don't click here

The Official Top Tens Topic

Print

Author Topic: The Official Top Tens Topic  (Read 795131 times)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
The Official Top Tens Topic
« on: October 13, 2005, 09:22:22 am »
I decided to take the hassle out of it for everyone concerned.

Starting tomorrow, and for every day until TSC's 2nd birthday on October 23, myself and my partner in crime, RPGnutter, will be releasing one of the top ten players per day, until we reach #1 on the 23rd. Along with that will be a short bio of the player's history at TSC, such as what they brought to the site by way of competition, and how successful they've been to date.

Don't like it? Well, G-rated off. (You'll get this one if you've been in the chatroom recently.)

Speculation and such can go in here as well. But for now, RPG and I are the only two that know the list. All will be revealed!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:23:03 am by yse »

<3 Thorn.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
The Top Ten Sonic players in TSC's history!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 09:24:18 am »
:o

*speculates*

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 10:07:11 am »
Speculate all you like, G-rated fool!

Thou shalt nevar guess teh top ten 1337 playors!

Enough of that methinks, I'll be opening this tomorrow with [X's] Bio, until later G-rated's.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 10:08:37 am by RPGnutter »
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 10:10:21 am »
start today and give me info you you! :(

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 10:10:49 am »
Only thing I'll be stealing is your favourite phrase.

ROCK 'N' ROLL!!

Until next time...

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 04:26:33 pm »
GOD DAMN YOU!

Die.

Now.

The Tails Doll is watching you.

The Tails Doll is alwayswatching you.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 05:10:58 pm »
chill dudes >_>

RPG needs anger management, and the rest of you need to stop stealing his phrases :(

Taco has spoken!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 05:25:49 pm »
Taco is right, I do need anger management D:

STOP EDITING MY GAWD DAMN POSTS MIKEY! *ignites topic*
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 07:28:23 am by RPGnutter »

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 05:57:21 pm »
Wow... every post except for the first two was totally offtopic...

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 07:55:01 pm »
Mike has to be the #1 player...

He holds more championships than anyone else, I think Sprint is the next closest. >_>

I'm sure the list will probably include (in no particular order): mike, Sprint, RPG, Ninty, SS101, Soniham, Cybrax maybe, Andy possibly, and iono.

I certainly wouldn't put myself in the top... I only own 1 zone, and am only good at a few more :/
</speculation>
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 11:24:42 pm »
*orgasms*

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 02:51:02 am »
Stop editing my posts Taco! D: You G-rated G-ratedtard you.

And to bring a start to the actual focus of the topic, here's the #10 Player!

TSC'S ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER #10

JASON "RAYKU" WHITE

Rayku's Rankings

Sonic Heroes

1928 Points
11th Place out of 89 Players

Sonic Adventure (DX)

1905 Points
43rd Place out 65 Players

Sonic Adventure 2 (B)

407 Points
2nd Place out of 93 Players

Sonic 2

773 Points
46th Place out of 71 Players

Rayku’s ‘Best’ 5 Records

5th:Sonic Heroes-Lost Jungle-Dark-2:55:61
4th:Sonic Heroes-Seaside Hill-Dark-2:30:36
3rd:Sonic Heroes-Egg Hawk-Dark-0:06:96
2nd:Sonic Adventure 2(Battle)-Radical Highway-Mission 1-1:48:62
1st:Sonic Adventure 2(Battle)-Final Chase-Mission 5-2:59:39

Rayku’s TSC Career

Rayku joined TSC on the 14th March 2004, so as far as most people are concerned, he’s a long time member and a great player to boot, although only latter quality afforded him this place in the Top 10, after much deliberation between Rayku and several other players that didn’t quite make it. In fact, Rayku, was only _just_ beaten by the Number #9 player, who will be revealed tomorrow,

When Rayku joined, he only submitted times for Sonic Adventure 2 (B), and even at that point, it was clear to see that he would eventually become very highly ranked at that game. Of his original set of times, most of, if not all of them were in the Orange bracket, if not almost certainly in the Red Bracket. It was at this point in time, when he passed SM in the rankings and moved up into, I believe, 5th place, that many of TSC’s members saw the potential in him, I myself, who was at the time sitting quite comfortably in 3rd place, a considerable distance behind supersonic101, who obviously, at the time was 2nd, realized he would eventually overtake me in the rankings, and he did just that.

