don't click here

Central City: Dark: What's w/ the super fast times

Print

Author Topic: Central City: Dark: What's w/ the super fast times  (Read 10959 times)

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« on: January 07, 2006, 09:45:04 am »
I have played Central City, and I know my way around the map well. I know for a fact that, unless there is something that would allow me to pierce the shielding around the bombs, it is impossible to get a time under two minutes and ten seconds. Four others seem to be doing it, even going BELOW one minute and thirty seconds. I won't say you're cheating yet, but I don't see how this is possible.

Is there ANY way to pierce the shielding around the bombs? If not, then it feels quite obvious that you guys are cheating, because even with the Shadow Gun and a full-speed runthrough, I can't even come close to this time.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 10:07:37 am »
Remember though, if you think someone's cheating just because their times are insanely fast, there's a good chance you're wrong. :)

I knew I'd seen this somewhere before. *huggles SBW for finding it*

But seriously, despite the fact that I haven't played Shadow there's a fair chance that there's just something you don't yet know about the level. yoshifan and Shadow Jacky aren't liars...

<3 Thorn.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 10:14:24 am »
I always try to word in a way that I am saying that I am not accusing them of cheating. I would like to state for the SECOND time, I'm NOT accusing them of cheating. What I am doing, is not understanding how they got the insanely fast time, so I politely ask.

Although I am curious as to how SJ got under 1 min. 30 sec when he did NOT post his new score also, since that would be over 50000, but let's talk about how this is actually done, no?
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 10:21:04 am »
I would also like to note out that this is not in the Leaderboard Disputes for a reason. I know that these guys probably don't cheat. And that's why this isn't in Leaderboard Disputes. I simply don't understand their methods.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 10:53:54 am »
Although I am curious as to how SJ got under 1 min. 30 sec when he did NOT post his new score also, since that would be over 50000, but let's talk about how this is actually done, no?
[snapback]8738[/snapback]

Maybe he didnt want to?
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 10:54:20 am »
[snapback]8738[/snapback]

Maybe he didnt want to?

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 11:17:32 am »
Yeah, perhaps he didn't feel like posting up his score.

Also, nah, you really didn't ask "politely" since saying "What's up with thos super fast times?" kinda implys that you don't believe them...

A lot of things records aren't understood on this site, but I won't get into what I'm talking about... D:

EDIT: Also on top of that, you have insane scores and you don't even have close to half of your times submitted so you really can't say anything about SJ submitting a time and his score.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 11:20:17 am by sonicam »
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 11:29:14 am »
Okay, the response to this topic is simply infuriating.

I can't think of anything else to say. I was going to type up a super-long post, but let me simply summarize what my current thoughts are:

"My god, why do people go offtopic simply to flamebait me?"

Now look, let's not admire the slightest details here. Let's all keep in mind that I'm not evil, and I'm not trying to be mean. I simply desire an explanation. That is all, no further questions. Sorry for sounding rude, but I don't want excuses for this to be recognized as something it isn't. Okay? Let's leave it at that.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 11:31:57 am »
EDIT: Also on top of that, you have insane scores and you don't even have close to half of your times submitted so you really can't say anything about SJ submitting a time and his score.
[snapback]8743[/snapback]

I don't really compete in the times section. I feel score is more of a measure of how well someone does, so I don't really submit times frequently. However, if that is what everyone wants to see, I will submit my times.

Also, if you would like me to explain some of my scores, you can always ask. I have the time.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 11:33:35 am by PsyBorg »

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 11:43:27 am »
We're not really going off topic, we are responding to part of you post. We obviously aren't SJ nor yoshi so we really can't help with CC-Dark, I have a damn D Rank on the charts. agh, I don't even wanna get into it either. I'm not into playing this game much competitively so I don't really want any strats.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 11:46:51 am »
We're not really going off topic, we are responding to part of you post.
[snapback]8746[/snapback]

True, but that's a minor detail, and it has little relation to the actual topic, so it is going offtopic.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 11:56:38 am »
Its all in the route you take. So far, I've been using the M-16 for my runs and sub 2 minutes can easily be done with that weapon. BTW where is the fastest route to the Shadow Rifle in that stage?
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 12:17:23 pm »
All in the route? I doubt it, but I'll try.

Here's my current path that gets the best time (but not the best score):

Go to the right, break box, shoot dynamite. Hit spring, destroy first bomb.

Go ahead, triangle jump, destroy second bomb to reveal new path.

Use rocket, kill mech, move up ahead to third bomb. Destroy surrounding GUN soldiers to unlock bomb. Destroy it. (Note here: Minimum time to do this seems to be 1:12.)

Move into tunnel, grab Shadow Gun, take a right turn to eventually find fourth bomb. Destroy surrounding GUN soldiers and destroy bomb.

Shoot dynamite, find secret path.  Move up pole. Move on forward until a spring is reached. Jump on spring, destroy GUN soldiers to unlock path to final bomb. Destroy helicopter for extra points, destroy surrounding GUN soldiers, destroy bomb.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 02:03:21 pm »
Damn you know whats funny, I didn't check my score as I was still pissed I still cant beat yoshifan's CC dark time and we are doing the exact same things, but for me its always something I'm missing or over doing it (I cant help it).

Dont ask me about CC hero either as yoshifan has told me he uses the bomb guide from gamefaqs to make a route for him, so I might do the same for me, but not anytime soon.  Now its not hard to figure out as me and him dont use special weapons and only the ones we grabbed from kills.  Also your taking too long triangle jumping that gap.  Now if I can figure out your Sky Troops dark time, then this cant be all that tough.  

Also your scores aren't all that great either as anyone can probably beat them, but no one has put up the effort (well anyone that's still competitive in Shadow).  Now your boss times I do congratulate because they are fast, but I also hate doing bosses so it not something I do.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 03:57:41 pm »
[snapback]8737[/snapback]
Mike, get the fuck off of me. :(
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 04:03:21 pm »
For CC Hero, I didn't use the GameFAQs guide to form a route; I was just saying that I could use the guide to easily explain my route to someone, since the guide numbers each bomb and gives a clear description of each bomb's location.

As for CC Dark, a few things that might help:

-You can skip the second weight by doing a big spindash-jump from the end of the fallen crane.  Then when you land, instead of triangle-jumping, do a smaller spindash-jump to cross the gap.  After you detonate the second bomb, don't use the missile; slide off the ledge, to the left, and touch the blue light.  Use Chaos Control and cancel it when you're near the third bomb.  (Chaos Control doesn't necessarily save time here, but it just makes this part easier.)

-At the third and fourth bombs, make sure you're not destroying more mechs than you need to.  Also, instead of using special weapons, pick up a rifle from a mech near the third bomb.

-Your Dark gauge should fill up near the fourth bomb.  After detonating the fourth bomb, go up the pole more quickly by jumping off and on the pole.  Run to the missile without slowing down, then grab it and let go of it as soon as possible.  If you were fast enough, you should still be invincible at this point, and you'll be able to run through the toxic liquid to the fifth bomb.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 06:40:38 pm »
[snapback]8757[/snapback]

Okay. :o

I am clearly spending too much time at The Domain. :(

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 09:47:23 am »
[snapback]8757[/snapback]

XD!

Print

Hits: 166 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.