don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 692808 times)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #510 on: October 07, 2009, 02:48:33 am »
by the way FRM( FR masta) did you know according to the forum stats this is the 4th most replied to topic? at around 505 posts now.. the most popular topic is 795, so very soon you will have THE most replied to topic on the site. AWESOME man!!!!!
No, I didn't know that, CEM (CE masta :D)! Though I did notice that we're reaching 20000 views soon.
Where can you see these forum stats?

I sure do love this topic, we have such great discussions! this topic cannot EVER die!
Agreed. Most awesome topic ever.

Yeah! PoT Sa2B surely owe you a big one :D. If you don't started this topic how many records wouldn't be beaten :O
You're right. Final Rush, Final Chase and Pyramid Cave are already down. Not to mention the loop trick of CE. And we found the reason why Metal Harbor's record got down. That's a lot already (and that's not even all, I think), considering mostly a topic revolves about a single level or mission, if at all.

Talking about the loop trick, I can get it done now consistently, so thank you very much, Brian!! It sure helped me. I got a 1:03:65 yesterday with a decent run, that's much better than my rusty and old 1:39 <_<

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #511 on: October 07, 2009, 03:31:02 am »
We had good reasons to delete PoT's SA2B statistics. Please, stop talking nonsense if you don't know what is going on.

I just saw this, and I say BS. Name me 1 good reason why it is a good idea to delete the stats from somebody that is not faking their times? If talon is a cheater, whatever..he seemed innocent to me, but I don't know him so well so it's not impossible that he cheats. But we all know PoT is the real deal, so how in the world can you say his stats justified being deleted??

I'm not losing more time with you. If you think that we TSC's administrators are unfair and don't like the way we deal with things, you are free to leave.

And a minute looks just better than 59 seconds <_< xD

Are you serious? :s I think that 0:59:XX looks way better than 1:00:XX. Breaking barriers is always a good thing.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 07, 2009, 04:29:27 am »
Of course breaking barriers is a good thing and it's awesome for the player who achieved it, but 1:00:xx looks much more attractive in my eyes than a 0:59:xx.

>_<

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #513 on: October 07, 2009, 12:32:24 pm »
Talking about the loop trick, I can get it done now consistently, so thank you very much, Brian!! It sure helped me. I got a 1:03:65 yesterday with a decent run, that's much better than my rusty and old 1:39 <_<
No problem :). BTW Man! Fix this typo in your post, I almost fell off my bed when I saw this time xD.

Where can you see these forum stats?
You can see by clicking in "more stats" at the very bottom of the forum index.

Of course breaking barriers is a good thing and it's awesome for the player who achieved it, but 1:00:xx looks much more attractive in my eyes than a 0:59:xx.

>_<
I have to agree with Zeupar here... when I first got the GF record I really wanted a sub 1:25 run, 'cause I really like to get sub xx:xx:xx. See Radical Highway M3, Rayku haven't said anything here, but I've talked to him and he's still trying to get sub 1 min
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 07, 2009, 03:48:07 pm »
Hmm, what typo? >_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2009, 06:07:20 pm »

:P you must be a GOD, I swear 1:06/1:07 would have to be perfect!

(just kidding of course, we know you meant 1:13)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:16:44 pm by Paragod »

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #516 on: October 07, 2009, 08:07:46 pm »
This, it was supposed to be "13" right? When I saw this I got to the index to see if your time was there, then later I saw the correct time at the New Stats page xD
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline X-5

« Reply #517 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:23 pm »
Well, I wonder what you guys will think of this....

City Escape - Mission 1- 1:37.8 (forgot exact decimal)

I BOUNCED ON ONE OF THE HILLS IN THE TRUCK CHASE!! who knows what I would of had! Mid or maybe even low 1:36 for sure.. maybe 1:35?!?!

Doesn't matter too much anyway because I used checkpoint abuse (check #1) which I got 35.50, a new record for me.

