don't click here

The Official Top Tens Topic

Print

Author Topic: The Official Top Tens Topic  (Read 795166 times)

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Psyknux
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
    • The Faec >:O!!!
Re: The Top Ten Sonic players in TSC's history!
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2006, 12:07:01 pm »
Congrats, PsyBorg!

In time, maybe the Psys will rule this place.

Yeah, that's right. PsyBorg will have Shadow and SA(DX) and I will have SA2(B) and Heroes. Then, the world!...er...the rest of TSC's championships... -_-; (But what will Psymar have? D:)

Because I feel like it, I'll post this which is a text file comparing my SA2(B) times/rings/scores as they were when I first started playing the game in August 2005 to my current stats (as of March 22). Looking at this really makes me feel accomplished. =D
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.
Also v2.0 of my TSC calculator is available to use. You should totally use it.
I update these every Monday around 2:30pm GMT.

Offline Aere Alouette

• Float like a skylark sting like a storm
  • TSC: Greham Adelphis
  • winvista chrome
  • 250 Games and counting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2006, 03:28:34 pm »
I'm still guessing Marth is on the list...though by now I would take flying guesses I'd be on there.
Congrats to PsyBorg, SS101, and sonicam.

(EDIT: As for the avatar, I've used it elsewhere, but it's there because of the lack of a better avatar.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 04:42:23 pm by Greham Adelphis »
Sonic 3D Blast Champion (So many times I can't count.)

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2006, 07:42:32 pm »
2nd: Route 280 2 (SA2B) – Freestyle – 0”00 – That is not a typo! Exactly zero time for this! Manipulating save files to the max. Or perhaps not the max, because of…

Can someone please tell me just what this "Freestyle" thing in SA2(B) is?!

Freestyle is for incredibly abusive tricks, much more so than normal tricks.  In this case you should give http://www.soniccenter.org/guides/sonic_adventure_2_b/guide78 a read.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:44:39 pm by SadisticMystic »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2006, 07:44:35 pm »
Update again :o

Im pretty much back to myself again now, Charlie and I spent the whole day together today (technically yesterday) and its really patched thinsg back up between us. Aside from my Competition Topic that Im opening shortly (:o) next thing on my agenda are the bio's, which will all emerge within the next 24 hours or so (The outstanding ones atleast :P)

Cheers guys,

~ARRPEEGEE
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Stardust Speedman

• Jorn del Judici
  • TSC: Siavash Tazari
  • win10 chrome
  • That beautiful Lady in my avatar is my wife! Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2006, 07:34:29 am »
2nd: Route 280 2 (SA2B) – Freestyle – 0”00 – That is not a typo! Exactly zero time for this! Manipulating save files to the max. Or perhaps not the max, because of…

Can someone please tell me just what this "Freestyle" thing in SA2(B) is?!

Freestyle is for incredibly abusive tricks, much more so than normal tricks.  In this case you should give http://www.soniccenter.org/guides/sonic_adventure_2_b/guide78 a read.
Thanks! Interesting thing! However, it's a little unfair for those guys who don't know how to do these tricks, because they will always get a lower rank in the TSC SA2(B) Ranking List than they deserve, because they haven't any records in the freestyle section. For example, I now know how this works for Route 280 mission 2, but what about those other stages in the freestyle section? I would never know until I would also read guids for them. In fact, this freestyle thing is just for a very small group of the SA2(B) player folk.
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2006, 07:39:48 am »
That's why freestyle counts for zero points.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Stardust Speedman

• Jorn del Judici
  • TSC: Siavash Tazari
  • win10 chrome
  • That beautiful Lady in my avatar is my wife! Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2006, 09:01:39 am »
Oh! Didn't pay attention to that! Sorry! Long monologue for nothing! :p
How are the points calculated anyway?
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2006, 09:31:26 am »
Obligatory FAQ reference!

How does the ranking system work?
Players are ranked in each game by points. Points are calculated by adding up your rank in each division in a game and then subtracting the number of divisions. This means that first place is worth 0 points, second place is 1, and so on. If you had all the site records for a game, your point total would be 0.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2006, 06:35:50 pm »
:/

Im sorry guys, but Im not gonna be writing these for atleast a day

To cut a long story short, Charlie and I were both assaulted walking to her house and were still both a little shaken up, although I have a few more injuries than she does <_<

Anyway, sorry if Im really taking the piss with these bio's, but I need a little time to cool off and stuff.

EDIT: #7 Universal is effy, bio goes here.

