don't click here

Woo

Print

Author Topic: Woo  (Read 4954 times)

Woo
« on: October 30, 2006, 12:01:07 pm »
Hello.
I'm a 15 year old boy hailing from the capital city of Norway, and I surely hope you know which city that is. =P

Since last year I've been playing Mario Kart games, and I found this site through the MK-community.

I'm not a huge Sonic fan myself, but decided to join because this seems like an awesome site. The only game I'm having in the Sonic series is Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for GC, but I'm planning on buying other games as well. So btw, which Sonic game would you recommend? :)

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Woo
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:32:44 pm »
Hey there dude, welcome to TSC :D

Personally, I recommend Sonic 2, Sonic Advance 2, and Sonic Pocket Adventure, but thats based on my own personal preferences X)
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 02:30:23 pm »
Welcome.

If you have a DS already then get Sonic Rush. Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles for Mega Drive are not to be missed out on either (so one of the Mega Collections, depending on what you own already).

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 02:58:55 pm »
Welcome!  My personal favourite is Sonic 2, although pretty much anything old school is awesome as far as I'm concerned.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 03:11:07 pm »
Welcome to TSC!
I'm addicted to old school too, specially sonic 1 and CD
you can run, but not fast enough...

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 03:16:24 pm »
If you rather have a 3D game, let me recommend Sonic Adventure (the first). It's the best game ever made. (no arguments allowed :D)

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 04:24:01 pm »
If you rather have a 3D game, let me recommend Sonic Adventure (the first). It's the best game ever made. (no arguments allowed :D)
No arguments needed. :D
I prefer the GameCube version (so far), but you should get whichever one you can.
And if you like it, get the other versions!
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 04:55:38 pm »
Welcome to TSC, Dr. Blueberry.  I'd recommend Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure.  They're all good, though, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 12:14:14 am by Auriman1 »
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline X-5

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 08:19:16 pm »
Welcome to TSC, Dr. blur!

I'd also reccomend Sonic Adventure DX for a 3D game, and stay far away from heros/shadow/anything else I forgot, because quite honestly they're not even worth renting.

For 2D you can't go wrong with pretty much any of the main games(12,3,S-K) but myself prefer Sonic 2 out of all them, mainly because it's the only one I can consistantly beat without dieing 800 times in the process.

BTW that 3:05 on City escape is really cool, it's exactly the same as my best time I could manage back when I was 14 or 15  when SA2 came out.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 09:05:34 pm »
No recommendations. I play 'em all. >_>

RPG makes some good suggestions, though, but I've never played SPA. Add Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure (DX) and RPG's is perfect.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Rolken

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 06:54:41 am »
You might want to pick up Sonic Mega Collection for GCN/PS2/Xbox, as it has all the good old MegaDrive games. Of course, if you don't mind ROMs you can find them all on the internet too.

Good to see folks from the other competition communities stopping by.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Psyknux
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
    • The Faec >:O!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 09:55:05 am »
^ Indeed, Rolken.

Welcome to TSC, Dr. Blueberry! I, like many others have already mentioned, would recommend Sonic Adventure, but, as ParaGod said, would recommend against getting Heroes or Shadow (frustrating games, IMO :/).
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.
Also v2.0 of my TSC calculator is available to use. You should totally use it.
I update these every Monday around 2:30pm GMT.

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.16s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.