We first saw what Rayku was truly capable of when he took a sweep of Radical Highway with relative ease, a sweep which he still holds today in fact, despite the fact that his times were beaten from time to time, he always fought back and reclaimed the records for each of the 4 Mission’s for Radical Highway, a sweep which he has now held for almost a year, (It will be a year on the 1st November).

The next time we saw Rayku’s pwnage skills in SA2:B, was with Final Chase, were he comfortably took a sweep there, but not without a little competition from myself back when he originally got the records, and still holds that sweep too, with little challenge to take it away from him.

I seem to recall a time where Rayku actually had the record for ALL of Shadow’s Missions throughout the SA2:B Chart, and while this may not be exactly true, he did have most of them, even if his times have been beaten over the time since he set them.

Rayku then, as predicted by myself and many others, begin slowly rising through the ranks, passing me up into 4th, Kev had by this point knocked me out of my cosy Top 3 spot, before passing Kev and making it into the Top 3. By this point Rayku had begun taking records left, right and ‘soniccenter’, easily passing Kev and earning his place in “The 1337est’s Circle”, The SA2:B Top 3. By taking even more and more records, and by getting almost all of the rest of his times into the Top 6 or 7, he passed SS101 and found himself sitting some 100 Points back from Cybrax. So, did Rayku give up? Did he decide he was happy with his 2nd place and stop playing? Nope, he did quite the opposite in fact, he played like there was no tomorrow, attacking Cybrax’s times in order to raise Cybrax’s Point Total and lower his own and thus close down the gap much quicker, and on the 26th of November 2004, Rayku found himself Champion of SA2:B, almost certainly the most prized Championship on the site, and almost certainly the most difficult to take, owing to the very skilled and high-up players such as SS101 and Cybrax.

Rayku even earned himself a “Congratulations” Topic from no less than SS101 for this amazing feat, bearing the message “Congratulations Rayku for pwning every SA2 Player in the World’s Ass off.” And damn straight he did.

Rayku retained his title for a considerable amount of time, 7 and a half months in fact (Although 3 of those can hardly be considered as TSC was down and for that time), until finally on the 21st July he was ousted out of 1st Place by none other than SS101, who still could not pull away a great deal, truly showing Rayku’s complete domination.

Yet while this was going on, Rayku competed in 3 other games, mostly Sonic Heroes. Rayku didn’t really pwn at Heroes Levels like he did with SA2:B, Although he did smash 3 levels wide open, the rest of his times merely being somewhat standard. He only ever submitted two times for the Extra Bracket too, which is now doubt highly influential towards his 11th Place Overall Ranking. However, Rayku truly pwned at the Bosses of Heroes, taking a good deal of the Records and quite a few of the Totals to boot! Surely if he had TAed the Extra Missions he would’ve ended up in the Top 6, for sure. With regards to that, his SA:DX and Sonic 2 rankings look very poor compared to his other 2 rankings….but not so much when you consider that he only ever submitted FOUR times for DX and only ONE for Sonic 2, that makes his rankings, roughly 2/3rd’s up, seem quite impressive.

Having said this, Rayku retired from Time Attacking this year, he returned after TSC’s downtime to update all of his times that were lost, and took a single record (Hidden Base Mission 1) before hanging up his Controller. Rayku’s times to this day remain a milestone for people to aim it. Rayku has proved his insane abilities and truly ‘1337’ skills with his dominance of SA2:B, and even to this day, while not competing remains in a very close second, close by the SA2:B’s Rankings at least, and its these abilities and his utter pwnage that earned him the Number #10 Spot in TSC’s Greatest Players of all time.