#10: sonicam
#9: douglas
#8: SS101
#7: F-Man
#6: ???
#5: ???
#4: ???
#3: ???
#2: ???
#1: ???
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:00:20 pm by mike89 »
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2006, 07:06:15 pm »
TSC’s ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER #6:

Russell “SadisticMystic” Jones:
“The master of the hunt.”

We come, now, to a familiar face on the top ten. SM would’ve been in the top ten at any point in TSC’s history you cared to choose. These days, however, he’s chosen to compete only very selectively, and has developed a reputation as the master glitch finder and hunting master.

Everything before October is already covered in the first top ten, so I’ll start from the end of October. And since SM did nothing notable in October/November, I’ll flash forward to December.

Once the weighting changes came into effect, the state of play on SA2B was changed drastically. SM chose to make this an advantage by taking the “easier” ring records. Turns out not all of them are as easy as they seem… see the Final Chase guide. Anyhow, SM took all the ring records available to DC players (since some levels have more rings on GC) and was the first player to pass a total of 15000 rings.

An assortment of records here and there came from SM in the next couple of months, however in late March, in an attempt to further smash the SA2B total time, he determined the best pieces for all the hunting levels, the optimal way to get them, and – more importantly – he actually did them. As a result, all Knuckles/Rouge mission 1s are now under twenty seconds, where some had been as much as 20 seconds higher before. And with the help of a video by a new user, Blaze, he smashed the Cannon’s Core times into the ground as well.

These efforts were enough to keep SM in the overall top ten, however he didn’t do as much playing as some of the other players on the list, so he’s been relegated a couple of spots. #6 is still good, though… better than all but five of TSC’s members can get to, so congratulations!

TSC Career:

Current Rankings:

Sonic Adventure DX
2765, 50.9%
19th of 81

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
3335, 71.9%
8th of 116

Sonic Advance
1398, 6.2%
36th of 55

Sonic Advance 2
2512, 28.8%
16th of 85

Sonic 1
550, 55%
15th of 96

Sonic 2
985, 47.8%
10th of 87

Sonic 3
902, 50.5%
7th of 74

Sonic and Knuckles
562, 46.5%
5th of 49

Sonic CD
418, 52.3%
6th of 36

Sonic 3D Blast
552, 15.5%
15th of 27

Knuckles Chaotix
167, 52.8%
3rd of 12

Sonic R
485, 2.8%
33rd of 33

Best five records (as adjudged by myself):

I might pick some newer ones this time…

5th: Egg Hornet (SADX) – Tails – 43”81 – Yay for freakish events indeed. Whatever it was, nobody else can do it, so this time stands 17 seconds ahead of the pack.
4th: Final Chase 1 (SA2B) – 510 rings – For sheer perseverance value, and for putting up a guide so nobody else has to suffer the same fate.
3rd: Egg Totem (SAdva2) – Sonic – 5”50 – The second SAdva2 boss to obtain a perfect time, and, if the TAS is any guide, the last. Aero Egg has five players on a perfect time, so this is a far more impressive effort.
2nd: Sky Sanctuary (S&K) – Knuckles – 1:00 – On a level where 1:01 was deemed perfect for a long time, SM played a pseudo-TAS run to determine that this was indeed possible, and then pull it off in real time. Maybe 59 will be possible one day?
1st: Wild Canyon 1 (SA2B) – 1”57 – This time alone makes SM the hunting master. Set back in July ’05, it was the first to demonstrate the 3-2-1 theory of collecting pieces (though actually, 3 and 2 were collected at once), and certainly the first under two seconds. It has, of course, yet to be matched, and unless someone gets the 1-in-8000 3-2-1 setup in one go, it’s not likely to be beaten.

UNIVERSAL TOP 10:

#10: sonicam
#9: Douglas
#8: SS101
#7: F-Man
#6: SadisticMystic
#5: ???

<3 Thorn.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2006, 07:19:18 pm »
Ha, knew I had to be #7. I should have played SA2 a bit more, hmm... Also I can't wait to see my bio. :O

And congrats SM.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2006, 07:23:27 pm »
I wouldn't say there was nothing that happened in October...

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2006, 12:59:20 am »
It has, of course, yet to be matched, and unless someone gets the 1-in-8000 3-2-1 setup in one go, it’s not likely to be beaten.
Not to mention on Dreamcast, IIRC? Since it has the wider uppercut range and all?

