don't click here

Mike's blog of sorts

Print

Author Topic: Mike's blog of sorts  (Read 23744 times)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Mike's blog of sorts
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 10:15:25 am »
Right, time for #2 on my list. Note that I'm just doing this on a whim, and there's absolutely no rhyme or reason behind the order at all. But all the important people will get a turn.

So today I pick NintenDan, my first real rival here, and one of my many inspirations at TSC.

Like pretty much all the founding members, the first I remember of NintenDan was the old SA2B challenge topics. I never competed (unless it was school holidays at the time) because I was unable to use my Cube at the time.

As I recall, when TSC started the second set of SA2B challenges had just fallen through, and a whole heap of us pestered Taco, as he's now known, to join up. It took until December before he did.

At the time, Rolken and I were alternating as the Sonic Advance champion. With such incredible PRs as 1'11"77 Ice Mountain 1 Sonic and 8'38"xx Egg Rocket Amy, I couldn't ever see myself being beaten for very long - and then NintenDan came and took all the records. EVERY SINGLE ONE. It didn't take him long, either. It's a proud record he mostly holds to this very day.

Now, onto the important stuff.

One of the things I respect NintenDan for is actually having a life. I'll admit, this place is my life far moreso than it should be, which is what makes it so hard to let it go. The fact is that unlike me and possibly some others, NintenDan actually does other stuff with his life than play games. It's something I need to learn to do.

Admittedly, all this is doing is showing how much of a life I don't have. But recognising my follies is the only way I'll improve them.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, Banjo-Tooie and Vectorman 2 speedruns are on the way, I promise. I didn't get the time today, and tomorrow is doubtful as I may have to attend a funeral. But they'll be done by the end of the weekend.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 12:38:57 pm »
Admittedly, all this is doing is showing how much of a life I don't have.
One word.  Heh.

And interesting stuff, there.
Hi

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 06:43:08 am »
Gah. Trial HSC in LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT. D:

At least it reminds me how close I am to completion... but still, I swear we place more emphasis on our final exams than anywhere else, from what I've gathered from my years on the interwebs.

Exam Schedule:

Week 4 (next week!!)
Friday: English 1 (yes, there're two...)

Week 5
Wednesday: Maths Ext 2
Thursday: English 2, Business Studies
Friday: Chemistry

Week 6
Monday: Maths Ext 1
Tuesday: Physics

Five day weekend at the end of it all, though. Score.

In conclusion I am totally unprepared for this round of exams :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Time for round three. This time I'll pick Psyknux/Zephyr. (Split personality, clearly. >_>)

Zephyr is probably the person I have the most arguments with at TSC. I don't know why, maybe it's the incessant "lewser... <_<" comments? Or maybe it's the fact that I was better than him at SA2B for so long and he just couldn't come to terms with that.

None of that really means much, though. He's just that type of person who needs to defend his insecurities in that way. There's nothing wrong with that, though that normally triggers a personality clash with me. I'm working on rectifying that. Seriously.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 07:30:00 am »
I haven't seen his "lewser... >_>" comments lately...  He needs to come more.  Also, good luck on the tests.
Hi

Print

Hits: 497 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 995.20 KB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.