don't click here

What was the first sonic game you owned?

Poll

1) Sonic the hedgehog
27 (43.5%)
2) Sonic the hedgehog 2
14 (22.6%)
3) Sonic the hedgehog 3
4 (6.5%)
4) Sonic 3d blast
1 (1.6%)
5) Sonic spinball
1 (1.6%)
6)Sonic and knuckles
2 (3.2%)
7) Sonic mega collection
2 (3.2%)
8) Sonic adventure Dx (or original)
2 (3.2%)
9) Sonic adventure 2 battle (or original)
9 (14.5%)
10) I got several sonic games at once
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Print

Author Topic: What was the first sonic game you owned?  (Read 29794 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« on: February 16, 2004, 09:57:53 am »
Which sonic game did you first own? I didn't include the game gear games because there wasn't enough room. The first game I owned was sonic the hedgehog 2, though I thought I was buying spinball  :) The cover said sonic spinball, but I got the sonic 2 cartridge instead. I'm glad I wound up with sonic 2, it's way better than sonic spinball. In case your wondering, I played the game, returned it to the store, and got the correct cover for my archives.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 10:47:32 am »
Sonic 1. My sister got it an a Mega Drive for her 11th Birthday, when I was 4. Then, next year for my birthday I got Sonic 2, so I guess you could say that was my first one. If you wanted to be pedantic.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 11:16:56 am »
Now, I'm going to sound stupid, but... what's a mega drive?

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Rolken

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 11:38:45 am »
MegaDrive is what Genesis was called everywhere but the states.

Sonic 1 was actually the last 16-bit game I got; it apparently was no longer being made so I had to convince my parents to get it used, being too young to buy it myself.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 11:49:54 am »
The last sonic game I got was sonic and knuckles. It was worth the wait though,it was my second favorite sonic classic (the first being hedgehog 3, the save feature saved a lot of work of collecting everything when u turned the game off.)

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline SuperSonic101

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 01:01:07 pm »
Oddly enough, it was SA2B. I got it when my friend pointed out to me that it was such a great game. I've been hooked ever since.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 12:06:53 pm »
I first Sonic game was Sonic 2 on Game Gear, but I only had the game pack so it doesn't count :P (I are a collector). My first Sonic game would be Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 01:19:52 pm »
I got Sonic 3 in March 1994, then promptly picked up 1 and 2 within a couple months and got S&K as a birthday present, shortly after that game's launch.

Anyone who can recall what I was thinking as I was playing in 1994 wins a prize.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 10:27:28 pm by SadisticMystic »

Offline Rolken

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 01:48:08 pm »
"wtf how do you get past that drum in Carnival Night"
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 02:34:21 pm »
Actually, that only took about 2 days to get through, because of the approach we were using as my brother was controlling player 2.

The breakthrough was something like "I'll move the platform to match your jumping pattern, and sooner or later it'll reach the bottom!"  So it did.

Strangely, it took another month to figure out how to isolate the correct part of that strategy for use with a single character.  Then some 4 years later, I got 4:34.

Close, but incomplete.

Offline GravyTrain33

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 08:34:39 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog, been playing Sonic games ever since I was 3
Sonic Adventure DX - 160/160, 60/60
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - 175/180
Sonic Heroes - 141/141

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 06:48:26 am »
"wtf how do you get past that drum in Carnival Night"
That deserves "The ROFFLES of the Month Award".

Priceless/10

Offline FVH3

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 01:56:49 pm »
Sonic 1, on an arcade machine (I think it was the Mega Drive version)

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 08:32:55 pm »
That is exactly what happened to me in sonic 3 SM

I was six at the time though.

Offline Lec

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 08:58:34 pm »
Hey, I'm new around here, I just found out about this place today. I really love all Sonic titles I've played, and I'd be interested in some competition for the Sonic Adventures on the Dreamcast. My Genesis is lost somewhere, can't find it.

The first game I owned was Sonic Adventure 2, that game came with the Genesis system when I bought it. I played countless hours this games, before buying some other Sonic titles. Sega producers own  :)

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2004, 10:32:22 pm »

The first game I owned was Sonic Adventure 2, that game came with the Genesis system when I bought it.
O_O

Wow! I'll never say the graphics in SA2 were bad again if it was originally for Genesis!

Offline Lec

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 05:43:55 pm »
Yea I meant Sonic 2...  :unsure:

Offline The Great Lord Mick

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2004, 02:04:41 pm »
The first one I actually owned was SA2B, but I played many sonic games before that.
<font color=000000><span class='edit'>This post has been edited by The Great Lord Mick Today at 03:33 AM</span></font>

Offline wiglaf

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2004, 08:28:12 pm »
Sonic 1 and 2 came with my genesis when I bought it in I think '92.  I remember the commercial they had telling you all the things you could do with 2 sonic cartridges.  Kinda funny.

