I was kind of excited about it from the beginning it was announced.

For multiplayer, you can do Free Race and Grand Prix (2ppl); Tag Mode (2-4); Survival - Race and Battle (both 2-4; I recommend Battle; excluding me, a lot of people I play with love it)

And I'm glad you can still play Heroes; out of all my family members, cousins, and/or friends, NO ONE will play multiplayer with me anymore. ROTFLOL. My favorite was Battle, personally, and Expert. They probably just got tired of me winning all the time - which is usually the case in most if not all the games I have with multiplayer ability. :P

Hope that helps a bit. If you ened any more info on the game as to whether or not you should get it, I can be of assistance, since Ive played the gamefro over 250 hours and counting :P. Just let me know.
1. Blah. What's their lame excuse this time? 2 hours of FMV? Or is it that the game is
really like 900 MB, and SEGA just did this to be annoying. This needs the Japanese option, not Sonic Adventure.
And yes, it is a big problem. I can't stand hearing the weird Sonic, girly Tails, and ancient Knuckles.
I might be crazy enough to actually make a CD with better voices and play that instead.
(If I'm not, I can talk as I play. Of course, I have to survive the game once before that.
But I need to work on consistency, especially with Tails's voice.)

2. That sounds good enough. I have too many games to play, anyway. When will I ever find time for SADX again? *sob*
And it was already bought... I don't know, I guess a little more than a week ago.
I could probably return it, but I won't. Besides, it helps complete my Sonic GCN collection.
Anyway, thanks for the info. :)

3. Yeah, but it's not as great as you think. Action Stages (mainly Action Race and Expert Race) are okay,
except there's a bit of randomness (not as bad as SA2... don't get me complaining about that),
and my brother sometimes complains about not knowing all the shortcuts.
(I've barely done any time-attacking, and he's done little if any, so he doesn't know the shortcuts
like he would in, say, SA. Rail Canyon is the one he really hates. Easy to remember... once you do it.)
I win too much in the bobsled one.
Battle is basically just button-mashing with a bad camera angle.
The Special Stage has graphics problems... if the pop-up is that bad on GCN, what's PS2 like?
And like I said, there's the Ring Race... that's like a bad joke. What were they thinking.

Offline DanielTheFalcon

• lolfalcon
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
  • lolihavelikenopiccuzimsokewl.
    • View Profile
    • Daniel The Falcon.com
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 03:01:21 pm »
Adventure 3 (aren't we all?)
Hell yeah. Sonic Next-gen does that though.
Fighters 2 (would be better now since new characters were introduced since then)
Yes, yes, yes! Or Battle 2. Both FTEP1337W*

*For Teh Extreme Pwning 1337 Win.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 05:46:12 pm »
Sonic Battle 2.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 08:48:32 pm »
Sonic Battle 2 would be a great idea if Sonic Team fixed some of the problems with the 1st game, such as the horrid balance, badly implemented super move system (one hit KOs should require a lot of effort to pull off), and better stage design. The first one was a decent attempt at putting Sonic in a fighting game, but I think the sequel would be much better if a Power Stone engine was used. There's a whole bunch of Sonic game ideas I'd like to see, but thats for another thread.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 11:14:06 am »
I don't think Sonic 06 ("Next-Gen") is SA3. It has Silver to slow it down, and although I haven't
seen just how bad it is, the thing about Sonic speeding up as he collects rings sounds
super-annoying. And it would mean no restarting in time-attacks.
SA3 probably has to be designed by TSC members to succeed. (In other words, when it comes,
it'll be a disappointment, and it won't even beat SA2. And forget about it coming close to SA.) :(
It needs 100% good, fast gameplay (not 30-50% or whatever the existing games give),
an improved ranking system (which I've already worked out), better voices,
a SADX Free Camera that never switches back on its own, and fewer annoying glitches.
If it fails on any of these (and it will, unless some big changes are made), it will probably end up
being a disappointment, like I said. And that's if they try making SA3.

knuckles_sonic8, I can tell you what I think of Riders sometime (maybe in the chat), if you'd like.
For now, I'll say that yes, the voices are terrible, but the game seems good otherwise.

Print

Hits: 177 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.26 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.