I pretty much just kept playing to see what I'd get, because I was so amazed at a 35.5 first check. Now imagine all this in a checkpoint free run.. 1:35 can happen! I also used Brian's trick on the truck chase, spindashing the first left turn skipping the speed panels.

Is this even possible to do on the U-Turn? I can't see any way to, you run out of spindash charge before you loop around to the next hill plus skillfully its really hard regardless of that limitation.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #518 on: October 08, 2009, 01:28:39 am »
What!!!!! That would be the most awesome run ever(maybe not compared to your 1:36 which was check free), it obviously could be a sub 1:35! I really really want to see it if you have taped it, if you don't want to put it on youtube just upload the file to media fire or something else.

You did it? I only could do it a few times, it saved time for you? I think it wouldn't be a good idea to try to do this in the U turn 'cause it's too hard to do in a great run, I really won't try it if I'm on an amazing run.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 08, 2009, 02:56:13 am »
LOL I read through my post 5 times and didn't see that typo... >_<
XD, getting 1:03 with only a decent run, whereas 1:06 is perfect for you

Also, could it actually be that.... Paragod is IMPROVING?!?!?!????!!??!??!!?!? 1:35 can definitely happen, but will you be as crazy to do that?
How consistent are you at getting that 35.5 checkpoint?

I've been trying the Uturn trick yesterday without any success, you'd have to start the spindash like 1 frame before you touch the first speed panels, and seeing as the camera is in front of you...

I BOUNCED ON ONE OF THE HILLS IN THE TRUCK CHASE!!
You would've already beaten your record if it wasn't for that... :(

Offline X-5

« Reply #520 on: October 08, 2009, 11:00:47 am »
I do have it on tape.

I find that dashing the left turn is actually easier to do than trying to line up with the middle of the road and hit the panels, but the U-Turn seems impossible to me, so I won't be doing that one.

Poor FRM might be going blind :( As hard as we concentrate trying to play this damn game, it's a wonder we're not all blind yet.

How consistent are you at getting that 35.5 checkpoint?

Well it was the first and only time getting .5, so it will probably be quite rare unfortunately. I get get a sub 36 check 80% of the time though if everything goes well. It's usually 35.8 or .9 though, sub .7 is rare.

I would of had a new record for sure, but I used the checkpoint and I used about 40 lives, so I doubt I'd want to submit that over my checkfree run, because it would suck in comparison, even if I did get the 1:35... Yes, I think I am finally improving, getting a perfect checkfree run doesn't seem such a challenge as it used to, I feel that my consistency is going to be better than way back then when I played. 1:35? I think I could actually achieve this without playing for 500 hours like I thought I would have to, maybe 5-10?? but we'll see if I am up for that.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #521 on: October 08, 2009, 11:55:05 am »
It seems that your rush for the FR record gave you some injuries, don't you follow the things that are in the instructions booklet(someone really follow that xD): You need to rest after some hours of play, or else you'll have a seizure that makes you shake like James Brown. Stop doing this or I'll tell your mom.

SERIOUS AGAIN

I do have it on tape.
So can you upload the video file to somewhere, I really want to see the truck part and the part before the first check :D

I find that dashing the left turn is actually easier to do than trying to line up with the middle of the road and hit the panels, but the U-Turn seems impossible to me, so I won't be doing that one.
Really, I haven't tried it so many times, but it seems to be hard for me to do it :/, the U turn is easy for me if you are doing it touching the speed pads, I said it is very hard, but without touching them.

Well it was the first and only time getting .5, so it will probably be quite rare unfortunately. I get get a sub 36 check 80% of the time though if everything goes well. It's usually 35.8 or .9 though, sub .7 is rare.
That's amazing, I usually get a 37 check, and a 36 check is very rare LOL

I would of had a new record for sure, but I used the checkpoint and I used about 40 lives, so I doubt I'd want to submit that over my checkfree run, because it would suck in comparison, even if I did get the 1:35... Yes, I think I am finally improving, getting a perfect checkfree run doesn't seem such a challenge as it used to, I feel that my consistency is going to be better than way back then when I played. 1:35? I think I could actually achieve this without playing for 500 hours like I thought I would have to, maybe 5-10?? but we'll see if I am up for that.
Yeah, your 1:36 run would still be better, but if you feel you can beat it in a check free run, then do it! We really want to see you beating a near unbeatable run again :D

PS:I'm sure it would be a 1:34 instead of 1:35, you flied off the hill once, and even if you corrected the mistake fast, you probably lost more than 1 second.

