don't click here

about scores in SADX

Print

Author Topic: about scores in SADX  (Read 4637 times)

Offline X-5

about scores in SADX
« on: April 16, 2006, 07:34:11 pm »
Not sure if it belongs here, but anyway..

Basicaly i'm asking how to go about getting good scores in SADX, as most of the ones I got suck and were from just playing normally. i've tried collecting lots of rings, tried going fast- none work for the most part.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
Re: about scores in SADX
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:04:05 pm »
Here's my tips.

If the time bonus of 5000 is possible, consider collecting as many rings as you can within the 1-min time period, unless you can get a really humongous ring collection. Otherwise, simply go for collecting as many rings as you can without screwing up a lot. Remember, each ring is 10 points to your score, while each second (when you're not within a 1 min. period) also costs 10 points. Follow this and you should be off pretty good.

Also, SAing in SADX is also part luck because of the random ring amounts in the random ring containers. This is why even when I could do perfect, the amount of rings in the ring containers screw me over.

That's the basics. Other than that, simply rely on your SADX skills and you should be off fine.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline X-5

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 08:46:53 pm »
I see, I guess I was just going for either one extreme or the other  and not a combination of both which was the problem. thanks a lot!

and I know exactly what you mean by the '?' ring boxes, they always prevent me from getting a good ring score on some levels, specifically Final egg with amy :\

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 08:25:51 pm »
It's basically what PsyBorg said.
Get lots of rings while running through the stage quickly.
If you're using Knuckles or E-102 Gamma, you must get the maximum time bonus.
It's useless to try destroying stuff unless you're using E-102 Gamma.
(Each robot or object is worth as much as a single ring, but Gamma can get them without slowing down.
Also, there's a lot of stuff to blast in EC. All those chairs and parasol things are worth 1000s of points together.)

You'll mostly have to experiment in each stage yourself to get the right balance of time and rings, though.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline X-5

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 12:05:05 am »
I didn't expect another reply, appreciated Marth.

Cleared up my confusion on gamma, I wasn't sure if you just had to just beat it within a minute to get the 5000 bonus or just beat the objective A target time.

And I didn't know the junk on EC was worth points, helped abit to get a new score of 7840.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 12:28:09 am »
Rofl those count as enemies? Heh if Psyborg already knew this, I'm so going to beat his score.

Offline X-5

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 02:35:20 am »
go for it, if you got 1150 enemy score(according to stat) then 8500+ should easily be possible, since I got  15xx enemy score on my 7840
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 02:37:29 am by ParagonX9 »

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 10:19:59 am »
Those things are worth points? :O!

*goes back to EC*
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Print

Hits: 63 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.