don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 700865 times)

Offline X-5

Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2008, 03:53:17 pm »
I have no idea. I hate that spring, it is the only reason I did not get my record back, it is 1 in 10 for me and that is not going to work in a run without checkpoints. I am guessing DsS had the same issue, cause we both know 1:32-1:33 is possible but we both have 1:35's.
Brian knows in green forest hitting the top spring shoots you much further and faster, but white jungle only has one spring.. so who knows. I have tried tons of wacky things hoping for something that consistently works, but nothing. I would ask Brian.. if he doesn't know already there is a fair chance he will find a way for you :P

I am mixed up with your whole next paragraph, what 1:28/1:24 runs are you talking about?

I did some M5 today on FR, I had great plays but they turned out no better than what I did last night, I thought the run I had last night really sucked. maybe not. Oh well, 2:16 is a fun time for you to beat! Oh, your times page looks nice so far, with all red and silver :P

I did get the RBS to work on M1 finally, I guess it is not so hard but I still have not gotten a run  to the next check with it yet.

150th post in this topic!! This topic is bound to have to most posts from the whole site soon!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:27:45 pm by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2008, 05:15:50 pm »
Hmm, guess I'll just 99 lives abuse it to get a red time...Who knows, maybe I'll find something that works consistently, I doubt it though.

I was talking about how I enter the large building at 20 seconds, which is 1.2 seconds slower compared to a good M1 run.
And if you decide to go for the 1:24 run on M5, a vid would be great!

Yeah, I was actually quite surprised when you said a M5 1:24 run would be easy. Well, I thought my M1 run sucked too, until the point I noticed I had a 1:21.57 check :P

Thanks, I guess I'll go with Final Chase M3 and M5 next. It'll get annoying when I reach the Knuckles/Rouge part though. All these luck-restarting runs with memorizing the best locations for each emerald...AWWWW

151!

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2008, 06:04:32 pm »
Hi guys! Finally after 4 days of job, I'll play again, it's too frustrating not being able to play the amount of time as when I was on school, I'll take a look at final rush first, to improve my own time and try to find another shortcut, but while I don't find any, I have something for both of you to test: at the beggining of the stage instead of jumping and do the B+A, transfer to the right rail at the end of the first one, you'll notice that if you jump you'll reach another rail that leads you up, but instead of jumping in it, let sonic go off the rail and begin to fall, notice that you have a rail at sonic's right side, and as soon sonic starts to fall, aim for it, if you do it right you'll be able to grab on the rail at a high speed and later, at the end of the rail, jump off and do a bounce attack, aimming to the next rail, then let sonic go. With this strategy, I was able to reach the rail before the hall at 17 sec everytime I did it right, I don't tested any ways to do this faster but I'll test it today, this strategy is old, like 3 years ago, and was found by one of my brothers.

About White Jungle, I'll do some tests to try a way to figure out how that spring works, for now that spring is a mistery to me too :/

About videos, I'm very happy you uploaded your vids Paragod, 'cause I was seeing a lot of records and I always keep thinking: "How he did it?" I pray for God to all of us, everytime we beat a record, we have taped it, I can't do videos for now 'cause my camera isn't with me, and it most of the times make me not do my best, I can't wait to take it back and tape a run of Green Forest mission 3, 2, Metal Harbor(My favorite stage) mission 2, 3, and Final Rush mission 1, those are the first ones, obviously before them I'll make the "gravity control" video ;P. See ya tomorrow o/
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2008, 06:38:42 pm »
Hey Brian!
yeah, job must be really hard, good thing me school's easy on me for the next week! anyway, I'm not too sure if I got everything right you said.
there were times when I reached the last rail before the rail that goes through the building in 11 seconds (almost 2 seconds faster than usual), but I have not enough speed to maintain it and jump off. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though. Also, I got that 3 times out of 130 tries...:(
I guess I'm doing it wrong, a vid would really help.
Can't wait for the Gravity control vid either.

And good luck on Final Rush, I know you can at least beat Zealous!