Offline X-5

« Reply #522 on: October 08, 2009, 09:35:31 pm »
XD briiiiiiiiiiaaaaan's non-serious mode was funny :P

I got a new record today...unfortunately not a level record, but I got to the first check on CE1 in 35.32! What a jump, everything felt really perfect. I used 70 lives and tried to get a 1:35, but of course no luck. :( Just for fun of course, I wouldn't dare submit a 1:35 that had me using 70 lives ;)

So can you upload the video file to somewhere, I really want to see the truck part and the part before the first check :D

I'll definitely upload CE5 1:40, and my new CE beginning run (first check 35.32) for you, but unfortunately it will probably be a while thanks to some technical issues :(

Really, I haven't tried it so many times, but it seems to be hard for me to do it :/, the U turn is easy for me if you are doing it touching the speed pads, I said it is very hard, but without touching them.

I can do the U-turn if I touch the pads too, but otherwise it's either impossible or far beyond my ability. I think touching the pads is a big waste of time anyway though, you gotta do it padless.

Nah there's no way flying off the hill cost me a 1:34, it would of been a high 1:35 at very best. Remember I got 1:37.8, 2 seconds lost is 1:35.8. Since I didn't go very high in the air, I didn't lose as much time as you'd think.

I'll try my very best for a perfect checkfree 1:35, but failing that a low-mid 1:36 would be a nice improvement :)

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #523 on: October 09, 2009, 12:38:26 am »
I got a new record today...unfortunately not a level record, but I got to the first check on CE1 in 35.32! What a jump, everything felt really perfect. I used 70 lives and tried to get a 1:35, but of course no luck. :( Just for fun of course, I wouldn't dare submit a 1:35 that had me using 70 lives ;)
Great first check :O, I really though your 35.5 check was far beyond perfection, BTW you used the same strategy from your 1:36 run to get a 35 first check?

I'll definitely upload CE5 1:40, and my new CE beginning run (first check 35.32) for you, but unfortunately it will probably be a while thanks to some technical issues :(
Awesome, no matter how much time it takes, but I really can't wait for them >_<

Nah there's no way flying off the hill cost me a 1:34, it would of been a high 1:35 at very best. Remember I got 1:37.8, 2 seconds lost is 1:35.8. Since I didn't go very high in the air, I didn't lose as much time as you'd think.
Yeah, maybe you're right, sometimes when you have so much speed you don't fly so high, and you can get to the floor faster.

I'll try my very best for a perfect checkfree 1:35, but failing that a low-mid 1:36 would be a nice improvement :)
Go for it man! Even if you get a low 1:36 first, you'll get a 1:35 anyway :D. I'm sure you'll get your 1:35 soon, don't give up Paragod sensei.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 09, 2009, 04:27:42 am »
It seems that your rush for the FR record gave you some injuries, don't you follow the things that are in the instructions booklet(someone really follow that xD): You need to rest after some hours of play, or else you'll have a seizure that makes you shake like James Brown. Stop doing this or I'll tell your mom.
Yeah, I still have post-traumatic mental disortion issues. Sure, the record was very important to me, but I guess I shouldn't have played for 2 months straight without eating or going out. xD
And I thought getting the record would be some sort of cure.. oh boy I was wrong!

serious again

Say, Paragod, when I started this topic, what would you have said if I told you that your CE1 record could go to 1:35? Or that your first check alone could be improved by a whole second?
I mean WTF? 35.32 first check? For a second I though you were joking, that's like one of the biggest improvements considering your 1:36 looked perfect at the time!