Also wow SM dropped. :O
Wasn't he like #4 6 months ago?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2006, 01:15:38 am »
That's what happens when you don't play

I'm concerned for my positioning now, as I wasn't very high to begin with, and I haven't really done jack shit as far as time attacking goes for the last 6 months...so I dunno :/

Offline SuperSonic101

« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2006, 05:07:02 pm »
Congrats to douglas, sonicam, effy, SM, and everyone else

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2006, 10:33:49 pm »
Mad props for everyone here.  I really do enjoy all this stuff, and seeing what grand notes I'm up against...

The Aitamen
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2006, 01:22:53 am »
Okay, since RPG's been an arse and not done any bio writing:

#6 periodic is Shadow Jacky, and he'll get recognition at some point.

For now, #5!

TSC’s GREATEST PLAYER #5 (PERIODIC):

Mike “gamersince93” ______:
“Because there has to be a twist?”

(I really wanted to use that for SBW, but he didn’t do enough to get on the list. Oh well.)

gamersince93 (henceforth referred to as GS93 per his own request) is another of our “new brigade” players, having joined up only recently on November 18th of last year. In his time at TSC, he’s picked up 23 of TSC’s 26 listed games, and in most games he’s made an immediate impact. In fact, he has records in no less than 16 games!

GS93’s major focus in his time at TSC has been the long-neglected Knuckles Chaotix charts. It may be fair to say they haven’t been played much in the past, but he still has almost every single record, and a total point score of 6. Now that’s incredible domination, especially in the days of ring and score weightings where a player must excel in three areas to become totally dominant.

GS93 has also excelled in many other games, holding an orange or better overall rank in ten separate games, and having only been here five months that is an incredible effort on his part. He’s also put up plenty of videos for Sonic 3 and Knuckles Chaotix, so there’s no denying his legitimacy. His efforts gave him a top five position for the last six months, though as you’ll see he was up against some serious competition. Congratulations!

TSC Career:

Current Rankings:

Sonic Riders
202, 74.3%
3rd of 21

Shadow the Hedgehog
1722, 45.7%
13th of 41

Sonic Heroes
3354, 69.1%
8th of 110

Sonic Adventure DX
2160, 61.6%
11th of 81

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
4379, 63.1%
10th of 116

Sonic Rush
960, 58.5%
6th of 45

Sonic Advance
901, 41.6%
10th of 55

Sonic Advance 2
2402, 33%
15th of 86

Sonic Advance 3
217, 66%
7th of 44

Sonic 1
755, 38.5%
20th of 96

Sonic 2
962, 48.9%
9th of 87

Sonic 3
914, 50.1%
8th of 75

Sonic and Knuckles
615, 41.4%
6th of 49

Sonic CD
273, 68.8%
4th of 36

Sonic 3D Blast
352, 46.1%
8th of 27

Knuckles Chaotix
6, 98.3%
1st of 12

Sonic 1 GG
173, 52.2%
6th of 36

Sonic 2 GG
184, 39.1%
6th of 20

Sonic Triple Trouble
228, 38.4%
6th of 15

Sonic Jam
10, 82.5%
2nd of 8

Sonic R
174, 65.1%
6th of 33

Sonic Drift
173, 43.6%
7th of 19

Sonic Drift 2
63, 74.2%
3rd of 12

Best five records (as adjudged by myself):

5th: Isolated Island 1 (KC) – 33”99 – This level has no obstacles by way of enemies or anything like that. None whatsoever. And yet he still beats everyone by eight seconds.
4th: Night Carnival 2 (Rush) – 1’58”52 – The only time under two minutes here, and a record by seven seconds. Good enough for this.
3rd: Launch Base 2 (S3) – Knuckles – 2:23 – At the time this was set, I held the record with a seemingly comfortable 2:39. All the tricks I could find on the level still only brought me to within six seconds. An incredible time indeed.
2nd: Sky Base 2 (S1GG) – 0:11 – This beats Sprint for crying out loud. 'Nuff said.
1st: Introduction (KC) – 1’35”58 – Beats everyone by 25 seconds, and in fact was comparable to the TAS time (before the author discovered wall zipping). One of the more outstanding times on the site.

PERIODIC TOP 10:

#10: Rolken
#9: Psyknux
#8: sonicam
#7: PsyBorg
#6: Shadow Jacky
#5: gamersince93

Mad props if you can guess the top four in order.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Aere Alouette

• Float like a skylark sting like a storm
  • TSC: Greham Adelphis
  • winvista chrome
  • 250 Games and counting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2006, 02:12:50 am »
4. Greham Adelphis (Just a guess...albeit a very massive one. I don't expect to get any of the others right anyway, so I might as well bomb myself out of the guessing list.)
3. F-Man
2. Douglas
1. Eredani (Not a doubt in my mind at all.)
Sonic 3D Blast Champion (So many times I can't count.)

