don't click here

Greetings!

Print

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 3668 times)

Greetings!
« on: March 16, 2006, 06:11:55 pm »
Hello people, I finally decided to join.

So yeah, I found this website around a year ago during a friendly competition over at GamingW.net, where Sonic 1's first level was featured as a level to speedrun during that competition. I've been lurking on it for the most part of that, downloading videos and reading the forums when I felt like it. I've been a fan of the Sonic games for as long as I can remember too, trading in my SNES for a Genesis to get Sonic 2 and buying every Sega consoles since then with anticipation, even going as far as pre-ordering a Dreamcast with Sonic Adventure and a few other games.

I've been speedrunning games for nearly two years now, although I have nothing published (I do have a completed speedrun of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Radix won't accept it until I recapture it in 640x480 however instead of my 320x240 max setting for my capture card). I had originally decided to register here to submit my video from the GamingW.net competiton, which was a 00:25 video, but I somehow managed to lose it, so I've been trying to get it done again. I'm a very competitive type as well, so I'll probably submit a lot of times for the Sonic games I like.

So yeah, I hope I'll enjoy myself here. Actually, I'm pretty sure I will. I'll also be hanging around IRC, and maybe you'll see me ranting over there about how much I suck even if I'm at 10 frames of matching the top score. Stupid perfectionist mentality.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 06:24:58 pm »
Hey there dude, welcome to TSC :D

Would your name be related to Soul Reaver in any way, shape or form?

/me <3 Soul Reaver
Did you not think I had a mind?

Greetings!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 06:31:12 pm »
It's that obvious? Aw man.

But yeah, it is. I didn't use the name because it's from the game (I actually originally took it because of an article about angelic names) but my love for the series had something to do with it, yeah.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
Greetings!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 06:46:52 pm »
Hey, welcome aboard and enjoy competing here!
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 09:40:32 pm »
French?  Nationality doesn't matter here.  French or American or whatever, we all share one goal...  To try to decimate the speed, ring, or score barrier and rise to the top of the list!

Or not.  That whole set of lines was just from an adrenaline rush.  And welcome!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:40:52 pm by Quartz »
Hi

Print

Hits: 230 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1016.55 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.