Btw, I'm going to make the absolutely ridicolous assumption of CE1 once going sub1:30! If it happens, you can call me THE ONE WHO SAW IT COMING. If it doesn't happen, then I'm just a crazy idiot.
Also, I'm basing said assumption off of absolutely nothing.

EDIT: 20000 views!! Celebration time?

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #525 on: October 09, 2009, 02:17:13 pm »
Btw, I'm going to make the absolutely ridicolous assumption of CE1 once going sub1:30! If it happens, you can call me THE ONE WHO SAW IT COMING. If it doesn't happen, then I'm just a crazy idiot.
Also, I'm basing said assumption off of absolutely nothing.
It's a near impossible thing to happen, but as I said: Near impossible, Paragod can get 1:35 now, even sub 1:35 if everything goes perfectly, if we find some new tricks or improve the ones we already have, maybe he'll be able to get this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING INCREDIBLE AND EVERYTHING ELSE TIME :D

EDIT: 20000 views!! Celebration time?
Great! The number of replies is growing fast too, we'll have the 2nd most replied topic before the end of the year!!!

Offline X-5

« Reply #526 on: October 09, 2009, 08:41:40 pm »
Great first check :O, I really though your 35.5 check was far beyond perfection, BTW you used the same strategy from your 1:36 run to get a 35 first check?

exact some thing, just more optimization. I think half of the difference comes from the boarding part, on my 1:36 the boarding must have been bad since I landed at 27.0, usually I can land at sub 27, maybe 26.6-.8 or so.

Say, Paragod, when I started this topic, what would you have said if I told you that your CE1 record could go to 1:35? Or that your first check alone could be improved by a whole second?
I mean WTF? 35.32 first check? For a second I though you were joking, that's like one of the biggest improvements considering your 1:36 looked perfect at the time!

Well, I would say you're right if you told me it could go to 1:35, I knew it was possible the instant I got my 1:36 :P But I never thought it'd be within my reach, for sanity reasons. About 35.32, I'd probably of said it was possible since I on average got 35.8 checks when I was going for 1:36, so surely perfection and optimization could take it to 35.3, maybe even sub 35 perhaps if you do the B+A strategy on the set of rails after the boxes.

I was going to play some CE3 tonight but my mind doesn't feel like concentrating right now and all I can do isscrew up, it's kinda telling me "oh please not this again tonight.. maybe tomorrow" :P

Great! The number of replies is growing fast too, we'll have the 2nd most replied topic before the end of the year!!!

That will be so awesome!!! We should have the #1 spot soon thereafter, dominating once and for all time as the most popular topic to ever live on this site!!

Offline X-5

« Reply #527 on: October 09, 2009, 09:13:05 pm »
I did manage to play some radical highway though....(for about 10 mins) and M3 gave me  1:00.32! I got such a great improvement because I had a crazy time on the first check, faster than I've ever seen..and I don't even jump on the boxes, I just use the pulley.

What first check did you have Brian? it's hard to tell from your video but it seems like it may be a little slower than mine...so maybe sub 1 min can be done!

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #528 on: October 10, 2009, 02:12:19 pm »
exact some thing, just more optimization. I think half of the difference comes from the boarding part, on my 1:36 the boarding must have been bad since I landed at 27.0, usually I can land at sub 27, maybe 26.6-.8 or so.
Oh great, I need to work on my beginning, my first check is 37 in average :/

I was going to play some CE3 tonight but my mind doesn't feel like concentrating right now and all I can do isscrew up, it's kinda telling me "oh please not this again tonight.. maybe tomorrow" :P
It's so frustating to me when I want to play but I simply don't want to do the same thing again, and again, and again, that's why I'm posting less times than I usually do(not to mention I have some very old times to submit)

That will be so awesome!!! We should have the #1 spot soon thereafter, dominating once and for all time as the most popular topic to ever live on this site!!
I wish we had more dudes with us here :D

I did manage to play some radical highway though....(for about 10 mins) and M3 gave me  1:00.32! I got such a great improvement because I had a crazy time on the first check, faster than I've ever seen..and I don't even jump on the boxes, I just use the pulley.

