don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 695836 times)

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #690 on: October 27, 2009, 08:40:27 am »
Great improvement on SR man ;D, your vid is great, I'm pretty sure you can get this record soon, BTW what about the "Perfect Switch"(I loved this name xD)? It's hard enough to not put it in a run for you? IMO the rest of the stage is pretty much consistent so I think it's worth the risk. But we still need a video for the other people, then I'll try to make it(and the other ones too) this week.

Hey Para, it's been a while since you attempted something in WJ, I have some good news for you :D, remember when I said I had a trick that could make the spring always shoot you past the spring there? So, it's part of the instant spindash trick, do you remember how the vines dropped me faster than normal when I used the trick? That's the same deal with WJ, you just need to do the InstaSpindash trick before that vine, then it'll drop you past the spring. Try this out and tell me if it's working for you.
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 27, 2009, 08:49:12 am »
Yes, the Perfect Switch! I think you misread that, I never said I'm not going to include it in a run, I just said that I don't know how I did it exactly, so I'll have to play the level so many times until I get a really good run and the Perfect Switch works out. Record is going to be mine, I can guarantee you that. The question is only when..
I can't wait for the vids btw!!

And Imma try this instaspindash-vine trick.. see how that works out.. I never thought of something like that before <_< =D

On another positive note though, I found a new timesaver (0.2 seconds roughly) in Sky Rail!! Though it's pretty hard to pull off, but that is usually the case with any new trick.. so yeah ^^

EDIT: 41.42!!!!!
Wooohoooooo, gonna need to rename this level sooner than I thought!! Rail switch was pretty good, but it can be slightly better. I also lost a tiny little bit of time before the last rail. And the 0.2 second timesaver I was talking about before.. no, it doesn't work.. =(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:50:37 pm by finalrush7_ »

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline X-5

« Reply #692 on: October 27, 2009, 01:58:16 pm »
I was doing the instant spindash on WJ the other day when I was playing Mission 5, it didn't help :( Maybe it always works on the other missions though? I never tried on 1 or 3, but I know the spring is much higher on M5, so maybe that is why it did not work.

41.42......very close. INSANELY CLOSE! Who's da "Final Rail" masta! ;)

maybe that will encourage you to go for it.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 27, 2009, 02:10:17 pm »
Haven't had the time to try the trick in WJ, but I'll do that later on and tell you if it worked or not.
Yes, I am insanely close! I know I can get 41.1 if everything works out with an excellent rail switch, and should the "perfect switch" happen then the door beyond 41 is open!
And after I get the record, I'm calling this Final Rail <_<

EDIT:
Actually, screw what I said about the Perfect Switch, with some more testing (I can do it 3 times out of 72 now - 1/24 - roughly 4% success rate) I came to the result that the time saved is definitely in the range of a second..!!
Well, well...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:42:13 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #694 on: October 27, 2009, 03:26:16 pm »
And did you ever think of the possibility that we don't live in the same time zones? Boy that must be a shocker!

MAN THAT IS SHOCKING

WHY IVE NEVER SPOKE TO ANYONE ON MSN IN A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE BEFORE

Lol.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 27, 2009, 03:47:41 pm »
Oh, I see you're a funny guy.

EDIT: Messed up a perfect run with a Perfect Switch. I hate myself, this would have been a sub41 one!!!

EDIT 2: Hmm, so I just had a decent run with the perfect rail switch and got 41.52... Maybe it's not saving a whole second..
Still, a good run and the perfect switch will get me the record! I can already smell it. -.-'
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:15:10 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline Parax

« Reply #696 on: October 27, 2009, 04:09:15 pm »
And did you ever think of the possibility that we don't live in the same time zones? Boy that must be a shocker!

MAN THAT IS SHOCKING

WHY IVE NEVER SPOKE TO ANYONE ON MSN IN A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE BEFORE

Lol.

well if they're in different enough timezones then they won't be online at the same time very often. :/ eg, Cruizer and I would only be online at the same time for like an hour a day if I wasn't nocturnal. tho, I don't think the difference here is that much but it's still valid. And really why do you even care whether they post here or not, it doesn't negatively impact you at all so just leave them alone about it. I don't see any problem with this topic (the name really doesn't make a damn difference).

