don't click here

Why Canada rox

Print

Author Topic: Why Canada rox  (Read 8624 times)

Offline qubit

Why Canada rox
« on: November 08, 2004, 12:28:55 pm »
Sorry, SM, but this has to be done.

The following are the reasons why Canada is better than the Stars and Stripes:

1. We gained our independence in 1867 without a single skirmish!
2. We can actually read maps outside of US boundaries!
3. We were smuggling slaves into Canada before you guys even STOPPED to think that slavery was bad!
4. We think of war as something to never be forgotten, but still taboo, and WE NEVER JUSTIFY WAR!
5. We had booze during the Prohibition!  We found the logic in the human brain of take-from-monkey-then-monkey-wants-more!
6. We have gay marriage, free weed, and more donut shops per capita than any other country in the world!
7. We're home to the greatest peacekeeper in the world, Lester B. Pearson!
8. We invented basketball!
9. We invented the zipper!
10. We invented hockey! (okay that was a bit obvious)

Lots more to come! (btw, despite what you may think, universal healthcare is not our idea.  Britain and Germany had it some 60 odd years before we did).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 04:49:26 pm by theenglishman »
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline Shadow Wedge

• Unofficial never-be-first for SAdv
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • http://IT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
Why Canada rox
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 03:57:42 pm »
We, um, had some prohibition ourselves, y'know.
<3 Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals. Rolko-style encoding: StH JJ1 Tal+++! $++++ GM
Yes it's correct, that ! is there.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Why Canada rox
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 08:32:39 pm »
If you want to mention positive things about Canada, you have good health care. However, Canada is virtually defenseless, as their millitary is very weak. Canada  uses very little (if any, not sure if they do) capital punishment. You need to kill some criminals, because they'll just wind up killing again, even in prison. Oh, and just to tell you, the stereotype of the American is only partially accurate. Sure, some Americans are stupid, but you get that everywhere. And the stupid people tend to drown out the people with intelligence. Also, where the hell did you get the idea to start randomly saying how much the US is worse than Canada? Bush does not represent the majority of America if you didn't allready realise that. Sorry to anybody Canadian I offended, but frankly this is just a moronic attempt to start a flame war over politics.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline SadisticMystic

Why Canada rox
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 08:36:54 pm »
If you want to mention positive things about Canada, you have good health care.
read: "HillaryCare"

and it isn't a "good" thing

However, Canada is virtually defenseless, as their millitary is very weak.
Now there's an idea.  Invade the fools!  What'll they possibly do?

Sure, some Americans are stupid, but you get that everywhere. And the stupid people tend to drown out the people with intelligence.
reason: there are 284 million Americans, and only 32 million Canadians, meaning any stereotypes are nine times more prevalent here

Bush does not represent the majority of America if you didn't allready realise that.
He got 52% of the vote, didn't he?  That's a majority.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 08:37:31 pm by SadisticMystic »

Offline qubit

Why Canada rox
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 08:50:05 pm »
SM:

To elaborate on your comments:

1. Now there's an idea.  Invade the fools!  What'll they possibly do?
That's precisely why you shouldn't (if you're trying to crush the American stereotype of gun-toting stupidheads, you're doing a bad job)!  We didn't harm you at all.  Don't invade us!  Well, then again, you did invade Iraq...

2. There are 284 million Americans, and only 32 million Canadians, meaning any stereotypes are nine times more prevalent here.
We have several different stereotypes for the Yanks:
a) A country-family Republican nut
b) A gun-toting jerk who pays for his healthcare
Must I list any more?

3. And [free health-care] isn't a "good" thing.
WHAT???  How dare you say such a thing!

PS - Have you heard of Tim Horton's?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 08:50:35 pm by theenglishman »
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Why Canada rox
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 08:03:48 pm »
We have gay marriage
And just exactly how is that so great it makes you want to brag about it?

Offline SuperSonic101

Why Canada rox
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 10:36:57 am »
The comment about our health care being good is false. Our health care sucks. And what's so good about "6. We have gay marriage, free weed, and more donut shops per capita than any other country in the world!"? The only reason why Canada is better is because we don't have George Bush.

Offline qubit

Why Canada rox
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 04:51:21 pm »
blueblaze: If you want to mention positive things about Canada, you have good health care. However, Canada is virtually defenseless, as their millitary is very weak. Canada uses very little (if any, not sure if they do) capital punishment.

Our last execution was of Louis Riel, a Metis rebel who nearly divided Canada in the late 19th-early 20th century.  And who harbored him a few years before his execution to keep him away from Canada?  THE US!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 04:55:28 pm by theenglishman »

Offline qubit

Why Canada rox
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 04:54:25 pm »
SS101: The only reason why Canada is better is because we don't have George Bush.

Hmm...Mike, I was talking about Canada in general, not just now.  You think OUR healthcare is bad?  How would you like it if you had to pay money because you broke our arm?

My message to America...GET A FUCKING INSURANCE PLAN!

Print

Hits: 88 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.30s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.