don't click here

Is this a good time?

Print

Author Topic: Is this a good time?  (Read 4468 times)

Offline CosmicFalcon

Is this a good time?
« on: February 16, 2004, 06:37:22 am »
33:48:89

No joke.

33:48:89

Yes, more than half an hour, not counting deaths and retries.

Y'see, what happened was... I spent a good 3 to 5 minutes in that long corridor... egads I hated that. Then, I missed the two torches by the switch near the big spider web. So I ended up back at the start, not remembering that the last checkpoint was before that switch. So I went through most of the level again before I found them, trying to put out candles and idiot stuff like that.

Methinks I'll have to try that again in Challenge mode... 33:48:89.... not right...
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline KeruptCorruption

Is this a good time?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 08:38:13 am »
Now I dont feel as bad  :rolleyes:

That spiderweb thing was pissin me off... seems you cant control which direction you want to go in and theres no ryhme or reason to which of the three paths you take... I could get to the 1up over and over but it took me forever to get to the switch... than when i finally got to the switch I would die before I got to the door... I got so mad I just took my 25 minutes and moved on  :D

I am sure its like most of the levels in my case... I have to play thru them a few times... I think I was being to carefull not know where to go and/or how hard to look for the torches.

The bad thing about posting a BIG time such as that is your better off not posting it... I think the "preset" time has to be something like 10 minutes... so by me adding it I actually went backwards... but why post times if your not gonna tell the truth.

Offline CosmicFalcon

Is this a good time?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 10:44:33 am »
Hehe, I had a 'green' ranking for my Chaotix overall time before I posted that.

That spiderweb, I found a 'trick' I guess. You gotta be good at controlling jumps though.

If you don't jump at all, you'll go from one side to the opposite side. So, to get to the one up and two torches, go on the rail nearest it (on the left as you enter) and jump over every turn off. You have to jump without pressing a direction, then press forward to go over the turn off. Then, you can just ride it easy to get to the switch and torches. Then do the same to get to the exit.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Rolken

Is this a good time?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 11:37:25 am »
Increasing the 10-minute thing is on mah to-do list.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline SuperSonic101

Is this a good time?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 12:57:16 pm »
I've heard mystic mansion is pretty tricky with chaotix. I'm still on hang castle, though.

Offline CosmicFalcon

Is this a good time?
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 03:40:14 pm »
Only the spider web part is 'tricky'. The rest of it is just long and annoying.

Offline Cybrax

Is this a good time?
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 03:42:44 pm »
Spider web part: use sonic (or tails if you cant really land on rails really good) and just keep jumping and homeing attack to the next platform on the outside.  Thats how I do it at least.

Offline SuperSonic101

Is this a good time?
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 04:27:40 pm »
It wasn't hard, I beat it on my first try..12 minutes or something I forget.

Offline DJ Koopa

Is this a good time?
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 11:33:57 pm »
I'm stuck in Hang Castle. there's 1 key I can't find and it's driving me nuts.

After 20min. I just shut the game off. (of searching for that specific key, not overall time)
[img width= height=]http://www.cutandpastescripts.com/cgi-bin/randomimages/randomimages.pl?username=Turbos[/img]

Print

Hits: 145 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 1.18s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.