Until Sunday, where I’ll be revealing Player #8, I’m handing the topic over to mike for Player #9, hope this keeps you on the edge of your seats with suspense.

~ARRPEEGEE
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 06:59:33 pm by mike89 »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 04:38:56 am »
Well, #9 is all in readiness, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Who will it be? Either wait and find out, bribe us, or speculate here! :o

<3 Thorn.

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 01:19:29 pm »
Who will it be? Either wait and find out, bribe us, or speculate here!

I want to know, but I can't bribe over the internet...hmm.

Speculate... um... me? I wish...

I'm using to many of... those.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 05:55:39 pm »
I don't think you've even been around long enough to be considered for this tails :(

/me bets it's cybrax in 9th (or soniham)

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 05:57:35 pm »
You've been here a month longer than I have -_-

And I don't even think I made it anyway.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 06:04:50 pm »
Well, erm no

well, yes...

er...

You probably mean you joined a month after I joined, but that doesn't really matter cuz I stuck around. You just came back to this site again after like, 10 years :O (more like .5, but whatever :P)

I kinda wish I played advance 2 while you were competiting though. It would of been fun :)

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 06:33:24 pm »
Yeah, my times would have been better... I can't get better than my old times and plus I don't have Amy so there really isn't any point in trying anymore...

I actually forgot about this site... I remember that the site was down or something and then I remembered recently about this site and decided to check it out, so I'm back.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 10:10:10 pm »
Did someone say BRIBE?? :D

For your generous donation of $0, you get one more piece of information. Here's #9:

TSC’S ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER #9:

Cameron “sonicam” Jones:
“The new kid on the block.”

When Dan and I sat down to draft this list, we took two factors into account. Naturally, any player who made the top ten had to be dominant in some area. But secondly, they should be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in a large number of games (this cost Rayku dearly). Sonicam gets this position due to his incredible versatility over the high majority of TSC’s 23 games.

Sonicam is the most recent, of the players who have genuinely proved themselves, to join TSC. He joined on the 22nd of July 2004 and immediately made an impact in Sonic Battle. I know for sure that I, for one, predicted early on that sonicam would rise to the top and become one of TSC’s best. How right I was.

In Sonic Battle, sonicam quickly proved his worth, and from day one was a major player there. A three way battle between himself, sonichero and magnum12 ensued over the next six months, and over this time period all three held the championship aloft. We know for sure that sonicam’s time as champion was during the period which was lost due to the downtime, however. Sonicam set many of the standards for this game, and still has a few impressive records.

And yet, still two more achievements stand out above that one. In his quest to submit for every game on the site, sonicam turned his attention to the Game Gear games in the new year, in particular Sonic Triple Trouble. He proved, in taking the championship, then being beaten and returning to take every single record, that nothing was beyond him. Still one of the best displays of overall dominance on the site.

But the best example of sonicam’s pure determination as a gamer was yet to come. In August, sonicam began to try his hand at Sonic Adventure DX. He was truly up against it: many records in that game had held since the very beginning of TSC, so beating them would be something to behold. He didn’t let the pressure get to him, though, and after a two month long struggle, on the 4th of November sonicam attained his greatest honour at The Sonic Center to date: Champion of Sonic Adventure DX. He remained largely unchallenged for the better part of the remainder of 2004, until yours truly played, and pwned, SADX. A long, drawn out battle for the championship which lasted until July of this year followed. To his credit, every time I thought sonicam would give it away, he kept coming back for more. Eventually, RPGnutter came and took the championship, but it can take nothing away from the enormity of this show of perseverance and determination.

Sonicam recently retired from Sonic Adventure DX time attacking, albeit on a high as he leaves the game among the best to have ever played it.

