don't click here

Shadow the Hedgehog SpeedRun

Print

Author Topic: Shadow the Hedgehog SpeedRun  (Read 4604 times)

« on: December 01, 2005, 09:15:12 pm »
I am doing a speedrun of Shadow the Hedgehog (GC) in Dark Only, and after seeing the time here, I was surprised how far I am from these time, except some, but for most of them... ugh... in fact, only The ARK (duh), Cryptic Castle and GUN Fortress (because I beat the current time but don't have video to show it :/) here looking good for now. Westopolis, Digital Circuit and Central City have about 30 seconds each between them and the current record, and I would appreciate how the levels are done, with a video if possible (but not obligated). Thank you all.

Dasendrix

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:17:07 pm »
Quote from: Dasendrix,Dec 1 2005, 09:15 PM
I am doing a speedrun of Shadow the Hedgehog (GC) in Dark Only, and after seeing the time here, I was surprised how far I am from these time, except some, but for most of them... ugh... in fact, only The ARK (duh), Cryptic Castle and GUN Fortress (because I beat the current time but don't have video to show it :/) here looking good for now. Westopolis, Digital Circuit and Central City have about 30 seconds each between them and the current record, and I would appreciate how the levels are done, with a video if possible (but not obligated). Thank you all.

Dasendrix

Oh I forgot, I did'nt saw the best times for the boss, but would likely to know them ^^ thanks again!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:28:57 pm »
You don't HAVE to show a video for any new records you have. The only problem that arises is if we can tell that the time is fake. That's the only case where you'll have to find some proof.

As for the videos, nobody's submitted any to the site yet. I'd make one myself, but I don't have all of the proper equipment to do so (plus, most of my Shadow times suck at the moment). It's probably a bit early to request videos, as most of us are trying to figure out the proper strategies in each of the respective levels. You could always come into the chatroom (or just ask here) for a general strategy though, in the meantime.

Also, the boss charts should be up once Rolken decides to do so. *GLARE*
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:29:29 pm by Spinballwizard »
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 03:00:34 am »
Also, the boss charts should be up once Rolken decides to do so. *GLARE*
[snapback]7861[/snapback]

/me also glares

I have some ownage Boss times too :(
Did you not think I had a mind?

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:03:26 am »
Ok thanks anyway. I'll guess I'll have to find my way by myself, but that's ok.  more challenge xD. I'll just shoot my GUN Fortress best times since it's not required to have some proof. I got 3:36.78. As of the boss, if I beat any, well, it will be the case but I'll just post them here :
Egg Breaker (Cryptic Castle): 00:17.81
Egg Breaker (Iron Jungle)   :   00:06.11
Blue Falcon:                           00:44.44
Sonic & Diablon(GUN Fortress) 02:12.45

I did'nt put all because I don't remember everything >.<
I think it's on the submission page I should post them put I just wanted to tell it :)

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 05:54:46 pm »
Those are some speedy boss times. :o

If you're wondering about Lava Shelter Hero, that being the one record I hold (I haven't really been bothered with the game much), then I myself do not get why I have that record. My technique is clearly not perfect, I never play that much at any game. And it isn't some secret route or anything... *shrug*

Learning that, unlike previous games, you can hold the direction while grinding and tapping the speed up button WITHOUT throwing yourself to your doom is handy because you can make some necessary rail jumps without needing lightning reactions.

Also generally, use the Light Dash. Oh it is so good.

Oh, and again on LS Hero, take the top route. Always. That's a general rule for most levels ever, but doesn't always work. The lower routes have far too much platform jumping, and that slows you down too much. Although for the top route you have to triangle jump at times, it's a small compromise.

</handing on of all the information I have to make me feel big>
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 08:27:21 pm »
Yeah, well thanks, but it's not in my route >.< I'm doing Dark Only, so Westopolis to GUN Fortress getting only Dark Mission Success. Well I thank you anyways for the tips, they are always welcome ^^ Well, gonna keep practicing

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 03:43:25 pm »
Ah yes, I see now you said Dark only. Erm... this never happened. >.>
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.