Offline X-5

« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2008, 07:22:56 pm »
good to see you with some time to play Brian, we all want to see you to unleash your potential!

And if you decide to go for the 1:24 run on M5, a vid would be great!

This is the part of your post that confused me.. what mission am I planning to complete in 1:24? or do you mean get to the FR M5 checkpoint at 1:24? If that is what you mean it won't happen for me, I was thinking 1:26 to 1:27 would be good since I did 1:28 on a run that was still "bad" but for now I am stuck at 1:29.

I thought you were not going to play the sucky hunting levels :P

I gave you a tiny bit of incentive to play FR M3.. The good thing about the run is, I had a pretty good RBS! You are right that it is pretty easy. I got to the check at 1:22.9(My first 1:22 I believe) of course I tried to go for the goal seeing as I had a shot at 2:10 w/o using the check.. but I messed up. So I went for the chao and got 1:47, and I did really terrible in the chao rail section and lost 1:46, I could do 1:45 at best. I will probably do M1 very soon and go for 2:10 with RBS, I am tired of having 2:11!

Brian can definitely beat Zealous, and us if he felt like it. Did Zealous say anything to you about your time and video?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2008, 07:38:43 pm »
Aww, can't believe I messed up twice. I meant M5 in 2:14! Wow, huge mistake on my part....twice <__<

Hmm, nice time, I've been working on overall stuff lately. Though the last 40 mins I spent testing the CWS in M1 and came to the conclusion that if the two rail thingy is bounced on and being continued normally, you're not losing any time at all compared to the CWS.
Anyway, I guess I'll attack these times tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I can get M3 back...not too sure about M5 though.

Also, judging from "went to goal ring", does that mean that you restarted from the 1:22 checkpoint?

And no word from Zealous. I didn't check whether he logged in since I wrote him though.

Btw, any idea how much time the RBS saves?.. <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2008, 07:41:26 pm »
How about that.. 2:10.19 on M1!!

RBS is simple now, I had 46.2 on the first check and 1:22.2 on the last check. No restarts at any checks! I did not make any use of the CWS glitch cause I knew I would mess up, but now I know I can definitely beat you! I wish I could do the beginning better.. I make up for the slower first check by not restarting at it, but 45.5 is really fast. I can get 45.9 which is very rare.

soooo close, kinda like when you almost took my M1 record away for the first time, wasn't it 0.64 or something?

Offline X-5

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2008, 07:45:49 pm »
Aww, can't believe I messed up twice. I meant M5 in 2:14! Wow, huge mistake on my part....twice <__<

Hmm, nice time, I've been working on overall stuff lately. Though the last 40 mins I spent testing the CWS in M1 and came to the conclusion that if the two rail thingy is bounced on and being continued normally, you're not losing any time at all compared to the CWS.
Anyway, I guess I'll attack these times tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I can get M3 back...not too sure about M5 though.

Also, judging from "went to goal ring", does that mean that you restarted from the 1:22 checkpoint?

And no word from Zealous. I didn't check whether he logged in since I wrote him though.

Btw, any idea how much time the RBS saves?.. <_<

2:14, yeah that is definitely possible. I am tired of getting messed up at the beginning though. I'll play that again after you beat me.

I did restart on my M3 run, though after I failed at getting a M1 time I got to the chao first try, so really I did not restart at all.. but I have always restarted on M3 (unlike M1) because I hate trying to jump to the platform on the left from the rail, I usually miss or get hit by that enemy by the chao. So we are even there in restarts :P

When I had a good SRS I could get a 1:23.2 check at best, now I am already down to 1:22.2 with a bad beginning with RBS, I am going to say RBS saves 1.5 seconds.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2008, 07:08:45 am »
Ok damn, you took ALL 3 records back! Did you tape the M5 one?

Anyway, congrats, even though you only broke the M1 record by 0:00.13!

I can't believe you got a 1:21.1 checkpoint, that's 0.4 faster than me personal best!
Well, at least I know I can still beat that time with even two checkpoints. I'm wondering however, how can you say you'll get 2:08, did you mess up a bit on the route?