In amongst these shows of brilliance, sonicam also achieved lesser-recognised goals in various other games, including 3rd place in Sonic Heroes, Champion of Sonic Pocket Adventure, and a top ten placing in the toughest of all competitions here at TSC, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I do believe that, at a point in February, sonicam held as many as four championships at the same time (possibly five, but don’t quote me on that), and regardless of the competition, that is no mean feat. His all-round skill puts him among the very greatest to have picked up the controller here at TSC.

Well played, sonicam. Rest assured that to be picked out of almost 600 members to be placed in the top ten, is something to be very proud of.

Time Attack Career:

Current Rankings:

Sonic Heroes:
722 points
3rd of 89

Sonic Adventure (DX)
209 points
2nd of 66

Sonic Adventure 2 (B)
1722 points
9th of 93

Sonic Advance 2
1819 points
16th of 72

Sonic 1
481 points
28th of 74

Sonic 2
751 points
37th of 71

Sonic 3
696 points
21st of 57

Sonic & Knuckles
325 points
11th of 36

Sonic 3D Blast
158 points
4th of 18

Knuckles Chaotix
124 points
7th of 9

Sonic 1 (GG)
100 points
10th of 28

Sonic 2 (GG)
90 points
8th of 15

Sonic Chaos
139 points
5th of 16

Sonic Triple Trouble
0 points (that’s right, a 100% game!)
1st of 12

Sonic Pocket Adventure
26 points
1st of 10

Sonic Battle
81 points
3rd of 17

Sonic Drift
65 points
4th of 11

Sonic Drift 2
38 points
3rd of 9

Current Championships: 2 (SPA, STT)
2nd Place: 1 (SADX)
3rd Place: 3 (SH, SB, SD2)

Best five records (as adjudged by myself):

5th: Chaos - Level 3 (SB) - 372067 - In a closely fought game, this record is 50K ahead of any other for this level. A very impressive record indeed.
4th: Diamond Dust 1 (S3D) - 1:51 - On a game in which records were so hard to come by, this time showed the current records were not unbeatable.

EDIT: Trust me to do something like this. Not 12 hours after I posted this, RPG beat it. D:

3rd: Just about any record on Sonic Triple Trouble - Kudos to sonicam for attaining 100% for this game. Very few have managed a 100% game, and even fewer still hold it today.
2nd: Shadow 2 (SA2B) - 0'17"05 - Using a revolutionary strat for its time, this time smashed the standing WR by ten seconds.
1st: Lava Reef 2 (S&K) - 3:16 - SM's 3:25 video looked impressive enough. I can't imagine how good this must have been.

Over to Dan again for tomorrow's #8 selection. Continue speculating and stuff, it's good for the forum. :o
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 07:33:11 am by mike89 »

<3 Thorn.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 10:43:57 pm »
Wow, I'd never thought I'd get a recognition like this. I'm honored, thanx guys. :D
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2005, 07:01:32 pm »
TSC'S ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER #8

Mike "supersonic101" Erman

supersonic101's Rankings

Sonic Heroes

2936 Points
21st Place out of 89 Players

Sonic Adventure (DX)

1507 Points
27th Place out of 66 Players

Sonic Adventure 2 (B)

326 Points
1st Place out of 93 Players

Sonic Advance

856 Points
26th Place out of 40 Players

Sonic 1

614 Points
55th Place out of 74 Players

Sonic 2

730 Points
34th Place out of 71 Players

Sonic 1 (GG)

