don't click here

Generic SA questions.

Print

Author Topic: Generic SA questions.  (Read 6032 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Generic SA questions.
« on: August 24, 2006, 08:15:09 pm »
1. If anyone's interested, a SA version differences guide would be most interesting for the sake of completion since SA2 has a similar guide.
2. How do you quickly get the final hits for Chaos 0 and E101 MK2 in the GC version?
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline X-5

Re: Generic SA questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 08:37:04 pm »
For chaos 0 what I did for the third hit was charge up a light dash attack thing(whatever it's called) after you hit him a second time(making sure to stay out of his way) and quickly get near whatever pole he decides to jump on, and make a jump, and let go of B at the top of your jump and it should work with a little luck(or skill, who knows)

no idea if that's how 19 was gotten, but I assume atleast 21 or so is possible since I suck at the first 2 hits.

E-101 Mk2.. I hate that fight, I think it's all luck if he does his missle attack or not, meaning the fastest way to land a hit is hope he plays out like you want(like Chaos 4) but I might be wrong, maybe someone else knows a way to manipulate what he does.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 04:36:49 pm »
1. Yeah, I've thought of it. It would take some work, but it's the kind of stuff I'm interested in. :)
There's a nice little guide on GameFAQs (which was one thing that made me want the Dreamcast
version more), but it's very incomplete in some areas (it leaves out most of the glitches).

2. Yeah, basically what Paragon said. On GC, you have to wait until Chaos lands before letting go of B
(or at least it seems that way). I think F-Man attacked earlier by playing on Dreamcast.

About E-101 mkII... ugh. (Look at my position on the board.) I haven't really spent much time at all.
I'm pretty sure all his attacks always happen, but it seems like you can speed up the battle a bit
by avoiding threatening him (going toward him, for example, makes him fly around and waste time).
His patterns probably are completely controllable. I know Chaos 4 was like that.
Check the guide. I'm thinking there could be a few inaccuracies (I'd have to check again
to see exactly what it says, but I remember that I get the same results, even though I don't
play the same way), but overall, it explains the patterns well.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline X-5

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 06:38:19 pm »
Are you sure Chaos 0 has to land? I got 22 seconds by letting go of B while he was on top of the pole, on GC. Unless maybe I was just super lucky and got him in mid air or something without noticing, but i'm fairly sure I didn't wait for him to land(I always get like 25-27 seconds if I wait that long) And I figured 20-21 seconds might be possible because I seriously doubt my first 2 hits are optimized.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 06:58:42 pm »
I'm sure that by landing, Marth meant landing on the pole itself. Though I think I actually let go the light attack before he touched it, but then again, it was on Dreamcast where getting the last hit seems to be easier and demands less luck.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 08:47:51 pm »
I got 0:20:2x on Chaos 0 on the GameCube version. I was able to hit Chaos on top of the pole with an Ancient Light attack, but I must admit it was quite dependent on luck.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 08:44:49 pm »
Thanks guys. That guide is well done and an interesting read. From that, so far, the DC version has a net 55-60 second advantage while SA2 has a net 45-50 second advantage for the DC version.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 03:54:18 pm »
Thanks guys. That guide is well done and an interesting read. From that, so far, the DC version has a net 55-60 second advantage while SA2 has a net 45-50 second advantage for the DC version.
Thanks. :)

-----------------------------------------

About Chaos 0, I did mean that Chaos has to land on the pole. Waiting for him to come down could
get a similar result (maybe under 20 seconds if you're lucky), but that's only good for Adventure speedruns.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 05:50:59 pm »
Dreamcast actually has a 28-minute advantage on E-102's Hot Shelter, but the inflated time isn't actually shown anywhere and that level's just broken.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 12:40:22 pm »
I tried sending you a PM (in the chat) to ask about HS-Gamma, but you weren't there.
I figured that whatever it was, it didn't really count as an advantage.

What do you mean about the time not being shown anywhere?
I thought it was shown on the stage select, but not during gameplay.
(If it isn't shown, how do you even know what the time limits for the systems are?)

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 02:16:45 pm »
The minutes variable is 8 signed bits, meaning it can fluctuate between 127 and -128.  On Dreamcast, the timer can reach a maximum of 127:59.99.

I played Hot Shelter for a time of 118:14.11.  However, there's no way to prove such a time.  The HUD timer displays 99:59.99, the level complete timer displays 99:14.11, and the level select screen takes off the first 1 and just displays 18:14.11.  The full 118 is nowhere to be found.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 11:22:16 am »
Okay, I think I remember when you were talking about this before.
You didn't want to submit a time, because Dreamcast can max out the 100-minute timer
and ruin the competition. If all it does is cut off the 1 on the level select, that's not terrible,
(times can still be submitted easily enough) but it would still give Dreamcast a huge advantage
for no good reason. (That's like if the timer ran slower on a stage like Emerald Coast.
If it did, it would give Dreamcast an advantage, even though the levels and shortcuts are the same.)
But then, that just gives GCN the advantage, and only because the DC version's timer is cheap. :(

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.07 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.