What first check did you have Brian? it's hard to tell from your video but it seems like it may be a little slower than mine...so maybe sub 1 min can be done!
Good to see you playing RH again :), you got too close to the record, did you know rayku already got the record? He don't submitted it 'cause he said he would do this only if he got sub 1 min, he got too close, his time is 1:00:02 LOL. My best first check was on the chao mission, if you watch the video frame by frame you'll see that when I jump from the check, the timer changes to 26:72, so I got something like 26:67 or :69, this means you have the best first check in RH xD

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 10, 2009, 03:36:32 pm »
Oh, it's been a few posts, eh?

Paragod's new RH3 time is just awesome, he can take it sub1, I'm sure.

Oh well, I didn't feel like playing too much the last few days, but that changed today. What a mistake that I started with CE5. I was just able to confirm that I absolutely hate City Escape 5!! Even though I was able to get a decent time after like 50 tries, I still hate it. That set me in a bad mood and I wasn't able to do anything anymore.

On the good side, I've studied yoshi's FC2 video and noticed a lot of small parts that could get me the record. We'll see..
Also, I was able to get a 36 check for the first time in CE :D - too bad I fucked up not even 5 seconds later <_<

I wish we had more dudes with us here :D
I actually like it as it is. We got 200+ views in the last 2 days, so that's definitely a good sign. It just seems that most of the people who read this topic don't have anything worthwhile to say <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #530 on: October 10, 2009, 04:25:35 pm »
From what I see in your CE video Brian you definitely make lots of mistakes at the beginning and still got 37, you can take it much lower.

Paragod's new RH3 time is just awesome, he can take it sub1, I'm sure.

I hope I can, I am almost required to if I want to beat Rayku! 1:00.02 is crazy.. he must have been VERY upset with this run since 59 is his goal :P I can definitely see improvement, I just have to make it to the first check at 26.6 again.. I know you think 1:00 looks better than 59, but personally I am all about getting the sub. I think subs are just awesome to go for, especially when its a minute barrier..59 would be awesome and the time itself would just be so perfect! When I got sub 1:01 I swore it was perfect and under 1:00 would unfortunately never happen even with TAS, but now it's a reality..wow!
thanks to brian/yoshi tricks :P

FRM man.. WHAT IN THE WORLD did CE5 do to upset you so much?!

I FUCKING HATE THIS FUCKING LEVEL!!!! GODDAMN IT

Wow! I know it's not as fun as M1, but it's not that much harder.. you went crazy with that comment! You seem to be more upset with the level than I get when I play for too long, which says a lot cause I get close to wanting to just take the game disc and destroy it! I need to calm down if I ever want to be as good as I was :(

Yeah FC2 must be able to go a fair amount lower.. I am really bad at the mission but I still got fairly close.

I like it how it is too, I don't like outsiders posting useless junk that has nothing to do with the game's competition, especially the ones that don't even play. I like it when new players join our elite group though, but sometimes we get a good player and...certain...uhh..people(??)...make them....disappear....for no good reason. I say ?? because of how... inhumanly idiotic and unfair they are, but me and FRM know all about that and only talk about it via PM so we don't get unfairly banned ;)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 10, 2009, 05:09:28 pm »
Well Para, you could beat that guy and get a time of exactly one minute. :D

I don't know that CE5 did to me. I guess it's because I palyed M1 so many times (500+), my reflexes don't see all the different stuff coming, even if my brain orders my fingers to press a certain button. Also, I don't have the exact timing to destroy that robot blocking my path upstairs at around 0:50 for me <_<

I'm soon gonna try for the FC2 record, sub32 is definitely possible. Only thing that giving me trouble is the line of 4 rings on the tube near the end. Usually, when I light dash them, I get sent flying or get stuck somewhere and 3 seconds later Shadow falls to earth <_<
Gotta find out how to get around that..

