don't click here

SHOCKING NEWS

Print

Author Topic: SHOCKING NEWS  (Read 6976 times)

Offline Rolken

SHOCKING NEWS
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:32:15 pm »
Get ready for this, folks.

The PS3...

ISN'T BEING RELEASED IN SPRING!

Amazing, no? Just last week Sony was insisting it was. Of course, nobody believed it. I seriously do not understand their PR decisions.

Sony's new PlayStation 3 was widely expected to be introduced this spring, but will be delayed as the company fine-tunes the chips that are crucial to the success of the console's Blu-ray function.

The PlayStation 3 --- which is being called "the poor man's Blue-ray" --- is vital to Sony's plans because it plays Blu-ray discs as well as videogames.

Sony will roll out the PS3 by year end, in time for the holidays. If PS3 "delivers what everyone thinks it will, the game is up," Stringer boasts.

There it is, what everybody's known for months...
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
SHOCKING NEWS
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:59:47 pm »
Heh, any news on when Revo is being released by anychance?
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
SHOCKING NEWS
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 05:31:08 pm »
Info on the Revo release is unknown specifically but is expected to be out by 2006. From what I've heard, many of the developers (including the creators of MGS and Fable) who have had some time to play around with the Revo love it. Back to the PS3, I'm rather skeptical about it in part because of the idea of buying a $450 system just to have it break (knowing Sony's previous track record regarding the manufacturing quality of their game systems, especially the ones produced around the 1st year of production). I've always heard the PS3 would be out by summer or fall of 2006. This is the first time I've heard about it being released in spring.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline F-Man

SHOCKING NEWS
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 11:45:29 am »
This is only sad for me because it'll take longer for it to drop in price... :'(

Offline Rolken

SHOCKING NEWS
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 03:02:05 am »
My completely gut-based expectation is that the PS3/Revo will both come out around Thanksgiving, the PS3 at $500 and the Revo at $200. Tho maybe the PS3'll be $400 if Sony doesn't mind hemorrhaging cash.

edit: actually Nintendo has said they have to get the system out before Thanksgiving, but official pronouncements on release dates this early in the game are pretty worthless anyway.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:03:01 am by Rolken »

Offline Rolken

SHOCKING NEWS
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 06:54:10 pm »
"Next-gen" mostly means paying more $$$ to me. Revostick may be an exception, once we see games for it...

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
SHOCKING NEWS
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 09:33:20 pm »
More news about the PS3 launch, which will most likely be on November. This is a quote from a gamespot article.
"Kutaragi also made it clear that the hard drive will be necessary to play games--Sony is telling developers to make games assuming every PS3 has a hard drive installed. "We view the hard drive to be mandatory for the PS3," he said. "Rather than have developers create games for the PS3 with or without the HDD, we will be asking them to develop games as though all PS3s have the HDD installed."

However, Kutaragi revealed that Sony had not decided whether or not the PlayStation 3 would come with the hard-drive preinstalled. "We might end up installing it in all PS3s, though that depends on the market," he said. This raises the possibility that the PS3 could be sold without a piece of hardware needed to play PS3 games--in effect forcing consumers to buy a peripheral for basic functionality."

Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Rolken

SHOCKING NEWS
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 02:51:13 pm »
And I thought 360 core/real was retarded...

Sony strategy and PR lately defy my understanding.

Offline Shadow Wedge

• Unofficial never-be-first for SAdv
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • http://IT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
SHOCKING NEWS
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 09:43:07 pm »
But the PS3 is 4D! How can you lose!
<3 Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals. Rolko-style encoding: StH JJ1 Tal+++! $++++ GM
Yes it's correct, that ! is there.

Print

Hits: 128 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.