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 27, 2009, 04:21:58 pm »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One try later:

Even with a small mistake at the end that UNFORTUNATELY cost me a SUB41!!
Pretty perfect run until the rail switch, Perfect Switch naturally, everything else was executed perfectly except that the last hill shot me up, but a quick homing attack and I touched the goal ring. Probably only lost 0.1 seconds or so (yeah, and lost sub41 with that.. <_<)

Still, it feels VERY VERY AWESOME to get a record in a non-Final stage!
I'll definitely record tomorrow and see if I can get something good on camera (and yes, there a high chance I can!).

Offline X-5

« Reply #698 on: October 28, 2009, 01:59:43 pm »
thank you Para(heh) or I guess you'd rather be called umbreon. This topic does hurt no one, I don't know what's wrong with rpg..he always seemed to be a cool guy back in the day but in this topic he's done nothing but try to put us down..no encouragement, nothing..just negativity towards stupid little details and it's just not cool. Can you just cut it out? you may think it makes you look cool to the community(the only reason you do it I assume) but it does not.

From now on: anybody that dislikes and only wants to disrespect us and our topic for whatever reason please don't post. This is the SA2B Competition Discussion topic, regardless of what the topic title is. Our posts are not off-topic. We could change the title at any time, but if ya'll don't mind we'd like to leave it as is because it has lots of sentimental value to us.

I am really out of ways to congratulate you anymore and I feel silly saying the same things over and over..so.. I'll just simply say: YOU DA MASTA! I wanna see you get sub 41 when you go to record, and I am sure you can effortlessly do the M5 record too?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 28, 2009, 02:18:04 pm »
I'm not exactly sure if I can get M5 that easily, but it's definitely coming up next!!

I made a stupid mistakes at work and had to stay a bit longer so I just got home an hour ago.. Of course I immediately went onto recording a run, and I entered the level with 50 lives. After a few practice runs, I set the camera up and I instantly had a perfect run with a perfect switch. I don't know what happened at the end, but I got stuck somewhere and the run was screwed! I still saved the vid should I not get anything better later on.
Then nothing good came out for another 30 runs, but suddenly I had a semi-perfect run (lost 0.1 seconds on the way), but I slightly screwed up at the end again and the final time was 41.30. Again, I saved the vid, should I not get anything better anymore. Well, then I just kinda ran out of lives and now I'm posting this.

Gonna go eat something now, then I'm meeting a friend later on, and I might do some more recording later today, but I fear I won't have much time left when I get home. Though I will say again that you will all see a run better than Jawzun's very soon, and with a bit luck, the broken 41 barrier will be recorded as well (no guarantee for that though <_<)!

I am really out of ways to congratulate you anymore and I feel silly saying the same things over and over..so.. I'll just simply say: YOU DA MASTA!
Thanks Paragod ^_^
I know exactly how you mean it! And it means a lot to me!!

Btw: This is the 700th post!! =)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:14:50 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2009, 03:35:31 pm »
You thought my 2:22 in Final Chase was good? Yeah? Yeah, I thought so, too. But what is this, then? TAS? I call it "Pure Perfection"!

Sky Rail - 40.62

And what's more awesome than this time? Right, the fact that I have it recorded!

Oh man, never would I have thought that such a time would be possible. But seriously, I see absolutely no flaws in this run.
...Still gotta encode/edit the vid, but you can definitely look forward to it!

Offline X-5

« Reply #701 on: October 28, 2009, 03:57:00 pm »
i'm going to die if you do not upload that RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 28, 2009, 04:38:58 pm »
I'm doing my best <_< The vid is over 100 MB big because I got the run like on the 30th life, and encoding that takes some time.. It may even not finish today... :(

- Please don't die =D

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #703 on: October 28, 2009, 05:18:18 pm »
Hey Paraxade, good to see you saying things like that, I think he's angry with this topic 'cause these guys helped me a lot, and now I'm better than him at SA2B xD.

