don't click here

possible time saver in Metal Harbor

Print

Author Topic: possible time saver in Metal Harbor  (Read 4990 times)

Offline Keeta

possible time saver in Metal Harbor
« on: July 27, 2008, 01:53:28 am »
I'm new to this place and Sonic in general, so I'm not exactly sure if this is new, if it saves time, or if it's even in the speed run route.

Well anyways, I know about the really high bounce trick against the wall in SA2B. I'm not sure if it's just me, but you have to be at a somewhat far distance to use it, then spend a few frames jumping and bouncing. But in Metal harbor, you can get a similar result by standing on the square platforms attatched to the red crates and spindashing while pushing the control stick against the crate. The only place this can probably be of use is at the first pulley in Metal Harbor. Once you skip the weird half loop thing and jump over the ramp at the end of it, immediately jump to the right and land behind the red crate, and without wasting time, spindash while holding down on the control stick. There's nowhere near the 2nd pulley where this would work. Unless a fully-charged spin could potentially skip both pulleys (I haven't tested this trick much).

For all I know, the normal superbounce or even just taking the pulley is faster, I'm not sure.

At least this could be used in a hero-side story speedrun because you wouldn't have the bounce ball by Metal Harbor.

Offline X-5

Re: possible time saver in Metal Harbor
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:46:06 pm »
That would not save time even in a hero story run, but it is something new to me. I have never seen such a high spindash or spindash jump before(and I have made thousands of them!)

I am guessing the game treats that as a slope going straight up(or very close to it) and gives you one heck of a jump, it looks cool to do!

Offline Stefan

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 10:46:58 pm »
haha this is fun, I used to do this all the time. Anyway, yeah, no time saved. sorry :(

Offline Keeta

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 12:49:08 am »
I thought so. It seemed kind of slow anyways.

Offline Azure

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 08:40:31 am »
YOU SHOULD BE COMPETING IN SONIC ADVENTURE 2.

YOU SEEM TO HAVE SUFFICIENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPEED TECHNIQUES.

Offline Keeta

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 02:07:05 pm »
YOU SHOULD BE COMPETING IN SONIC ADVENTURE 2.

YOU SEEM TO HAVE SUFFICIENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPEED TECHNIQUES.
I honestly can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or desperate.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 02:47:17 pm »
It's Azure.  He very quickly gets upset when he finds out someone has a game and isn't competing in it.  Read: Desperate.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Print

Hits: 59 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.