Ooops Paragod, you crossed the line. You said WAY TOO MUCH! Have fun being banned ^_^

EDIT: Achieved sub1:17 on MH!!! AWESOMENESS! That was for you, Paragod..!

EDIT 2: I'm...improving? Green Forest? Seriously? No way, the MH time wasn't just a fluke?
I adjusted some display settings, mostly color and abstract on my TV and noticed how everything became much more beautiful :D
I was just playing through all Sonic/Shadow levels again to see how much more beautiful they had gotten, and I must say I'm really liking the green of Green Forest. >_< I thought why not speedrun it quickly for the hell of it? Man, I could even take this to sub1:32 (and maybe will)!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:10:52 pm by PoT »

Offline X-5

« Reply #532 on: October 10, 2009, 09:23:19 pm »
1:16.50 on metal harbor for GC is AWESOME! Well done man! Yeah, sub 1:17 was my target for you and it's now accomplished! Great progress on FC2 as well, you've just about got it already.. a second and a half... 1:34 in the forest is great, I think my time was 1:32 something, but Brian just recently said he had a low 1:30 on GC and was gonna go for 1:29 which is crazy, but as I can see doable.

sounds like you're much more happy, and successful than you were last night with your uhh.. CE5 hellishly frustrated comment :P

Well Para, you could beat that guy and get a time of exactly one minute. :D

Knowing my luck, that's exactly what will happen. 1:00.00.

Only thing that giving me trouble is the line of 4 rings on the tube near the end. Usually, when I light dash them,

Yeah I remember having problems something like that, I'd dash the rings and fall off the tube for no reason. I think that's how it happened anyway... it's been years since I touched that mission. There were a few other things that made it hard for me too so I played a little while for something decent and never looked back. I'm WAY better now than I was back that far though..maybe i'll try it again if I feel like it.

wow, I got that time on 10-03-06!! yeah, I REALLY sucked back then..... man..it should be easy to improve!

Ooops Paragod, you crossed the line. You said WAY TOO MUCH! Have fun being banned ^_^

I sure did! *Feels almighty* if anyone bans me, be prepared to face a hellishly scary wrath of the PARAGOD! In other words, they will regret it for the rest of their life so I should be safe.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 10, 2009, 09:37:52 pm »
Yes, I was really happy and even shocked of myself when I got that. I mean, first try at MH? I didn't play that level for over two weeks. That would even be a 1:15 on DC.

FC2 will be mine soon, I can assure you (just look at my awesome comment that came with the stat :D), yoshifan did lose quite some time going uphill at the beginning. While I hate to be the copycat, his strategy has no flaws, so that's the only thing I can do.
Same goes for FR2 once I attack Brian's record (won't be too soon I believe).

Yeah I remember Brian saying something about wanting to get a 1:29 on GC which would be really awesome (so the DC invisible floor saves 5.5 seconds?).
I don't know, I don't remember my 1:34 run (bad memory? <_<) to good anymore, but I somehow have the feeling that I can get it lower, much lower. Perhaps 1:31?
Ahh man, too bad that's another DC only trick involved. Oh well, not like I'd have any chance a the record anyways. >_<

I know you'd hate it, but I'd LOVE IT if you could get a clear one minute on RH3. ^_^ pleasedon'tkillme

Yeah this damn chain of rings has already ended some really good runs of mine. Damn them, I'll find a way around it. I'LL FIND A WAY!