40:62 OMFG!!! This time is awesome! I really, really can't wait for the video :D, you'll get the "times" leadership if you keep playing like this o.O
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 28, 2009, 05:58:49 pm »
Yeah, the times leadership... but this will most probably be a dream forever because of all the mech and hunting levels...

~Video is coming in less than 20 minutes!!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile

Offline X-5

« Reply #706 on: October 28, 2009, 08:30:35 pm »
!!!!!!!!!

The pumpkins were done with insanely smooth precision, no bouncing or any BS. That and the rail switch are the hardest and most impressive parts!

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #707 on: October 29, 2009, 04:54:29 am »
!!!!!!!!!

The pumpkins were done with insanely smooth precision, no bouncing or any BS. That and the rail switch are the hardest and most impressive parts!
Sure!!! That run was extremely perfect man, you did the switch perfectly, just amazing. So... what's your next level to start the PWNAGE?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 29, 2009, 05:02:34 am »
Thanks guys ^_^

I'm not sure what's next, but most probably Sky Rail 5, as long as I have the skill. But I have a hard time finding an optimal route at the beginning, I'm losing a lot of time there I think.. And from what I've read from various comments, it seems that after the rail switch even an AWESOME jump doesn't get you to the higher platform. I was never able to do it, so I guess that must be true?

SR5 aside, I'm definitely beating Paragod's Crazy Gadget record and hope this will act as a little motivation for him (he mentioned something like that briefly in a previous post).
I also want sub1:45 on City Escape, but that is just so damn difficult for me.. <_< I actually have a lot of plans and don't even know where to start. Sub26 in Green Hill for example.

Offline X-5

« Reply #709 on: October 29, 2009, 05:25:52 am »
I made a comment thinking SR5 jump was impossible, but remember I really suck at it on M1 so it may have just been cause I can't do the rail jump well at all. Have you tried with the new perfect rail switch? If it doesn't work with that then it may be impossible.

I think I have the best beginning route, I can help you there if you need it. What I do is fly off the rail landing near the homing-attack twirly thing and go up with that, go up with the next one..then I THINK i went to the platform and did a spindash jump to those rails and hit the next twirly thing, and then I was at the first check. Something like that anyway, if you don't understand i'll play and remember exactly.

I also want sub1:45 on City Escape

Get 1:35, and I'll play again even if I can't stand the BS! :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 29, 2009, 05:47:25 am »
I haven't had a successful Perfect Switch on M5 yet, gonna try that later today. And I think I'm using the same route as you do, but the best time I can reach the first checkpoint at is 0:16. This is already 4 seconds slower compared to M1. That, plus the fact that you lose time after the rail switch on the last platforming section over M1, I'm losing way more than 5 seconds on the way...
Oh well, I'll just play some more today.

1:35 is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE, not only for me, for everyone. I wouldn't even make it with the "one-check speedshoe trick". <_< =D

EDIT: Wow, even Jawzun said that this looked perfect. ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:45:24 am by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

« Reply #711 on: October 29, 2009, 01:50:31 pm »
look who's above you in SR5....bring back any memories? :P The old master of FR!

and curiosity has struck me..because one of the guys who commented on your video said "Go for sub 40 even though it's probably impossible"

What would be harder for you/more impossible? 1:35 CE1 or sub 40 SR1? :P

you'll figure M5 out soon enough.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 29, 2009, 02:31:11 pm »
Yeah, I know that you are above me, CE(and overall) Masta!!
Sure brings good old memories back, but it looks a bit weird that the time was submitted in 2007 <_<

Oh.. very easy question to be honest. Fact is, I can't even describe how impossible 1:35 would be. Impossible, impossibler, impossiblest? Most impossiblest?
The chance of me being the complete time champion is higher than getting such a time.

