don't click here

Hi

Print

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2821 times)

Hi
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:01:33 am »
Dear Hiya Folks Forum,

I am Slavik. As a nickname I like to call myself Snake Slava. I have been playing games since Super Mario Bros. back in 1985, and Sonic in 1992(I was pretty late in getting a genesis) Why do I mention Mario? Well, in most sonic communities they are always making fun of the poor guy. yet I have always felt that both are very unique well made games with their own differences, but for some reason everyone tends to only like one or the other? Please tell me i'm not the only way with positive feelings towards each.

Anyway,

I don't know what type of game competitions i'll be trying in, but we will see once I find a game that feels fun to play.......alot.......over...and over again.  I don't know how much skill I will bring with me since I don't have any times of my own yet to know just how good your times are, but once I hook up my genesis I will try some 2D =) Suggestions on the best 2D game to compete it is welcome if you want.

Hope to see some of you around here, and I am hoping that this is one of the better communities, I really am tired of these sign up forms that I have to keep filling out. 

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:49:07 am »
Mario?  BAN!

But seriously, hey there.  And we're not like most Sonic communities.  We're more focused on the games in general.  No focus on the whole fandom thing.  As for Mario, nice games to play casually, though I prefer the (mostly earlier and Advance) Sonic games.

Suggestions on 2D games?  Dunno.  I haven't competed in the genesis ones.  However, if I were to suggest any, S3&K.
Hi

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:27:21 am »
This is one of the better communities. We don't like fanboys in general. We are quite sarcastic though, so you can expect to see all sorts of witty comments and in-jokes around here. There are three things you should never do.
1. Lie/cheat
2. Be an idiot
3. Mock my catch phrase, dood. (Humiliating stuff happens to those who do.)
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 04:35:35 am »
SUPER MARIO WORLD IS THE ONLY 2D-PLATFORMER THAT IS AS GOOD AS SONIC CD!
Hello and welcome to TSC. Nah, Mario is awesome. :o

EDIT: Wait, I forgot SMW2 Yoshi's Island. That comes pretty close too.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:42:39 am by P.P.A. »
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 07:55:55 am »
I TOO AM A SUPER MARIO WORLD FAN

*ahem* Hey there. I have to agree that most Sonic fans generally have it in for Mario, but I personally enjoy both series.

<3 Thorn.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 11:49:04 am »
I had actually only played a couple Sonic games back in the day, and mainly grew up on the Mario games (especially the first SMB and SMW).  I, too, am a fan of both.

Welcome to TSC, Snake Slava
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.43s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.