Actually now that I think about it you had to mail in for sonic 2 and the genesis only came with sonic 1.  Or was it the other way around?  Anyone remember?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 08:29:19 pm by wiglaf »

Offline DarkSoldier

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 03:05:16 am »
sonic 3d balst for saturn i loved that game

Offline Sonux

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 06:29:48 pm »
First Sonic game I got/played was Sonic the Hedgehog (No, NOT one, because if it were called Sonic the Hedgehog 1, the "surprise" of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 would have been ruined). I acually got six-pack, but same thing.

Offline DJ Koopa

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 06:52:29 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog in 1991. I was 5... I think

it took me 4 years to figure out how to move that barrel thing in Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
You're supposed to push up and down to make in swing up and down. when you go up, push up to go even farther and the same with down and you'll eventually go down there.
[img width= height=]http://www.cutandpastescripts.com/cgi-bin/randomimages/randomimages.pl?username=Turbos[/img]

Offline Sonux

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 09:01:04 am »
it took me 4 years to figure out how to move that barrel thing in Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
I just gave up on trying to figure it out... Then recently (more than your petty four years) I felt like playing it, and figured it out.

Offline Andromeda

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 01:06:16 am »
Mine was Sonic Advance But i just played the earlier sonic games at my cousins house when i was aboy 5 or so

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2004, 01:38:26 am »
the first game i ever owned was sonic 2 the first game i ever played was sonic 3 but the question was owned right.
omochao the worst thing in the world. hold the a button down to hover use it to fly places:/ in Wepons bed

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 12:35:04 am »
Eh, what about Advance games, I first owned Sonic Advance. I first played Sonic 3, and heard the rumor of Sonic Crackers/Sonic 4, and didn't believe it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 12:38:00 am by formarfan »
"Throw a knife at a monitor to seriously hack it" -Me
"Screens have databases in my world" -Me
"No, it does not mean "*sleeping*" -GerbilSoft
Chatroom Quotes
------------------------------

Rolken: Less caps, more cool
"itt we're cool" topic in Wikkity!

blueblaze: So, for once I agree with formarfan.
"If you can read this" topic in Wikkity!

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 01:32:27 pm »
The first one I played was Sonic 1, on my friend's Mega Drive some time in early 1992. Later I played Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball and the Game Gear version  of Sonic 1. Another friend had Sonic 2 for the Master System, so I got to play that as well.

In December 1993 I got a Master System with Sonic 1 built in, so that was the first I actually owned, and a couple of months later I played Sonic Chaos on another friend's Master System. Christmas 1994 I had MS Sonic 2 and Chaos.

October-ish 1995 I bought that same copy of Sonic 1 that I'd played in 1992 of my friend for £5, ready for me to get my Mega Drive that Christmas (which came with Sonic 2). Some time in 1996 I rented Spinball. Late 1996 I got Sonic 3, early 1997 I got Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3D.

Christmas 1998 I got Sonic R with my Saturn. Mid 1999 I got the PC version of Sonic CD. Christmas 2000 I got my Dreamcast with SA. Exactly 3 years ago today I got Sonic Adventure 2 on launch day.

June 2002 I got my N64 so I had to pack away my Mega Drive (not enough room for more than 3 consoles plugged in at once), so I later got Sonic Jam off eBay so I wouldn't have to keep plugging my Mega Drive back in.

So that's my Sonic-game-playing history up to this point!  :P
"When I move my mouse pointer over you it says 'Wizards'."

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2004, 02:18:55 am »
June 2002 I got my N64 so I had to pack away my Mega Drive (not enough room for more than 3 consoles plugged in at once), so I later got Sonic Jam off eBay so I wouldn't have to keep plugging my Mega Drive back in.

That is exactly what happened to me, just about 4 years earlier. The N64 ruined my life... =P 4 years of no Sonic does that to you...

<3 Thorn.

Offline Zealous

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 03:54:41 pm »
Dude... You forgot Sonic CD.

That was my first: Sonic CD for the PC. I used to watch the introduction several times in a row, 'cuz it was so kewl... But since I got XP, I had to download the rom to play it again... Yup...

Offline Chaos Angel 73

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 10:35:25 pm »
Sonic 1 was my first. I was, what, 4 then? Now I'm hooked...
"If you don't like the world, change yourself first. If you don't like that idea, then close your eyes and ears and live in solitude.
And if you don't like that idea..."
                                          --Motoko Kusanagi

Print

Hits: 114 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.36 MB | Time: 1.24s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.