Whatever, good thing we have a weekend right now, so I can play a bit.

Damn that's gonna be tough, I didn't expect you to break my 2:09 record so fast.
Guess it means now screw the overall records, since FR m1 has top priority.

I will get it back, just you wait!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:16 am »
Hmm, haven't been able to nail the record yet, since I lost all my lives on that run, but new personal best on the first checkpoint is 45.39, which I've gotten twice already.

EDIT: Checkpont free run, and guess what? We're tied, again! My heart's beating soo fast, and hands are shaking, I pause-abuse in the end(last platform with the goal ring) to see if I will make it or not, because I hit the checkpoint at around 1.21.3, but I missed the last box with the bounce attack 3 times <_<

I think that's enough for me today, hands are STILL shaking. I'll play tomorrow again, I'm not satisfied with just a tie. =D
Mid check was around 45.9 btw.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:01:16 am by PoT »

Offline X-5

« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2008, 02:01:50 pm »
nah I did not manage to tape anything, I was going to play M5 again and tape it to see if I could show you any new tricks, but I wanted to give myself a small break with another game, then I fell asleep. I will try today, because I had a 1:27 check last night, which I blew 2:14 with because of the big ring chain as I said in my comment. All the runs were with no checks, except for M3 (1:21 check)

Damn that's gonna be tough, I didn't expect you to break my 2:09 record so fast.

me neither, but the RBS saves a ton of time, and once it got easy.. I knew it was a matter of time before I had just a decent run to beat you. I am going for 2:08 because I had a 1:22.2 check, and my best is 1:21.1. It will be hard to overcome nervousness and not mess up after I get  a low 1:21 check, but it will have to happen eventually. Plus I know a 1:20 check is possible.

Checkpont free run, and guess what? We're tied, again!
Crazy.. but congrats, isn't this your first FR M1 run that you actually were able to leave the checkpoints alone? If so that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! WE both have the record on fair grounds, no stupid checkpoints beating(well, tieing) me! just great!

My heart's beating soo fast, and hands are shaking
hahahehe...shaking like crazy whilst trying to type your message? don't you just love how powerful and important a game can be on your mind and feelings.. it is amazing to me,  the feel of pulling off something that was extremely challenging is so rewarding..for me, it is probably one of the top 5 feelings you can experience. THE FEELING OF ULTIMATE ACCOMPLISHMENT! Kinda sucks how you start feeling it before the run is over tho(nervousness) and it screws you up huh? :P

Yeah I know you can easily beat this record, I am happy to finally get off of 2:11, and actually challenge you again. I am not going to be satisfied til I get 2:08 and neither should you!
What do you think of my 1:45? is it close to max? Its amazing you got 1:44.. maybe I am really bad at the chao part.

I also was messing around at the end today, and I doubt it, but maybe we will have a new time saver for a few seconds. At the end when you roll down the thing with the rocks, what shoots you to the goal ring is some boost pads.. so I was wondering.. maybe with the right jump(or bounce) you could skip those pads and land right on the goal? that'd be way faster than flying through the air..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:26:02 pm by Paragod »

Offline X-5

« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2008, 04:40:12 pm »
man you're gonna go into shock when you see my two new times.. M1 and M5 got totally destroyed! and taped! and it only took an hour an a half to get both! I will probably upload them both soon!

On M1, No checkpoints, of course. 46.1 on the first check(terrible, I had badluck on a rail, got shot straight up instead of forward) 1:21.4 on the last check, great ending! I definitely see 2:07, but 2:08 is still really good for now. No CWS by the way, its too hard and might not even save time as you said.

When I get 2:07, I am done for good. Until we find more tricks, anyway.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 06:11:11 pm by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2008, 07:03:17 pm »
2.08.5x, eh? Definitely impossible with two checkpoints. Well, that's what I said about the past 2:12 record as well.
Damn, that's gonna take more than an hour to get back. I know with a perfect run I can hit the mid check at 1:20.8 or so, so I can't even break that record even with only 1 check used.
I didn't expect it to become so difficult at once. And that you even said you see a 2:07...that's just beyond me. I know you're the best of the best, but really, this shocks me!!

