don't click here

Sonic center should accept super hard mode times

Print

Author Topic: Sonic center should accept super hard mode times  (Read 11680 times)

Offline gbagcn

« on: September 12, 2004, 06:16:34 pm »
The reason I think they aren't being accepted is because many people have not unlocked the mode yet (including Rolken) and it is more difficult to access the levels (its like trying to time attack the genesis games without stage select).

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 06:25:01 pm »
I don't think it is such a good idea. It becomes too much of a hastle to just compete in the level you want to compete in, since, like you said, you can't select the level. This might also be why no one really competes in Sonic 1 GG since there is no known Level Select for that game. Well anyway, i think it's a bad idea. Not many people really have Super Hard(including myself, damn Chaotix...) so not that many submissions will really go for Super Hard.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 04:21:42 pm »
SonicAm, that doesn't mean SHM times shouldn't be added. So there aren't that many competitiors. Big deal. Most people who are really good at Time Attack in SH already have it unlocked (no offense to others who don't have it yet), so we can shave off times like 10 minute Mystic Mansion, or 30 minute Final Fortress (Obviously an exageration). In terms of nothing similair to level select, it may not be necessary. Just play through 1 session of SHM, and submit those times, and keep going through to improve.

I HOPE YOU DO

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 04:35:16 pm »
I think thats a good idea but I hate the fact that in super hard mode you can only be team sonic.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 04:47:11 pm by segamaster »
I'am gone but not forgoten!

Offline Rolken

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 05:13:48 pm »
Difficulty or dislike has never been a valid reason to exclude levels from the competition, sorry guys. I'll add it sometime soon, together with all the other stuff I keep fixin to add...
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline gbagcn

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 11:39:35 am »
I just played super hard mode again and noticed a problem in it that will make it harder to keep track of your times. When you beat the level your time completely dissappears and the screen that normally shows your time/score after you beat a level doesn't appear. This means that in order to keep track of your time you have to look at it right before you hit the goal ring. Since it is impossible to tell the number of miliseconds that you have sonic center should not include them when submitting a time.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 06:31:37 pm »
Difficulties with recording your score and time is my reason for not supporting adding Super Hard mode to the competition. If it weren't for that, I'd support its addition.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 07:21:18 pm »
Now wait, if you have to estimate your time, that makes it an entirely different beast - namely, one which won't be ranked. It's too hairy.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Cybrax

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 08:19:16 pm »
I dont even have all the emblems yet :(, I dont think I will be unlocking SHM anytime soon.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 08:59:09 pm »
actually, there is roughly a 2 second pause after you hit the goal ring, where somebody could easily note their time. Estimation is not necessary to submit a valid time.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline gbagcn

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 11:32:19 pm »
But the problem is during that 2 second pause when you beat the level the time isn't displayed anywhere on screen. You could pause before you hit the goal ring to get a good estimate of your time but you wouldn't know the miliseconds you hit he goal ring at. It should at least be rankings in freestyle or something.

Print

Hits: 63 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.