don't click here

Hey guys!

Print

Author Topic: Hey guys!  (Read 6164 times)

Offline Sonic_Freak

Hey guys!
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:14:20 pm »
Hey I'm Dale and I'm new to this site, was interested in the whole time attack challenges this stite offers. trying to find out how it all works so I can take part. I have almost every sonic game, just missing knuckles chaotix and sonic pocket adventure so I can enter pretty much all challenges, I love trying to get the best times. hope to speak to you all soon
>-Sonic_Freak-<

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Hey guys!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:21:58 pm »
Hey there Dale, welcome to TSC :D
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 08:22:55 pm »
^That's 24 games, if you have all but Chaotix and SPA.  Quantity over quality worked for me, at least for a while.  Hope to see you in the charts.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 08:25:25 pm »
Hey, welcome to TSC!

What games will you be competing in?

(And you're not the only one with Chaotix that wants Chaotix.)
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Sonic_Freak

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 08:28:53 pm »
thanks guys. I have all the older games on collections now I left all my older games to my younger brothers. I couldn't afford chaotix and the 32x when they were about and same goes pocket adventure and the pocket colour and their even more expensive now because of their rarity lol! oh well. yep, hope I can make the boards.  edit: I will try and compete in all games if possible, probably the advance series to start
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 08:31:48 pm by Sonic_Freak »
>-Sonic_Freak-<

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 12:45:16 pm »
Advance series?  Now that's where I'm forced to step in.

Hello there.  I am Quartz, self-proclaimed "Boss Tamer" and a high ranker of Advance 2 and 3.  If you want tips, I suggest you visit the IRC chatroom, or more importantly, look at the videos.  Quite simple really, as half of getting a record is finding the path, which can sometimes be a pain.  The other half being execution/skill, of course.

But I digress.  Since there's not that many Advance 3 videos, I'm also striving to get some videos up of the neglected levels.

...Bah.  This is about you, not me.  So welcome.
Hi

Offline Sonic_Freak

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 06:19:43 pm »
thanks for the tips. appreciate it. I had a look around the videos and noticed you were one of the higher rankers in the advance games. yeah there are alot of routes in the advance games, some being faster than others. I'm going to keep practicing. The one prob I have is with my advance 2's time attack modes. I've totally completed the game and a while after I completed it it stopped saving my time attack records and still wont save them now. Once you turn the game off and turn it back on the times are back to 9:59. Also the chao garden resets and freezes when you save and exit. No-one at other forums I've asked has had this happen, so I guess I'm just unlucky enough to get my game messed up. It's not second hand either, was brand new from GAME in my local shopping centre
>-Sonic_Freak-<

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 09:14:27 pm »

The sonic advance games are known for having really screwy saving

Why just a few months ago I booted up sonic advance only to find all my game data erased, so rest assured, you're not the only one to get screwed over

anyway, welcome to the site

Offline Sonic_Freak

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 03:11:11 am »
my sonic advance 2 did that a couple of times too when it started messing up, I turned it off and loaded it back up a couple of times and my save data came back. It's odd that it gets rid of my time attacks and chao data but not my game data. I'll probably have to start over and see if it saves any better then but I don't know if I could manage it all again as those special keys are hard to get to get into the special stages and the special stages are pretty hard themselves, its all especially hard when done with all 5 characters. look at me going on...
>-Sonic_Freak-<

Print

Hits: 271 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.