Guess I should stop telling you my new tricks, since you just keep beating me :P
Anyway, I will beat that time, and even if it takes years!

Offline Mo

« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2008, 08:30:34 pm »
To ditch that spring on white jungle all you have to do is move the control stick to the left when you are about to fall off the vine.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline X-5

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2008, 10:09:01 pm »
I get the feeling you are upset or mad at me :( Since you want to stop telling me your tricks, I thought you enjoyed letting everybody else know what you know like I do. Fine, if you feel 2:08 is hard I won't get 2:07 tonight like I had planned. Kind of a relief really, it would probably take me another hour or two and I am really getting tired of doing the same thing over and over again. Guess I have just had enough of final rush, those dang rails, missing those dang rails, having the rails laugh at me as I fail.. a break!

So.. 2:08, 0:40, 1:45, 2:12. Those are my best times, they are my final challenges for you.

Just so we have an absolute max(at the moment) I had a 1:20.4 check on a run, and I screwed up losing 2:07.(aaaaargh!) I had a 46.0 check there.

So.. 2:08.52 = 1:21.4 last check
I had 1:20.4 with 46.0

You can get 45.4.. that makes 1:19.8

which potentially adds up to.......

2:06.8!

That is the absolute limit for a real player. I am never going to go for that since I cannot do better than a 45.7 first check :( but I just knew 2:06 was possible, if you want to be crazy!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2008, 07:40:40 am »
No, no, you got it wrong. I'm not mad or upset. In fact, I'm happy because the time got lower again. Remember, we're going for a sub2:00 some day

Anyway, you should try to get a 2:07.

Btw, you taped those awesome runs, didn't you? I can't wait to see them. BAAAW

Oh and I haven't tried it yet, but thanks hyper1000000.

Offline Mo

« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2008, 05:25:24 pm »
I discovered that spring trick by accident when I was trying to speedrun White Jungle.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2008, 05:37:16 pm »
Thanks dude, I'll try it today, I'm really sad 'cause I don't have a camera right now to tape my Speedruns :(
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2008, 07:34:57 pm »
Skyly >_>
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2008, 12:44:04 pm »
Skyly >_>
Hahahahhaha, you noticed it, yeah I played PSO in the past 5 years, it's an awesome game.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2008, 12:59:08 pm »
I did it! I only have to get the mission 5 record to own this stage, but I won't do this 'cause I don't like this stage so much, I'll foccus my efforts in beat the metal harbor mission 3 record, but not mission 2 'cause I really suck at this mission, I just can't do this fucking jump to the chain of rings.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2008, 07:52:14 am »
Damn, I thought I'd have you this time, but then I take a look at the time and I'm 0.2 seconds away :(

I did not see any mistake in my run.. It's just the nanomistakes as you once said, Para.

Btw, still awaiting your vid...

Offline X-5

« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2008, 01:40:34 am »
Sub 2:09.. great! I knew you could get 2:08, and potentially take it back. And you said you'd be playing for a year..ha..yeah right!

Did you restart at the first checkpoint if you see 0.6 faster being possible? What was your last check time?

I have been lazy about making videos :( sorry.. I might do them today, maybe 10 hours from now when it is daytime. You can definitely see how 2:07 is possible when you see the big time loss in my 2:08.. and what sucks is how it is totally the games fault and not mine! Usually I fly forwards not straight up!

I think me and you both think of maxes and flawless runs a little differently. When  I think of a flawless run, I think of every last nanomistake  because every other competition site the records are completely maxed to every last tenth usually, which for FR at the moment would be 2:06. My 2:08 (looks) flawless other than the big mistake, but I know lots of parts could be a tenth faster or maybe even a little less, nothing really felt perfect on my run. But for you, you don't mind or don't notice such small mistakes and feel you could never out-do your run. It is fine both ways, I just think it is cool how we both have our own standards in how far a level can really go :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2008, 05:57:38 am »
Oh, I thought you already had the vid made and were just too lazy to upload, lol.