Also, the chances of sub40 SR1 aren't even THAT off, to be honest. Think back a month or two and tell me who would have thought that even sub41 would be possible? Definitely not me. The same might happen this time. Or a crazy newcomer (I always like to mention that :D) comes around and beats it, or some little tricks are found. The time is at .62 now, a bit more than half a second - one cut and the barrier is in sight!

I also don't want to play any SR1 anymore until something new is found, because should I actually happen to slightly lower my time by 0.1 seconds or so, I'd be pretty pissed off because this is actually the first time I have my best time on video. No 2:07 in Final Rush, and no 2:22 or even 2:25 on Final Chase that were recorded.

Yeah I think as soon as the beginning is down, M5 shouldn't take too long. Though honestly said, I think I need a break from this game, or gaming in general. I work on Mondays-Fridays (always in front of a PC <_<), and I've been playing SA2:B for the last two weeks for more than 5 hours a day!! (More than 8 on weekends). Idk, but it's just a bit too much for me. I've been rubbing my eyes a lot lately. I don't think I'll be playing more than an hour in the next few days/weeks.

Though a few days of rest and finalrush7 is back on track! I've been feeling the urge to do some score attacking lately, so I'm pretty soon gonna submit all my scores probably so I have the better overview on what to concentrate next.
But I also want you to get back into the game, so beating your Crazy Gadget time will in inevitable for me!

Offline X-5

« Reply #713 on: October 29, 2009, 09:04:14 pm »
Yeah, I know that you are above me, CE(and overall) Masta!!

No.., not me. I was talking about Zealous! The old FR Masta! I was just wondering if that brought back any memories being right below him, cause I remember when that was the case in FR when we started talking. You couldn't wait to beat him, (for the silver trophy) and then me!

Impossible, impossibler, impossiblest? Most impossiblest?
heh..cool words :P the firefox built in spell check says they don't exist, but screw what it says! they're cool!

And damn... I figured sub 40 would be impossible for sure but you're saying it can be done with pixel perfection..I understand you not trying for it, and I never expected you to. 40.6 is awesome as is!

Yeah...PC all day and SA2B can mess your eyes up. Fortunately I got something more fun to do nowadays so it's not all pc/tv, and I notice my eyes have been feeling better..and focusing better! I had a hard time playing games in general cause everything seemed blurrier and I had a worse reaction time. That's what sucks about a PC job..you're stuck looking at the damn screen all day, or most of it. I don't think I could do it for that reason, personally.

Speaking of PC's, do you have the monitor's refresh rate set at 70hz or higher? I noticed when I changed mine from 60 to 70 it made a WORLD of difference. The flicker was gone, and it was waaaaaaaaay easier to look at!

Take a break if you need to. Heck me and Brian are, you may as well join in so we're all stopped together! I'm starting to feel a lot better after no SA2B for a few days..odds are i'll end up taking the plunge again :/

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2009, 03:52:46 am »
Oh, it was Zealous you meant! Well, right, you're not the old FR masta, you're still the masta at it =D
I actually didn't even notice Zealous being in front of me... <_<

What I also noticed when I observed Jawzun's vid is that at around 30 seconds, he is 0.8 seconds behind me, yet my final time was only 0.63 better than his. So there is *shudder* some room for improvement. But I'm definitely not going into that!!!

Well, my eyes are still perfectly fine, I have sharp 120% vision on both (just went to the doc yesterday), but they sure did hurt a bit. But it's not the first time that this happened (hmm, November 2008?) so I know it'll be gone within days. Yeah my job is actually a really awesome one, but being 6+ hours in front of a PC sucks. I hate that.. and I'm not sure where to set the refresh rate to 70 hertz..?
But I know about the different you were talking about. My friend just bought the new Panasonic TV with 600 hertz, and damn that thing is like another dimension! Everything is just so clear and fluid and vivid!

