don't click here

The House That Had Enough

Print

Author Topic: The House That Had Enough  (Read 4963 times)

Offline X-5

The House That Had Enough
« on: December 17, 2007, 11:48:35 pm »
lmao i was lookin through random books in my personal library thing and I decided to read one cuz I was bored and even tho it is aimed at kids it was pretty funny so I decided to post it here

The house that had enough. A big little golden book!

One morning Anne woke up on the floor with a big BUMP.

Anne looked up. Her bad was standing over her.

"I've had enough," said the bed. "You never make me. You jump up and down on me. I'm going someplace where people will take better care of me."

Then the bed ran out of the room. Anne was very surprised.

"What a strange way to start the day," she thought.
Suddenly Anne's dirt clothes stood up. Her favorite shirt said, "you wear us everyday.  You get us dirty and tear holes in us. You don't fold or wash us. You just throw us on the floor. We've had enough, too. Let's go, clothes!"

The clothes ran out of the room

Anne sat on the floor. Her pillow sat beside her.
"You've always been nice to me," the pillow said. "You hold me at night. I'll stay with you, Anne." "Thank you," said Anne.

Anne went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. But when she reached for her toothbrush, it jumped away. "You don't rinse me out," said the toothbrush. "You leave little pieces of toothpaste in me." The toothpaste added, "I get dry and crusty because you don't put my cap back on."

When Anne reached for the soap it said, "You leave water in my dish. I'm slippery all the time!" "You don't hang us up to dry after you use us," said the towels. "We're always damp." And with that, the toothbrush, the toothpaste, the soap, and the towels ran out of the bathroom.

By this time Anne was getting hungry. She wanted breakfast. So she went into the kitchen to make a peanut butter-and-pickle sandwich. But when Anne reached for the refrigerator door, the refrigerator jumped away. "Anne," the refrigerator said, "you let milk spill in me. You leave the lid off the pickle jar. I smell terrible now. I'm leaving!"

Anne looked around the kitchen. The spoons, knives, forks, dishes, and glasses had lined up on the floor. "I suppose you're leaving, too," Anne said. "You never wash us a after you use us," said one of the spoons. "We just can't take it anymore!"

They all ran out.

Anne sat down next to her pillow. "What next?" she asked.

Just then, Anne's favorite doll walked by. She pulled Anne's other toys in a wagon. "You don't put us away," the doll said. "We get stepped on. It just isn't safe here."

The doll ran out the front door, pulling the wagon behind her.

Anne followed her doll to the door and looked out. She saw her hammer running off. It called to Anne, "You used me to hammer the sidewalk!"

Anne saw the garbage cans, her bike, and a can of paint following the hammer.

"You pound us like drums!" the garbage can said.
"You ride me down the stairs!" the bike said.
"You used me to paint the front lawn!" the can of paint said.

Anne and her pillow went outside and watched the hammer and can of paint disappear around the corner. Suddenly there was a load CRUNCH! Anne turned around. Her house was standing up.

"You slam my doors when you're angry," the house said.
"You leave my windows open when it rains. You hang posters on my walls with pins. Well, young lady, this house has has quite enough!" "I had no idea everything was so mad at me," Anne said. "I can take better care of my things. Honest!" "She can!" the pillow added.

"Well, I do feel kind of empty now that all your things have left," the house said. "Maybe I can talk them into coming back. But first, promise me you'll take better care of us." "I promise!" shouted Anne. "I'll see what I can do," said the house, and it ran off.

A little while later, the house returned with Anne's things inside it. "Now do as you promised," the house said. "I will!" Anne shouted. "Thank you, house. You won't regret this."  She ran inside.

Anne cleaned the refrigerator.
She washed the dishes.
Anne put the cap on the toothpaste.
She rinsed out her toothbrush.
Anne folded her clothes and put them away/
She made her bed.
She put her toys away.
She was busy all day long. Now it was time for bed.

Anne curled up in her warm bed. She looked around her neat, clean room. "Isn't it great to have everything back?" she asked her pillow. The pillow smiled and said, "It sure is, Anne. Good night and sleep well!"

And Anne did.

and so her house and all the stuff inside it lived happily for... well the book doesn't say how long but we can assume forever.  great little story huh?  reading books aimed at ages of 5 or so is actually cool.. and writing it here taught me alot about proper writing! xd but damn my finger sure hurts.. proper writing(typing) sucks! for that reason!!

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
Re: The House That Had Enough
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 02:39:05 pm »
The house pwned Anne. The pwnage was too much for Anne so she turned into a good girl! :O

Offline Rolken

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:42:51 pm »
I'm Rolken and I endorse this message.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline PsyMar

• Really going to play Sonic again. Someday.
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 02:43:56 pm »
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
Let me tell you something about the human race. You put a mysterious blue box slap-bang in the middle of town, whadda you do? Walk past it.

"When you're going through hell, keep going." -- Winston Churchill

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 02:45:18 pm »
I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON HERE

Offline eggFL

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 05:18:58 pm »
What was the point of posting this. o.o

Although it reminds me of this sick children's book I once read (while babysitting) in which a boy takes a sword and cuts off the head of a cat anthro queen.

I immediately thought of the idea of borrowing the book from them and scanning it and posting it on 4chan or something for kicks, since it no doubt get a good response. Although I gave up on the idea since, I should do it sometime and post it here too.

Print

Hits: 79 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.20s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.