155 Points
23rd Place out of 28 Players

Sonic Chaos

235 Points
15th Place out of 16 Players

Sonic Drift

107 Points
5th Place out of 11 Players

supersonic101’s ‘Best’ 5 Records

5th:Sonic Adventure 2(Battle)-Bosses-Shadow1-0:10:70
4th:Sonic Adventure 2(Battle)-Security Hall-Mission 3-0:14:17
3rd:Sonic Adventure 2(Battle)-Pyramid Cave-Mission 1-2:07:34
2nd:Sonic Adventure 2(Battle)-Cannons Core-Mission 5-2:45:09
 1st:Sonic Adventure 2(Battle)-Freestyle-Crazy Gadget Mission 1-0:00:19

supersonic101’s TSC Career

Supersonic101 joined TSC on the 27th 2003, merely four days after TSC’s birth. And being Member #13, he’s been around since TSC’s dawn of time. Before we delve into SS’s Sonic career, we shall first look at how he actually started TAing, and some of the non-TA things he has benefited the site with, and its along with his pwnage skills that earned him the #8 spot, although, much like Rayku, it was VERY close between SS and the #7 Player!

SS’s TA roots begin, as with many other players with cybrax, from a tale SS told me not too long ago. The first time he saw cybrax ‘play’ SA2:B was his Radical Highway Mission 1 video, a 1:52:xx IIRC, and after watching it he just sat there for a whole 10 minutes thinking “:O”. Literally.
And then he vowed that one day he would be _that_ good at SA2:B, and wouldn’t you know it, he’s actually better at this point in time, but more on that in a short while.

Of the things SS has done for the site, the most notable being the enormous amount of video’s he has recently recorded and mailed to Shadow Wedge, which, in fact, should be up on the site in the near future. The other notable thing is that he recruited many respected and high quality players to TSC, such as myself, doctorbob26 etc.

And now we move onto SS’s actual TAing career, despite him competing in several games, he only really focused on 2 of them, and only put a great deal of effort into one of those: SA2:B, which ahs certainly paid off.

It was his recruiting of myself to this site, in fact, that nudged SS on his way to Goddom, as in signing me up and requesting me to post times for SA2:B, he unwittingly started TSC’s Longest Going Rivalry: RPG Vs SS in SA2:B. (Although as of late I have rather fallen behind in terms of pwnage).

When I signed up, SS was sitting a comfortable 3rd in the SA2:B Rankings, with SM and cybrax ahead of him (2nd and 1st respectively), and I fancied my chances of the Top 3 after I had submitted around 90% of my bracket. SS then fought back and retook 3rd, and then 2nd, passing SM, I followed suit.

As we both neared Cybrax in the Point Rankings, we undertook one of SA2:B’s Greatest Challenges: To be the first SA2:Bist to have an all Red/Orange Levels Table. Anyone who was around in the chatroom around then will remember this, we simply would not shut up about this. Coincidentally, we both managed this after some time, and plenty of pwnage later (Although as I recall, I managed it first with SS following on a day or two later, it may sound strange that cybrax was not the first to manage this, but in fact, he had one Yellow in a Mission 5 which I cannot recall for a _very_ long time.) Needless to say, my All Red/Orange glory did not last long, as Rayku knocked a few of my times back into the Yellow, while SS managed to maintain his for a good while. It was during this time that Rayku lay dormant, that I had the pleasure of a week off school, while maintaining perfect health (I was off due to a reason that I care not to explain), that myself and SS took it upon ourselves to topple cybrax. We succeeded somewhat: I took the championship FOR A WHOLE DAY, before cybrax pwned me and SS took the Championship for a while, on the 13th April ’04 for a day….before losing it again to cybrax, before taking it back again on the 16th June of the same year, where he held it for two months, before losing it once again.

SS lost interest in TAing after this, until some time during TSC’s downtime, where he picked his controller back up and TAed like there was no tomorrow, retaking the SA2:B Championship on the 21st of July of this year, which he still holds now.

Yet while this was happening, and during the lapse in his SA2:Bing, he TAed, among other games, Sonic Heroes. Mainly as Team Rose, which he had several records in at one point, and still retaining 5th with the Rose Total, he had potential to go far in the game, but, like many others, condemned Heroes as a poor excuse of a game and ceased TAing it, never finishing his bracket for it. As with the other games, he never finished the brackets, only a few times here and there, and not always good times either, which contributes somewhat to his otherwise somewhat low rankings elsewhere but SA2:B and Heroes.

