don't click here

My Shadow/Glyphic Canyon/Dark video

Print

Author Topic: My Shadow/Glyphic Canyon/Dark video  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
My Shadow/Glyphic Canyon/Dark video
« on: May 02, 2006, 05:44:36 pm »
Okay, I don't care that it's not worthy of being put up under Videos.  I just got the game Saturday, and at most games I own, I am at a decent level (except for the few Rush levels).  The video has the same time as my time on the site.

Rapidshare (download)
Youtube (streaming)

Comments are at Youtube link

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
Re: My Shadow/Glyphic Canyon/Dark video
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 08:24:18 pm »
You know, you could save so much time with Chaos Control. My time's only about 3 seconds better than yours, but I don't skip loops in my run (something I have to get down still), but I do use CC -- you can still touch the jewels (boy, does that sound wrong) while in Chaos Control. You can get the third and fourth ones in a matter of seconds if you get it at the right time. Provided you get enough Hero points, you can get Chaos Control by the time you get into the room with the third jewel. (By the way, why the heck didn't you light dash at the chain before the second one?)
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 08:43:01 pm »
You know, you could save so much time with Chaos Control. My time's only about 3 seconds better than yours, but I don't skip loops in my run (something I have to get down still), but I do use CC -- you can still touch the jewels (boy, does that sound wrong) while in Chaos Control. You can get the third and fourth ones in a matter of seconds if you get it at the right time. Provided you get enough Hero points, you can get Chaos Control by the time you get into the room with the third jewel. (By the way, why the heck didn't you light dash at the chain before the second one?)

That I will try next time I TA the level.  I didn't light dash because before this successful TA, I tried, but Shadow didn't light dash.  He slid instead.  I might light dash after I get on the one platform.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 07:04:02 am »
...lol. If it's a first try, then it shows potential. Here's some tips to do good from Old McPsyBorg:

First off, the boosters that put you high in the air actually slow you down. You've got to move to the side, start a spindash and aim for the next area manually to get a better time.

Since you're TAing, I will restate SBW's point: use Chaos Control, dammit! It saves you craploads of time when timed right. Just kill some Black Aliens to get it, and then press Y (or if you don't use Gamecube, the somethingorother button).

Obstacles are hard to get around, but trust me, once you find an alternate way, it's MUCH easier. Evade the enemies to get a better time.

Don't just jump over things if you can't find an alternate way around them. Jump and then use a Homing Attack to get back at least some of your speed. It's useful to say the least.

You don't need to go on the airlifts that slowly bring you to the next platform; simply dash around the first 2 and you can reach the jewel quicker.

Last but not least, use the S- nevermind, you aren't anywhere near the end of the game, so you can't TA as well. Sorry. X)

That's all I feel I should say, any other skill should be developed by ye on your own. Good luck next time if you try again; it'd be nice to have some competition again.

This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Print

Hits: 302 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1004.88 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.