From what I remember from your stats, a lot of them seem to be pretty old. You should go improve some :D

I sure did! *Feels almighty*
HA! I hope they ban you, and then ban Brian, and SM and yoshi and blazest and whoever else is in my way of the SA2 championship! muahahahahahha

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #534 on: October 11, 2009, 12:29:20 am »
Oh well, I didn't feel like playing too much the last few days, but that changed today. What a mistake that I started with CE5. I was just able to confirm that I absolutely hate City Escape 5!! Even though I was able to get a decent time after like 50 tries, I still hate it. That set me in a bad mood and I wasn't able to do anything anymore.
I don't like this mission so much too, but calm down, or else you'll break something like I did(I broke my room's door with a strong kick) when I got my first sub 1:25 in MH xD

On the good side, I've studied yoshi's FC2 video and noticed a lot of small parts that could get me the record. We'll see..
Also, I was able to get a 36 check for the first time in CE :D - too bad I fucked up not even 5 seconds later <_<
Great to see you wanting this record, if you get it make sure you'll get a great time, 'cause this one was on my wanting list :D, also it's a great thing that you're making progress with CE too :D

I actually like it as it is. We got 200+ views in the last 2 days, so that's definitely a good sign. It just seems that most of the people who read this topic don't have anything worthwhile to say <_<

I like it how it is too, I don't like outsiders posting useless junk that has nothing to do with the game's competition, especially the ones that don't even play. I like it when new players join our elite group though, but sometimes...(let's stop here, no one want more problems to anyone)
Looking from this perspective, you guys are right, good things doesn't need to be changed.

From what I see in your CE video Brian you definitely make lots of mistakes at the beginning and still got 37, you can take it much lower.
For sure, that video was only a test, I don't make those mistakes on good runs(that's why they're called good xD), but even when I don't make mistakes, my best was 36:22.

I'm soon gonna try for the FC2 record, sub32 is definitely possible. Only thing that giving me trouble is the line of 4 rings on the tube near the end. Usually, when I light dash them, I get sent flying or get stuck somewhere and 3 seconds later Shadow falls to earth <_<
Gotta find out how to get around that..
Yeah this damn chain of rings has already ended some really good runs of mine. Damn them, I'll find a way around it. I'LL FIND A WAY!
I have the answer to your question FRM, it's quite simple: You just need to get the first ring in the chain, then light dash the other ones with the control stick released(like the 2nd chain of rings in MH). That's what I do, and it always work for me :D

I'm...improving? Green Forest? Seriously? No way, the MH time wasn't just a fluke?
I adjusted some display settings, mostly color and abstract on my TV and noticed how everything became much more beautiful :D
I was just playing through all Sonic/Shadow levels again to see how much more beautiful they had gotten, and I must say I'm really liking the green of Green Forest. >_< I thought why not speedrun it quickly for the hell of it? Man, I could even take this to sub1:32 (and maybe will)!
so the DC invisible floor saves 5.5 seconds?

It's so great to see you being interested about GF man, I really want to see what you can get in this stage :D, yeah I talked about doing a sub 1:30 run(I got 1:30:10 the last time I played), which is great since I can't play on DC :/, but that's not my real goal, my goal is a sub 1:29 run, 'cause I want to tie the time that made me go to the LD and meet Paragod, at that time, something like this would be flat out crazy! But I can see it happening :D. Also, the floor trick saves at least 8 seconds, I compared my run with yoshifan's one, and I was 8 seconds or so faster than him due to the trick, and I got stuck on the floor once :D. Now it's up to you and Paragod to make the calculations and see the full potential of GF in DC xD

BTW Paragod, He's totally right, if you submit new times for the missions you don't play since 2006, you'll get higher in the rankings with ease

HA! I hope they ban you, and then ban Brian, and SM and yoshi and blazest and whoever else is in my way of the SA2 championship! muahahahahahha
Oh... you're so MAD man... please, do anything with me but let my family alone T-T

LOL Edit: I haven't seen your comment PoT, I LOL'd hard xD

Offline X-5

« Reply #535 on: October 11, 2009, 12:39:24 am »
I'll reply to you two's post later or tomorrow, I got such exciting news I can only say this right now:

Radical Highway M3 59.97!!!!!