All of the above has been major factors in working out this Top 10, _just_ nestling him in at #8, it was VERY close in fact between the bottom 4, middle 3 and Top 3, but not wanting to spoil anything, wait and see, the waits not that long now, but what set SS slightly above the rest was his “never-give-up” attitude to all things SA2:B, his utter pwnage and dominance across SA2B’s Levels, and all of the contributions he’s made to the site.

~ARRPEEGEE
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 08:42:27 pm by mike89 »

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 06:17:23 pm »
Hey

>_>

hurry up

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 02:02:08 am »
Didn't you read the first post? ONE PER DAY.

And without further ado... here's #7!

TSC’S ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER #7:

Kevin “shadowgamer196” Horn:
“The Top of the 3D Pops.”

Kev joins SS101 in being one of the founding members of the site, whose times were simply added when Rolken got around to it back in those days. He joined on the 28th of October 2003 when the site was well and truly in its infancy. He showed promise on SA2B, but it wasn’t until the release of Sonic Heroes that Kev came into his own.

Kev mainly stayed in the wilderness until January 2004, when Sonic Heroes was released, and then he flew out of the blocks, taking a high majority of the records and being very close in just about every other level. He said he would aim for 100%, but while that proved unrealistic, under the old percentage system Kev had a percentage as high as 96% at one stage! Now if that’s not domination, I don’t know what is.

What’s more, he did all this WITHOUT the use of the much-maligned Team Blast Glitch. In August of 2004, he received a strong challenge from segamaster, who had been using it, and he still fell short. More recently, just before the downtime, magnum12 finally wrested the championship from Kev’s hands, possibly the longest-held championship in the history of TSC.

Kev was certainly not afraid of taking on a challenge, and that he did by, after doing it all on Heroes, coming over to the most sought-after championship in Sonic Adventure 2 and showing his skill there as well. Kev’s highest rank in this most demanding of championships was a very credible 3rd place, and he had a slew of site records to boot. To date, he stands in 6th place, and given his records date back to December of 2004 that’s not a bad showing.

On the day that TSC disappeared for three months (which explains why nobody saw it), Kev officially retired from TSC to pursue interests in F-Zero and other games. Thankfully, more recently he saw the error of his ways and came back. So here's hoping we see more times from him in the near future.

His skills weren’t limited to the Gamecube, either. Kev took on the handheld challenges of Sonic Advance 2 and 3, currently standing 7th and 4th respectively. These achievements put Kev above the vast majority, and 7th in our view.

Time Attack Career:

Current Rankings:

Sonic Heroes
457 points
2nd of 89

Sonic Adventure 2 (B)
898 points
6th of 93

Sonic Advance 2
1264 points
7th of 72

Sonic Advance 3
169 points
4th of 38

Sonic 1
621 points
59th of 74

Sonic 2
654 points
21st of 71

Sonic 3
867 points
53rd of 57

Sonic Pocket Adventure
109 points
10th of 10

Best five records (as adjudged by myself):

5th: Final Fortress Sonic (SH) – 4’32”14 – Still a record by a good half a minute. Set back in April ’04, mind.
4th: Ocean Base Boss (SA3) – 45”15 – Picked because it was completely out of the blue. The best SA3 players couldn’t come close to this… not saying Kev’s not one of the best, but yeah.
3rd: Big Foot (SA2B) – 20”42 – While not looking too impressive, when you consider the amount of people on 20”5x behind this time (myself included), there’s just a bit special about this time.
2nd: Lost Jungle Rose (SH) – 1’22”33 – There’s a bit of history behind me picking this one. Let’s just say I was up time attacking this level until 1am… and he beat my best with ease.
1st: Seaside Hill Sonic (SH) – 2’59”34 – The only time at The Sonic Center under three minutes for this level, one of the greatest barriers was broken with this run. Excellent.