No, I didn't restart at any checkpoints. This easy calc shows how I come to thinking 0.6 CAN be saved somewhere:

I had a 2:09:92 run with two checkpoints. Each checkpoint loses me around ..0.7-0.8 seconds.
Take these 1.4-1.6 seconds, along with knowing that it wasn't my best run to the first checkpoint (I hit it somewhere at 0:45.5x-0:46, whereas my best there is 45.39) would make a current maximum of...
 2:09.92
-0:01.50
-0:00.20
-----------
=2:08.22

^That, along with taking into account that I missed the box once in the end (which might've just cost me the record) would be around 2:08.05.

Maybe, with total perfection, 2:07 is possible in my eyes. I don't see (or know) about your big time loss that cost you 2:07 though.

Usually I fly forwards not straight up!
With that, do you mean the big shortcut rail that shoots you forward at around 0:36? If so, then yeah, you did lose 0.5 at best, and almost a second at worst..

Actually, I thought the same way you did. It was because I restarted at checkpoints, so I oculd abuse them to get the "perfect" time on that part of a level. But now with you pushing me and not allowing for any checkpoints anymore, I got used to letting very small mistakes to by. If I weren't to do that, I'd still be trying in 2015 <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2008, 06:24:35 am »
ha..well now you know THE only way to max a level is to not use checkpoints, especially on levels like this where they cost a half to 1 second apiece. But you should thank me for making you use checkpoints, like I said before once (I) stopped using them, I became a much more skilled and consistent player faster than I would have if I kept depending on them all the time. I almost never use them today, except in cases where I hate the level and just wanted a decent completion quickly. (Like FR M3 and 5) It is great you can do FR without them now, I would much rather lose the record to a single run compared to when you originally beat me with 2 checks. I'd be trying in 2015 too if I went for what I feel is perfection (2:06) but 2:07 is actually doable if I try for a few more hours.

The reason I think 2:07 is so "easy" is cause my 2:08 had a mega flaw costing me 0.5, plus the run was very...... average. Not bad, and not even close to spectacular or special but just average. So the way I see it, taking away the half a second flaw leaves 3 hundredths to go.. very easy to erase the rest of the run felt so "average"

What happened by the way is, I stopped flying off the rail at 35 seconds cause it was not consistent enough, and I have a new method where I do a trick off the 35 sec rail once again, and do a B+A on the first rail. What it does 9/10ths of the time is shoot you very quickly off that rail and right on to the next one, but on my 2:08 run I got shot straight up in the air instead, which happens 10% of the time for no real reason..I am not sure if it is faster than your method, but I do know I am getting 45.5 checkpoints now so for me it is the best way.

The race for 2:07 is on, I guess!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2008, 08:08:08 am »
Very true, I feel I got better as well. I could never do sub 2:00 on Radical Highway for example, and now I just played it for fun and got a 1:55. That's not an amazing time, but it's a 6 second improvement for me without using any new tricks.

You probably saw all the new times I submitted (noting too great, but I'm always going for red), but I spent most of my time playing Final Rush actually. As you can see in my comment, this last run was a 1/1000 one, who knows when I'll be able to redo it, or even produce a faster one. I'm going to try that trick you said at :35 though. I know I've tried it before that, but it didn't really save me any time...maybe I just did it wrong. Technically it should save time, seeing as you can get to the first checkpoint in 45.5 now..

Oh well..Guess I'll take a break for a few days from Final Rush...
I still have to get reds in the Knux/Rouge missions (I hate m1 on them..that's gonna take time) and Eggman/Tails (I'm decent at a few, and I SUCK at the others).

Next is to submit to Rings. It's needed if I want to raise my rank. I'm going for top20 in SA2 now...

For the 2:07, you'll definitely get it before me, but I'll catch up.
(When you go for 2:07...RECORD IT!!) That would be just as awesome as your CE vid.

