don't click here

My life, onos srs topic.

Print

Author Topic: My life, onos srs topic.  (Read 5040 times)

Offline P.P.A.

My life, onos srs topic.
« on: August 13, 2007, 05:52:12 am »
My life has been shit lately. My health is getting worse, if I try and do something against it (go for a walk), I feel bad which leads to me doing even less and my fitness dropping further. It's like a circle of doom. I have to admit I am lazy, and instead of complaining I should do something for my health - it doesn't just fly by. But my problem is, I simply don't have a reason to get healthier. I do not fear death, because I have nothing to really live for. When I lived with my grandparents, I had this. They gave me the feeling of being loved, I would want to survive just to make them happy. But then my parents and the youth department forced my away from them; I can only see them twice in a month or so. I now lived with my parents for about half a year, with my health continously dropping. All I do all day is sitting in front of this fucking computer, so that's no big surprise. I don't like my parents enough to give me a reason to fight, and although my life is pretty unsatisfying I can't be bothered to change it - why should I? Who gives a fuck about whether my times in some crappy Sonic games are good or bad? Who'd really care if I was gone?

What I need in my life is a goal. Something to fight for, something worth living. It can be something stupid, like world domination for example. But something that requires me to raise my lazy ass off the chair and do something for me, my health, and my goal. But I couldn't find anything so far...

The second thing is once I have such a goal, how do I get healthier.
Any suggestions? Sports? Meditation?
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Re: My life, onos srs topic.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 05:57:59 am »
*Smacks PPA*

Don't talk like that!

If you don't have a job, then get a job.  If you do, then try to improve in that job.  Find something you may enjoy and do it.  Or if you can't, persevere until you can.  Something's bound to happen sooner or later.
Hi

Offline X-5

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 06:47:20 am »
I can probably help you out alot since I (was) kinda in your position, only I had different upsets and I was far from the point of hoping for death(Though i'm not afraid to die either,unless its torture something)

First off, the most simple yet effective advice I can give you is to look at the positive things in your life and block out the negatives. This was one of my major problems, I always looked at things from the worst case scenario and it was hell. Eventually, you should be at the point where you can look at the positives and accept the negatives, which is a good point to be at because sometimes blocking them completely is a bad idea depending on the situation, but for the time being blocking them is your best bet. I know it sounds like generic advice but honestly just take some time and just do it, it DOES help.

I'm lazy too, but thats fine since its just a characterisitic/trait. I am lazy when it comes to doing anything for myself(i'll do it eventually tho lol) yet when someone asks me to do something i'll jump on it instantly, i dunno why. maybe its like that for you.

About your goals, well, if you can't think of any ideas that will induce motiviation other than playing for sonic times then why not do that? you are like 15 or 16 right? as far as I know life has no true "meaning" or goal other than to maybe have your own family. you are far from ready for that, so just do whatever you want in the meantime. If you like playing sonic for fast times and you enjoy it then do it, there is no harm in that since for me atleast accomplishing something gives you that rewarding feeling, which is something to be proud of regardless of what it is that you have accomplished.. If you feel that no one else cares about your sonic times odds are it isn't true, and if it is then play something that everyone else plays and do well in it(records records records!)

Getting a job isn't going to directly help you, if you don't think of a job as a "goal" nor want one at the time, well think about it- it will only make your situation much worse.

About your health.. well theres no excuses here, you need to be doing SOMETHING that involves more movement than your hand and eyes. The reason taking a walk doesn't work is because its just plain out boring probably.¦nbsp; If you like sports find one you like and thats probably many good hours a day which would suffice, do that. If you don't like them thats fine too, if you don't like them you don't have to, and don't let anyone make you think "omg you don't have a life" or something because of it. You should do what you enjoy, and no one has a right to insult you for that.

when I was 16 I was like you, I may not of been at the PC all day but I did sit around in front of the tv playing on it instead, and at one point I could not even stand up without feeling like I was going to die. That part of my life sucked, I slowly got better though and at around 17 I was fairly normal psyically, and since then I make sure to get atleast 2-3 hours outside everyday. If you like in the country like me thats easy, you can find all kinds of things to do. If you can't use your imagination =) Make believe something is there, pretend, anything that seems fun and keeps you motivated to stay active. If you are in a city, well it sucks worse there since you won't have as much ground to play with most likely but it could work if you have some friends. As an added benefit, I know my gameplay skill level has increased by far compared to had I not ever gotten outside.

And like quartz said, something will come up, just try to have fun until then, don't waste your life sitting there thinking it sucks, do something (FUN) thats the keyword here.