Taking a break, yeah. I can't do score attacking for too long until I get pissed off, so that's my next plan! Too bad I forgot to submit my scores yesterday.. <_<

odds are i'll end up taking the plunge again :/
That's awesome to hear! Just make sure to take things slowly in the beginning, especially as the competition is calming down a little bit. And then it'll suddenly go like BOOOM again! <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #715 on: October 30, 2009, 03:17:24 pm »
Yeah of course, the old master Zealous! He had the SR1 record since 10-26-03 the very first DAY TSC existed! He had it for a looooooong time, all the way til 12-03-07, when I took it. He was tied for the longest-standing site record with green hill, until I took GH, then it was #1.

How dare you not notice him above you! You should be paying him your respects! :P

Where are you watching jawzun's sky rail video at?? The best run I can find out of his videos is 45.84....

My eyes can still see above average too, I don't think my sight itself was damaged it just got blurry for a while from being strained all the time.

That's awesome to hear!
no, it sucks!! If I play, it's just a short matter of time until I am yelling at the character for constantly BSing me!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 30, 2009, 04:09:38 pm »
Yeah I honestly didn't notice him.. my bad. But you can't blame me, I'm only looking at the top spot :D

Jawzun has made a big mistake with that, yeah. His run is actually on youtube, but he put in together with one of his 2P vids. Go to his channel and search his videos with the keyword "bonus". It should pop out instantly.

And it doesn't matter if it's just a short amount of time. There's been enough cases where playing after 10 minutes got someone the record (and yes, I'm mainly looking at you, Para) :P

Offline X-5

« Reply #717 on: October 30, 2009, 09:20:33 pm »
Thanks for that, I think I remember the run now but I just forgot where it was since it's quite hidden. The run was a little disappointing after watching yours though :P

You looking at me? Yeah I get 5-10 min records every once in a while..not often enough to make up for the bs though!

Talon has been doing some insane plays recently.. he said he got 25.07 or something on Green hill after just a few minutes, as well as taking my RH2 record within a few more minutes with 36.65. We both see 35 as a slight possibility, provided somebody can make an insanity perfection run..something along the lines of sub 28 FC2 assuming PK seriously does see 27 being possible. He will probably be satisfied with 36.3 or so though once he masters the loop skip. He also got 1:42 on WJ3 but that's not so great. He did take WJ2 to sub 41 though! 40.84!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 31, 2009, 07:32:02 am »
I wouldn't call it disappointing! Just..slightly slower. And the quality is amazing, too!

Well, getting one record makes up for all the BS for me, but I guess that's not the case for you..
I guess you should always only play for 5-10 minutes. Within that short time, you can't get enought BS out of the game to get you in rage, and there's always the chance to smash a record :P

I haven't read what talon said, and I don't wanna doubt him, but 25.07 after a few minutes? I don't know.. I just don't know....!

Offline X-5

« Reply #719 on: November 01, 2009, 12:26:46 am »
Well I played.. look at the 2 new stats. Now we're up to.. 37/41!! (with talon's 2 records)

I also just got the M3 record! Tons of potential left...

You thought that was exciting though? Oh that's nothing compared to one other thing I have to say about WJ....

I FOUND A WAY TO SKIP THE ANNOYING SPRING ON WHITE JUNGLE 100% OF THE TIME

Can you believe it? About time is it not? Not even Brian has figured this out yet, so I must be quite special! Let's just say I was like oh HOLY **** when I realized it was working every single time, it obviously makes white jungle so much better to play. SO MUCH BETTER! EASIER! SO LESS ANNOYING!

It is really simple, but kinda hard to explain.. you just do Brian's insta-dash, and let go of every button except the B button, and as soon as you start swinging you tap the control stick up and the A button in a certain way, and you skip the spring every time. you'll have to play it to figure it out, but notice how when you swing if you tap up or the A button you swing with more force..you gotta tap them the proper amount of times and you always go high/far enough to skip the spring! Seems like if you press them too many times though you fail.

It is definitely awesome though, I have about 80% consistency with it. 4/5 runs will skip the spring! Once mastered, it could go to 100% for sure.

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.21 MB | Time: 0.04s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.