Offline Mo

« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2008, 05:35:34 pm »
Managed to quad hit King Boom Boo in Dark Bosses and sub 3:30 final rush m1.

Offline X-5

« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2008, 08:42:57 am »
Keep it up.. you will be as good as me in every level in no time! Be careful on radical highway though.. if anybody on the charts improves their time beyond yours you will be knocked down to orange!

I dunno at best this new trick is probably the same speed as yours(which would be great, as it is more consistent) But maybe it is faster who knows, it is much better for me.

Next is to submit to Rings. It's needed if I want to raise my rank. I'm going for top20 in SA2 now...

cool, you may have just inspired me to go for the top 10.. cause it is very easy(a matter of time) and right now I am super bored...something kinda challenging to go for!

Oh well..Guess I'll take a break for a few days from Final Rush...
I still have to get reds in the Knux/Rouge missions (I hate m1 on them..that's gonna take time) and Eggman/Tails (I'm decent at a few, and I SUCK at the others).

hunting mission 1 sucks period, yeah. you get 99 lives, restart til you find a good piece...die until you find another, die til you find another. I bet most people only play those levels for points. Thankfully mission 2,3, and 5 are much better to play, as they are similar to sonic missions with a different theme and different character. If you ask me some of the records are absolutely crazy, like death chamber M2 or Wild canyon M2.. yoshifan is crazy at those! For the shooting stages.. I am....uhh...okay at some of those I guess. I like most of the stages,but some are boring without much variety.  I have always wanted to be as good at those as with sonic, but I just cannot seem to get that good. As before.. a lot of these records are extremely hard to beat.

(When you go for 2:07...RECORD IT!!) That would be just as awesome as your CE vid.
nah, no way....... I have 30 to 40 hours on FR right now, and maybe another 3-5 to get 2:07.. that can never compare to what I went through to "max" out CE. Remember though, once I do get 2:07 I am never playing the level again(till we find something new) so once you catch up you will remain #1.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2008, 10:36:16 am »
hmm, true. Guess I'll need to improve a bit there. And I'll also try the trick at FR just to see if it saves some time.

Yeah, I was wondering why you didn't go for top10. You still have a few charts that have no submission. That's easy points, even if you are in the green! <_<

Oh well, I'll save the m1 ones for a rainy day. and some m2 and m3 ones are super hard to do, same goes for m5 in Mad Space and Meteor Herd..

Never again? Well, that reminded me of someone's vid saying it was his *Final Final Rush Video* =D What was it, 2:15.75? Cool to see how that got to a soon-2:07!

Offline X-5

« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2008, 04:12:06 pm »
You did it! Now that you mention it there are quite a few levels I have with nothing.. I just hate those levels so much I never even bothered trying once :( Plus I like to submit at least orange stats, so I did not submit my emblem completions. I will work on them when I want the points bad enough.

Never again? Well, that reminded me of someone's vid saying it was his *Final Final Rush Video* =D What was it, 2:15.75? Cool to see how that got to a soon-2:07!

hehe, well I actually made that video at a point where I thought I was done competing for good therefore I told everybody in the video that it would be my last one. I came back later on, so of course it was not true now. I promise if I get a 2:07 I will never play FR M1 until one of us all finds a shortcut that saves at least a full second. The only exception to this rule is if the 2:07 has a big flaw that makes me see 2:06 as a realistic possibility for me, but I am almost sure this will not be the case. 2:07 will take a clean run and then some!

Oh well, I'll save the m1 ones for a rainy day. and some m2 and m3 ones are super hard to do, same goes for m5 in Mad Space and Meteor Herd..

lets just say they are almost all crazy.....

are there any other records of mine(or others, or maybe even a non-sonic/shadow level but I doubt it) that you are going to play as much as final rush and try to take #1? or is FR the only one? just wondering, cause it'd be cool if you did, but I have a feeling you only really love final rush.

Print

Hits: 19 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.20 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.