don't click here

Shadow the Hedgehog: Calculating time into score

Print

Author Topic: Shadow the Hedgehog: Calculating time into score  (Read 3686 times)

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« on: December 27, 2005, 11:55:09 am »
Is there a way to know how much time factors into your score? Seeing as I have good scoring ability, I want to know precisely how much time factors into the score that you get. Thanks in advance.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 02:36:29 pm »
From the looks of it (and I'm by no means someone who dives into all of the specifics in games like scoring and shiz), time factors a lot. I don't I've gotten any more than 15,000 (roughly) on Hero/Dark scores, wheras a 30,000 point time bonus on the same mission isn't out of the question (though I've never achieved both). I want to say we've had talks about this, but nothing's come out of it.

Actually, supposedly on dark missions the score possibility is said to be infinite, but there could always be the rule like in SA2B that you must finish in so much time (ie 15 minutes) for the score to count.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 02:36:47 pm by Spinballwizard »
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 02:57:36 pm »
Bah, I just want to know about how much, it doesn't need to be precise.

And yes, it is true that scoring possibilities on Dark missions are infinite, but that is reaaaaaally cheap and evil (and, fyi, only works on certain stages with specific traits). I don't do that, and in the fear that it will be used here, I will try not to mention it ever again, unless I say we should have a rule against it.

Anyway, I need to know so I can perfect my score on Lava Shelter's Hero mission, which I am obsessed with for some reason. I know that I could probably decrease my time by a few seconds if I tried hard enough, so that's my reason for needing to know at least an approximation of how much time factors into your score...
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 03:08:17 pm »
Shadow's time bonus is the same as Heroes: 50000 points minus 80 for each second that passes (up to 10:25.00 where it becomes 0), with a "grace period" of 90 seconds: finishing before then gives you the full 50000, so that the difference between 1:29.99 and 1:30.00 is 7200 points.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 03:25:40 pm »
Thanks. One second is 80 points? Hmm...

Well, again, thank you very much. I'll be playing ShtH now...

Print

Hits: 114 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1004.30 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.