Oh, and guess what? It's me tomorrow as well, so you've gotta put up with my format for another day!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 04:56:10 am by mike89 »

<3 Thorn.

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 05:28:43 am »
wow thanx mike, that was some good stuff to read:) I'm still planning on getting back seriously >_> well I'm having  a week off school so I'll play sh or sa2b when i get home tonight.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 10:36:18 am »
Oh, and guess what? It's me tomorrow as well, so you've gotta put up with my format for another day!
[snapback]6695[/snapback]
You think you could get it up before I go to bed this time? I was all like "zomg where is mike i want my top 10 for the day D:"

*shot*

Also, wow. Wouldn't have expected that one. Well, I'm definitely not in the top 10 now. Too high for my lack of talent.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 11:06:42 am »
do you even have 5 records to fill in the top 5 records section SBW? :P

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 11:16:56 am »
^^XD

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 10:25:32 pm »
do you even have 5 records to fill in the top 5 records section SBW? :P
[snapback]6700[/snapback]
Actually, I did before douglas came back :(

IP2 Sonic, Tails, Knux, Cream, EGR Cream.

5 records. >_>;

Of course, only one of those still stands. It was my first, but still. I've liek, mastered IP2 :(

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 10:35:48 pm »
wow thanx mike, that was some good stuff to read:) I'm still planning on getting back seriously >_> well I'm having  a week off school so I'll play sh or sa2b when i get home tonight.
[snapback]6697[/snapback]

Guess my Heroes career ends when you do just that. D: Perhaps I should quit while I'm ahead... :(
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 02:00:30 am »
Just a quick stop in here. I've not got much time. Here's #6:

TSC’S ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER #6:

Daniel “RPGnutter” Siviter:
“The All-Rounder.”

Alright, now we’re genuinely reaching the business end of this list. The top six players should be fairly obvious to those who’ve been around for a while, and as my subject today mentioned, there’s a few very close, and surely controversial, calls. Remember, this is just our opinion, not reflective of everyone’s.

ARRPEEGEE, as he has come to be known, joined TSC way back in November 2003, at the request of SuperSonic101. Little did he know back then, the menace that he brought to the charts. RPG has been known to game relentlessly, homework and thumbs be damned, over entire days, often starting early and finishing late, and stopping only for food. Sounds a bit like me… But I digress. As a reward for such diligent gaming, RPG has held no less than EIGHT SEPARATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, and a high of four of those at once.

However, I don’t call him TSC’s Unluckiest Member for no reason. RPG will often find that a game that has been inactive for months is flooding with activity once he takes #1 spot on it. Often of my own doing, but others have been the guilty party too. But enough of that, let’s move on to actual gaming achievements.

When RPG joined (and most of you who read this will remember these days) there was a choice of just four games: the first two Advances, and the two Adventures. In the early days, he was just another player making up the numbers. Showed promise in SA2B, but not much else.

In about March of 2004, RPG began to take a greater interest in the community, and at the same time his time attacking potential began to be realised. (That’s right, REALISED. FUCK YOU MICROSOFT WORD!)

Okay, sorry for going off on a tangent there, but I’m typing these in advance and saving them in Word. Hate at its auto-correction system, especially when it doesn’t correct at all.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, at that point RPG became one of the premier time attackers at the site. He set his sights on Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Advance 2 primarily, but in the meantime he took on other smaller challenges. In the months of March and April he obtained the Sonic R, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Jam, Sonic Drift and Sonic Adventure 2 championships, only to lose them shortly after (in the case of SA2B, just one day passed and it was gone… and he hasn’t got it back since). In most cases, though, this was just because he was first with remotely good times as they were first added to the site.

