don't click here

teh sonikku wildfyur infoz!!!!11

Print

Author Topic: teh sonikku wildfyur infoz!!!!11  (Read 4596 times)

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
teh sonikku wildfyur infoz!!!!11
« on: May 12, 2006, 05:27:07 pm »
No story updates for Sonic Wildfire, but plenty of gameplay info.

Guess what? Sonic game only uses...

*EL GASPO*

one button for jumping and the Wii movement-sensors!

It seems rather "lol one button and movement input" in a Kirby Air Ride for now, as we don't know TOO much. It supposedly uses the Wii movement sensors for three things: one, dodging/moving left and right, two, attacking enemies (jump and then use a quick forward motion), and three, boosting, which is a two step process: one, collect a good amount of fire orbs, two, make a quick backward motion to get an insane boost.

There is NO free roam ability, unfortunately; Sonic is on a set path and always moves forward on it when possible. I haven't played the game myself (though I have heard about it), so I'm still not sure it'll be great, but it will prolly be fun nevertheless.

Do you think this would make a good control scheme and style of play for Sonic fans? I'm feeling a little "if, then" and "but then again", if you know what I mean, but I want to know what you guys think of this.

(P.S.: As a side note, I am now going to (responsibly) post in this forum, since Rolken moved my previous news topic to this forum anyway and I'm going to remember to post in the right forum this time. If you guys don't want me doing this, then just tell me.)
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: teh sonikku wildfyur infoz!!!!11
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:48:44 pm »
Interesting... it sounds like a movement-based 3D-Worldrunner all over again...

I'm curious as to how interesting it'll be... especially if you can TA it or not...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Rolken

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:13:17 pm »
You're not supposed to be able to post there
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline PsyMar

• Really going to play Sonic again. Someday.
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 06:48:42 am »
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!
Let me tell you something about the human race. You put a mysterious blue box slap-bang in the middle of town, whadda you do? Walk past it.

"When you're going through hell, keep going." -- Winston Churchill

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 09:13:45 am »
You're not supposed to be able to post there

Well I assumed I was because you moved the other topic about the Next-gen stuff over here, and I could seemingly post here, so I assumed I was able to in a way that I can contribute and not post like "aljdsvklncxzmbcknajdsljASHITadsnvnjlkaLIDSILUjLS<MBSKLDJAIDSAIDSAIDS". Pardon me, I won't do this next time.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Print

Hits: 173 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1020.05 KB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.