Welcome Center > News and Updates

New Sonic Adventure 2 charts

<< < (4/5) > >>

Zeupar:

--- Quote from: The Eggnoob on April 10, 2015, 07:27:05 pm ---this idea seems pretty nonsensical to me, lol
--- End quote ---

Well, apparently you are in the minority. :V

--- Quote from: PsyMar on April 16, 2015, 06:10:40 pm ---Rings/Speed Shoes are a very good point that should be considered when formulating the rules for "checkless" M1.

--- End quote ---

Hyper has correctly addressed that concern in a previous post.

--- Quote from: bertin on April 17, 2015, 02:39:54 am ---and if we're going to play the "because it's more impressive" game. How about we add Sonic R "glitchless" charts to the IL tables since glitching out of bounds and spinning around 3 times is "not as impressive" as doing it "normally".
--- End quote ---

That's a meritless parallelism considering that Sonic Adventure 2 tracks both type of records separately, which is part of the reason the new charts were suggested.

--- Quote ---Is it being more impressive to you the only real reason to add these?
--- End quote ---

No, as this topic proves.

SB737:
I feel that they should be added, as they are tracked as an extra mission, so your time would be saved, and in my opninion getting a fast time takes a lot more skill without checkpoint abuse.
I also think that if you get speedshoes or rings from a checkpoint then that should void your stat, if you're doing wanting to submit a mission 1 to mission 4's chaert, as already mentioned.

bertin:

--- Quote from: bertin on April 17, 2015, 02:39:54 am ---and if we're going to play the "because it's more impressive" game. How about we add Sonic R "glitchless" charts to the IL tables since glitching out of bounds and spinning around 3 times is "not as impressive" as doing it "normally".
--- End quote ---

That's a meritless parallelism considering that Sonic Adventure 2 tracks both type of records separately, which is part of the reason the new charts were suggested.

So? Sonic R tracks stats for every single character in the game and that wasn't added neither. You don't have to add literally everything the game tracks. I could go on about the other things sonic games tracks that wasn't added as charts. I just don't see why this should be added when the only arguement I've seen that the game tracks it and the only thing that would make it different is removing checkpoints. You can do the same thing in Mission 1

DRGNdrags123:
lets just use mission 4. That would be great for levels like knuckles so we have a chance of getting good RNG and actually be fair instead of dieing over and again. Also checkless Mission 1, id say no but M4 yea..

Gpro:
What about those who have submitted their M4 times to M1? I mean, yeah, it'd be rare, but I'm pretty sure most people who've submitted regularly to the SA2 charts have figured that M1 and M4 essentially go under the same rules, so that'd technically invalidate those stats (though it'd be impossible to tell which stats are and aren't valid at that point). Only ones that really would have a difference would be Knuckles and Rouge, but technically you could count the M1s done in a single segment as M4 times, because there aren't any checkpoints in their levels. The only real difference being the timer and the ability to segment and nothing more, which is a reason I really don't like this proposal (not to mention that the only way to know for sure is if you get video proof of the stat or a picture, to make matters worse).

I also would like to point out that TECHNICALLY, M4 times can count and fall under M1 anyways, as you can follow the same rules in M1, only difference being the timer and just being a different mission (with the same layout). In contrast, M1s have checkpoints (which obviously can be ignored but still would make it invalid as an M4 submission). Say, for instance, some smart allec comes in and beats his M1 time as M4 and realizes this. He might submit the stat for both M1 and M4, causing duplicate stats. People don't tend to read rules and look through holes within them, and this is likely one of them. Then they may be confused as to why their stat got removed. I believe that this may cause a pretty big mess, but, hey, if you guys can figure it out, by all means go for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version