I hope that helps you out man, I had no idea you had felt like this, you always seem pretty happy by the way you post. if you are unsure of something still or have more questions shoot away, I'd atleast like to think I could answer any question you may have seeing as I was in such a similiar position. A very sucky position to be in I know.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 07:47:35 am by Paragod »

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 07:03:10 am »
Thanks Paragod (and Quartz). I already feel a bit better. :)

If you don't have a job, then get a job.  If you do, then try to improve in that job.  Find something you may enjoy and do it.  Or if you can't, persevere until you can.  Something's bound to happen sooner or later.
I think for a job it's still a bit too early for me with just 16, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the suggestion. :o

About your health.. well theres no excuses here, you need to be doing SOMETHING that involves more movement than your hand and eyes. The reason taking a walk doesn't work is because its just plain out boring probably.  If you like sports find one you like and thats probably many good hours a day which would suffice, do that. If you don't like them thats fine too, if you don't like them you don't have to, and don't let anyone make you think "omg you don't have a life" or something because of it. You should do what you enjoy, and no one has a right to insult you for that.
Now that you mentioned it, there is a tennis center a few metres down the street. I should pay it a visit... Thanks, I wouldn't have remembered that if you didn't post.

when I was 16 I was like you, (...)
(...)I slowly got better though and at around 17 I was fairly normal psyically,
Wait whut I thought you were 13?!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline X-5

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 07:24:25 am »
I'd say 16 isn't too early, nor is it late, at that age its more than acceptable to not want a job yet, as in its not "bad" like being 27 years old living off of other people for example like this worthless guy down the street from me. lol

I'm glad we were able to have helped you out a bit =) We all can feel really bad for different reasons which yeilds different odds of how long it takes and how hard it is towards getting over it. Sometimes you will keep falling back and feeling bad all over again like I did,(many many times) I could feel on top of the world one day and really bad again the next. You gotta be consistant, even if you do fall back you can atleast be assured that eventually you will finally completely get over it. Since i've gotten over mine 2 weeks ago or so and it hasn't came back, I can assure it will happen eventually, which should make it even easier for you.

Tennis is cool, despite never playing in for real I think it would be one of the only sports I would like if I tried. Try it, maybe you will become a pro and be famous. Even if you don't its still something fun to do which would help you ALOT physically, and of course gets you off that dreaded pc of yours. Just don't overdo it and hurt yourself on the first day.

and yeah, I was 13 five years ago =P Don't ask, its just another form of stupidity from when I felt pretty bad about myself.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 07:49:34 am by Paragod »

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 01:28:45 pm »
Yeah, a job might be nice. I even want a job to give me something to do but I'm too young >_> Even at 15, it may be hard for me to find a job. As for getting exercise, well, do what you are doing, try out tennis ;p Find something you think is fun that is active. The only reason I don't do much outside is that my neighborhood is boring for me. My yard has nothing but flowers and other decor. The only kids that would play a game of soccer or football would nearly kill me while playing o: Luckily, my family goes places every once in a while.

All of this doesn't mean you have to stop playing games. There is still plenty of time to improve scores and set better times. Just not as much :p I mean, these days, who doesn't play video games at times. About all I can say that hasn't been said >_>

Offline eggFL

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 11:11:29 pm »
Tennis is so cool! That's my two cents.

Offline X-5

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 02:52:55 am »
dang tennis is alot more popular than I thought... maybe  I should try it too.. then again i'm probably all old and sucky at my age, then again you only get better with practice..hmm

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 12:49:02 am »
Do a lot of reading and writing. Seriously, it's not too hard to compose a lucid short story in which you vent about the issues in contemporary society. Submit them for publishing in generic magazine (y), say nothing of your age. Then, once you've written enough, compile them in a single anthology and contact a publisher. From there, suggest that your age could be used as a potential selling point. As an angsty and prodigious youth allready starting to give back to the world, one of the potential architects of the future, you have market appeal. And colleges like that sort of thing.

Meanwhile, do well in school, it isn't really that hard if you want to. You probably won't need to study, as schools tend to shoot for the bottom rung. If you don't do well in school allready, studying will probably do you little good. Just pay attention to the concepts a bit more, savvy? If nothing else, you want presentable grades out of your misspent teenage years so that, in the event of impending personal crisis (x) forcing you to abandon school, you can always come back.

After graduating at or near the top of your class, publish a novella of sorts, and your net worth will  skyrocket. You'll be a shoo-in for a scholarship. And colleges like that sort of thing.

I'm giving you a plan: write a book. Saturate the market with low grade merchandise if necessary, if you can find someone reputable to support your work its quality won't matter much.

And if you reject this idea, it would seem you are not in fact interested in any sort of plan, but are in fact attempting to jive along as a normal, underspoken teenager waiting until adulthood to gain rightful notoriety. In which case get a job and start a counter-culture club, advertising anonymously, not electing any leader, and holding meetings inside bathrooms, locker rooms, storage rooms, and so on.

Have a happy adolescence! 

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 08:28:31 am »
For those saying that it is too young for someone at "x" age to have a job I am fairly sure the legal limit to have a job (like, properly contracted and all that) is something stupid like 14 and a half. At least in this country. I dunno how it works in your respective crazy lands.

On a completely unrelated note, now that Paragod is saying he's 18 I am bringing back the conspiracy theory. PARAGOD IS REALLY CYBRAX KTHXBAI

<3 Thorn.

Offline X-5

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 03:13:05 pm »
lol if you guys think i'm Cybrax i'll easily accept that and consider it a complimentary honor =)

except his rl issues you say he has, cuz i'd never do that stuff.

(are you really being serious?) lmao

edit: I'm changing my name until you start disbelieving your own little "theory" =p
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 01:06:19 am by Cybгax »

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.