As has become tradition at this point, first the Honorable Mentions:GOGGLES (S1)
- They do nothing. Needless to say, that's better than a few of the items out there.EGGMAN (S2/S3/S&K)
- Not so much on the S3/S&K side of things (though even there it has at least one accessibility purpose, for Knuckles in Lava Reef 2), but in S2 (where it's a 2P-only item) it's better than Goggles were in S1 since at least you get the item box point and a chance to inflate your Total Ring stat.FLAME SHIELD (S3/S&K/S3D)
- Useful for picking fights with Alondite, or whomever the punching bag of the month may be.SHRINK (KC)
- Frustrating yakuzas the world over since at least August 2008, and probably even earlier.
And the dishonorable mentions:BLANK ITEM BOX (S1/S3/S&K/SA2(B))
- what a waste of space and materialLEAD SHOE (S3)
- There are detrimental items that have their esoteric good points, and then there's the Lead Shoe. Simply terrible.WETFLAME (S1WTFLAME)
- You just lost The Game.RANDOM RING (SA(DX)/SA2B/SH/a bunch of Advance and Rush games and maybe more I overlooked)
- Really. No item box has ever garnered more hate from TSC over the years.
And finally, our feature presentation.TOP TEN ITEM BOXES #1: S (SCD/S3/S&K)
What could be a better insignia of TSC than speed? Overall superiority. Enough said.
See you back here in 173 days when two more contestants will try their hand at Building a Crappy List! How much more room can there be to do worse?