26.50 check, obviously a much better optimized ending!! Awesome!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:46:22 am by Paragod »

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #536 on: October 11, 2009, 12:50:27 am »
OMFG!!! I just can't believe this :O, how? when? who? Stop playing CE man, if you keep doing well like this, I'll have no time records at the end of the month xD. Got any video? Checkfree? Are you happy? Your heart still beats? I have some chance of surviving if I don't go to the hospital? Why can't I stop writing shit?

Gre..t

tim..

..ude

I thi..k

som....ing is

hap......ing

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
itt Hypocrisy
« Reply #537 on: October 11, 2009, 01:04:47 am »
I like it when new players join our elite group though, but sometimes we get a good player and...certain...uhh..people(??)...make them....disappear....for no good reason. I say ?? because of how... inhumanly idiotic and unfair they are, but me and FRM know all about that and only talk about it via PM so we don't get unfairly banned ;)

I sure did! *Feels almighty* if anyone bans me, be prepared to face a hellishly scary wrath of the PARAGOD! In other words, they will regret it for the rest of their life so I should be safe.

Let's put it like this. This topic is about how much time it costs a player to respawn from a checkpoint in Sonic Adventure 2. That discussion was done a long time ago, and since then you guys have made approximately 500 off-topic, grammar-raping posts, as well as directly mocking the site administrators in your last few posts. Yet... you're not banned. For you guys of all people to say that we're too hard on bans is hypocritical beyond belief.

Do I have any power over the rankings? No. Do I know methods of catching BS? Yes. I know that although we do have to be speculative sometimes, we have several failproof ways of catching liars, and the amount of incorrect bans is much smaller than you think it is.

Also, I made your opinion of us bigger. If you're going to post it for the whole of the Internet to see, grow some balls first, or perhaps start your own rankings site where tiny text is cool and cheaters roam free.

EDIT: The grammar isn't the Queen's English, but it's not the mess I thought it was. My point stands, though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:12:56 am by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #538 on: October 11, 2009, 01:35:25 am »
Man... let's stop this discussion, I know you guys have real reasons for banning people(even though at least talon and zeronebula have some video proof for some times they got), also Paragod and PoT if you have sent a PM to SonicAD, and read his reply, I'm sure you guys have no reason for blaming them so hard.

PoT they banned you once, but what happened to you was a great amount of stupid things happening one after another, your topic gone the way most of the BSer's ones go(even you're not being a BSer :/), that's why they deleted your stats.

Do you remember this?

I sent you a PM but reconsidered that there was no need and deleted it from the database. Apparently I didn't do a thorough job, lol.

Those shots are great, thanks.

When you posted some pics, Rolken forgot(I think) everything and talked to you like everybody else does now :D. That's what I'm trying to say, when they catch someone, if you look like a BSer, they'll have to do something, but if you prove yourself to them like you did(A little late but did), no one will come after you without good reasons.

Offline X-5

« Reply #539 on: October 11, 2009, 01:35:46 am »
I was about to say man it's just a message board, you're supposed to just be yourself and have fun. In regards to how well written your post is, you are just supposed to say what's on your mind. Sometimes I write a post properly, sometimes I just type up something real quick, either way it should not matter as long as everything is strung together properly and doesn't strain someone to read.

About your point.. I apologize for "attacking the admins" but you have to understand I was simply frustrated at the way Zeupar treated me. Like I said I simply asked why ban someone who is completely honest, and he doesn't give me an answer, he just tells me I am a waste of time and to leave if I don't like it..that's not the way an admin should act towards it's members..not at all.

I know nobody can be foolproof in determining whether someone is cheating or not. To make matters more complicated people can cheat, and then someday be more morally correct and want to play honestly, but still get banned again anyway. I think that's what happened with Talon, because he has a few great videos of his SA2B times up on his page. I still believe he is honest. But I'll let you guys determine what to do with him, maybe you can give him another chance some day.

About the off-topicness, well yeah but we could always rename the topic to "SA2B Competition Discussion" Since we talk about anything and everything, but we recently opted to keep the name the same because it's cool and classic.

Hopefully you understand what I said here.. I don't attack people without a good reason.

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.25 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.