don't click here

Sonic Advance 3... wow.

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Advance 3... wow.  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Rolken

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« on: February 18, 2004, 02:40:50 am »
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1529011,00.asp

Some notable highlights - you pick both a main character and a side (uncontrollable) character who affects the moves you can use (think Tails flying with Sonic). This also makes possible a co-op mode for multiplayer in which you explore different parts of the level. Another new feature: the "Zone Map" works sorta like in Mario World, except it's actually a Sonic stage, where you look for stage entrances. Sounds cool to me!

The first two zones are apparently named "Route 99" and "Sunset Hill"; there also seem to be a cityscape (maybe Route 99 again), a fantasy type zone and a techno zone.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 02:44:24 am by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 09:09:14 am »
I assumed the third advance game would be very bad. The second was okay, though not that good. But this game....Masterpiece. It's got gba game of the year written all over it. However, it looks like u have to collect some star thing kind of like a star rod from mario. And I bet that shadow will be an unlockable character if you beat the game, or beat a certain level. But if shadow dies in heroes and can't  be in this game, don't tell me, I haven't played the game. Oh, big and amy might be characters to. Not that I particularly like either of them.

I HOPE YOU DO

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 03:55:41 pm »
Wow. That looks amazing.
I am the Omega. The ultimate warrior, powerful, fast, determined, resourceful, intelligent, cunning, ambitious, and also very modest.

Sonic Heroes, 111/120 emblems, last story complete, 76 A ranks.

Sonic quote: "You`re adventuring days are coming to an end!" Shadow the Hedgehog.

Offline F-Man

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 11:55:17 pm »
What looks the best about it is the box art IMO. =P

Offline Cybrax

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 06:42:42 pm »

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 09:50:41 pm »
So how will you split this up into sections for competition

Because unlike sonic heroes, you can form your own team?
Will you just have every possible combination, or are there more players then just sonic tails and knuckles availible to make a team out of?

What I am basically asking is this

Level1
sonic knuckles
sonic tails
knuckles tails

Or are there more players availible. thus making organizing this game a challenge!

Level1
sonic knuckles
sonic tails
sonic amy
amy knuckles
amy tails
knuckles tails

or maybe even more!

Just wondering

Offline SadisticMystic

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 09:53:24 pm »
Using Chaotix as the precedent, it seems likely that if there are too many characters, it'll just be one unified ranking for each stage.

Offline Rolken

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 09:58:51 am »
Or we could just do it like the other Advance games and leave your supporting character up to your judgment. At any rate, I'm sure it'll have a Time Attack mode that we can copy; they probably won't make you time attack each level twenty times.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 09:59:28 am by Rolken »

Offline SadisticMystic

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2004, 04:41:57 am »
How about this:  Effective immediately, the string "relational database" is now banned from this forum.

Offline CosmicFalcon

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 08:04:41 am »
Could you have subdivisions of divisions? So you'd have a Sonic division, then a Tails, Knuckles, Cream and Amy division... but that still gives 20 for each stage...
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Rolken

Sonic Advance 3... wow.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 11:06:13 am »
Could you have subdivisions of divisions? So you'd have a Sonic division, then a Tails, Knuckles, Cream and Amy division... but that still gives 20 for each stage...
Yeah, we could, but that'd be an awful lot of (sub)divisions to compete in.

Print

Hits: 730 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.07 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.