However, RPG has traditionally been strongest (but, ironically, not champion of at this point in time) in Sonic Advance 2. However, while RPG chose to make this game his specialty… so did NintenDan. The two of them have waged one of the greatest rivalries this site has seen, since the 8th of September when RPG took this title for the first time. Since then the title has changed hands at least six times (seven when you count blueblaze’s entries, which were miles ahead of RPG and NintenDan and obviously false) and while, at the moment, RPG is not the champion, he is making another push towards it.

Like almost everyone else on this list, however, RPG is a very strong gamer in Sonic Adventure 2, and has taken the holy grail that is the championship for this game. For one day, mind, but I certainly can’t say I’ve been #1, so he’s doing something right. I mustn’t have been perusing the rankings as often as I do now, because to be honest I don’t remember RPG ever taking first place, though he was second for a while. Maybe I was away that day. At any rate, ever since he was knocked out of top spot he’s kept going, in another attempt to claim that most prestigious of championships. Currently he sits 4th, with cybrax a mere 60 points ahead. Chances are, barring an unexpected return from him, RPG will be 3rd before long. Which is incredibly impressive in itself.

And now we come to Sonic Adventure DX. Like myself, RPG had little interest in this game at first. And much like myself, RPG thrashed all comers in a sharp attack on the championship. He got it easily, including a Twinkle Circuit sweep. And with myself and sonicam retired from SADX, he’ll likely hold this one for some time. But then again…

More recently (perhaps to spite me, I don’t know), RPG attacked Sonic 3D and Sonic Drift consistently over a three-day period, which resulted in him gaining both those championships. Hey, any publicity is good publicity, right?

Since the inception of the site, RPG has submitted in 21 of the 23 games, and is a high performer in 7 or more of them (depends how you define high performer after that). For these efforts, RPG is more than deserving of the #6 rank in our Greatest TSCers of All Time.

Time Attack Career:

Current Rankings:

Sonic Heroes
3084 points
22nd of 89

Sonic Adventure (DX)
138 points
1st of 66

Sonic Adventure 2 (B)
639 points
4th of 93

Sonic Advance
206 points
4th of 40

Sonic Advance 2
184 points
2nd of 72

Sonic Advance 3
312 points
9th of 38

Sonic 1
244 points
10th of 74

Sonic 2
429 points
11th of 71

Sonic 3
814 points
33rd of 57

Sonic and Knuckles
389 points
30th of 36

Sonic CD
330 points
15th of 22

Sonic 3D Blast
34 points
1st of 18

Sonic 1 (GG)
59 points
5th of 28

Sonic 2 (GG)
118 points
12th of 15

Sonic Chaos
137 points
4th of 16

Sonic Triple Trouble
170 points
8th of 12

Sonic Pocket Adventure
108 points
8th of 10

Sonic Jam
11 points
2nd of 5

Sonic R
199 points
9th of 23

Sonic Drift
4 points
1st of 11

Sonic Drift 2
104 points
5th of 9

Best five times (I changed this a little – as I’m compiling this list with RPGnutter he gave me the times he wanted listed here. Here goes…) :

5th: Spring Yard Yellow (SD) – 0’59”48 – Cracked the minute barrier where nobody else was able to do so.
4th: Gene Gadget 2 (S3D) – 1:34 – A record by a whopping nine seconds, and this after we thought FoxLuc was close on invincible in this game.
3rd: Egg Frog – Sonic (SAdva2) – 0’12”78 – He just doesn’t stop bragging about this one. Probably his hardest-fought record.
2nd: Chaos 6 – Sonic (SADX) – 0’25”73 – 26”46 was presumed to be perfect here because of the two players on that time, and a third on 26”49. RPG smashed them all.
1st: Any and all Twinkle Circuits, but primarily Gamma (SADX) – These times are simply amazing. ‘Nuff said.

Anyone care to take guesses at the exact order of the rest of the list?

<3 Thorn.

Print

Hits: 279 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.24 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.