Offline F-Man

« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2006, 03:45:39 am »
I might very well be forgetting some other people but oh well...

4: eredani
3: douglas
2: yoshifan
1: F-Man (yes? :D No? D:)

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2006, 05:15:43 am »
I'd say Crowbar, but the fact he's only competing in Rush will likely hurt him.  Also a shame SBW isn't on the list; top drawer player (especially IP2) and definitely my pick to be high up next time.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2006, 06:04:15 am »
Man there's no way I could be any higher than 5. Unless the fact that I fairly well dominated a largely uncontested (probably long-lasting too) championship in just a couple of weeks would make up for my only competing in one game.

GJ GS93. :O

I still have no fucking idea what you're doing on NC2. :/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 06:13:40 am by Crowbar »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2006, 10:57:45 am »
#5!  Schweet!  (goes to update bio)  And finally, I've got a shorter name to be known by.  But I knew I should've entered in Chaos and Battle... and finding a Pocket Adventure ROM isn't hard.   I'm pretty surprised more people haven't DLed a Chaotix ROM, too.

Quote from: Crowbar
I still have no fucking idea what you're doing on NC2. :/
I think I'll keep it a secret for just a little longer; I'll spill the beans eventually.  Although if you keep trying, I'm sure you'll figure it out.  Then SkyLights will notice and go find out how to do it, and then I'll give up and play something else.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2006, 11:00:58 am »
Well I did find two things Blaze can do, actually, one of which is easy and the other of which is based on a random enemy placement.

I just hate the level too much to want to try putting them into practice. XD It's so goddamn long and frustrating.

And it's not like either of these helps with Sonic. >:[

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2006, 11:02:42 am »
Random enemy placement?  You're thinking too hard, it's much easier than that.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2006, 11:37:55 am »
We might not be thinking of the same thing, mind. What I'm thinking of is skipping the slow moving lights lift near the end (immediately after the second rolling ball) by doing an Axel Tornado up from the spring and hitting an enemy to give you the last bit of height needed to get onto the upper level (since the Axel Tornado alone doesn't give you quite enough height). Is that what you're thinking of? I can't think of any other way to skip that since as far as I know jumping off the slope itself is all blocked off (as all these long steep slopes are).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 11:41:50 am by Crowbar »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2006, 04:06:21 pm »
^I've tried that millions of times, it's too random.  My methods can be performed over and over again.  Instead of trying better techniques, why not look for a faster route?  If I gave another hint, I'd practically be telling you what to do.

Getting back to what mike89 calls my "best" record, I made a vid of Introduction just for kicks.  The picture quality is, well... there's none.  Apparently the size limit has been reinstated on video submissions.  I crammed this sucker down from 8MB to 2MB, so in the video you can see where I'm going, but the scenery is a blur.
EDIT 2:  Ugh... it didn't survive submissions.  Maybe tomorrow I'll send the 8MB version to Rolken's e-mail.  No time right now, though.

EDIT: Speaking of top players, what's with the blanks in the Prominent Members section?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 05:13:18 pm by gamersince93 »

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Psyknux
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
    • The Faec >:O!!!
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2006, 05:36:58 pm »
^^^ They're there so that those of us who want to can hack into the database and put ourselves in. :P Seriously, though, I think there's gonna be an addition to that list soon.

I might very well be forgetting some other people but oh well...

4: eredani
3: douglas
2: yoshifan
1: F-Man (yes? :D No? D:)

I honestly don't think you rank that high, F-Man. :(

My guess will be...

4: yoshifan
3: F-Man
2: douglas
1: eredani
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.
Also v2.0 of my TSC calculator is available to use. You should totally use it.
I update these every Monday around 2:30pm GMT.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2006, 07:49:05 pm »
fyi, I think you skipped over Shadow Jacky as one of the periodic top 10 players.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2006, 07:59:29 pm »
fyi, I think you skipped over Shadow Jacky as one of the periodic top 10 players.
...He was #6 you dum.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2006, 09:42:48 pm »
Where's my bio!?!?!! D:

Also, GS93, I've downloaded the KC ROM but I really hate the game play, the partner system is worse than Heroes IMO (yea, I know it was before Heroes... :/). I just found it ccmpletely frustrating to find the right character combinations and to make moves with the Ring bind thingy. Very annoying. :(
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Print

Hits: 336 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.32 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.