don't click here

Got 0:53 with Knux in Death Egg Zone (Son2)

Print

Author Topic: Got 0:53 with Knux in Death Egg Zone (Son2)  (Read 6372 times)

« on: February 14, 2004, 08:34:23 pm »
Sorry about the poor grammar in the title, I tried to fit in as much info as possible there.

Anyway, to get to the point, I recorded onto a typical VHS tape a 53 second time with Knuckles in Death Egg Zone, but apparently, both Brian and Jolt135 seem to believe it's impossible to get any less than 1:12. I'd be extremely happy if I could somehow show you, but how can I transfer a recording from a videotape onto my computer, and then to you guys?

Thanks in advance,

Popo Nana

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 09:52:55 pm »
Thank you! I really appreciate this. I still have to find a way to send in the tape, but I will do it soon.

Brian: While the images may be...odd...1:03 is definitely not the best it gets.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 11:33:38 am »
Thank you! I really appreciate this. I still have to find a way to send in the tape, but I will do it soon.
I have a suggestion: Put the tape into a vcr, tape the tape with your web cam, then send in aim chat with rolkien. If u don't have a web cam, just fastforward to the part where it shows your time, pause, then take a picture of your time, then upload on your computer, then send via e-mail or aim to rolkien.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 11:34:35 am by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 12:47:39 am »
Thanks very much, both for your support, xebra, and your idea, blueblaze. I contacted a friend who has a webcam, and he'll give it to me at school tomorrow. So, assuming I can set it up quickly, hopefully I can upload it here soon.

Brian, I'd be interested to see how you do it. Do you allow Robotnik to fly up a second time? If so, that's why your time is >54 secs. Otherwise, I'm not sure. It took me well over 60 tries to get done the first time with my strategy, and perhaps anoter 30 until it was perfect, so don't expect it to come easily!

Edit: Can I also attach it onto here? It does say:

You may attach a file to this message.
Maximum file size: 16mb

...although I figure that's more for pictures and whatnot.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 12:48:39 am by Popo Nana »

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 01:55:19 am »
"Try and get video of it, I'm sure the webcam software lets you make video. "

I got the webcam, and I'm sure I can use ArcSoft Showbiz, I have to confess to something: I'm on dial-up. I'm sorry. This really isn't working out. At least I've got the actual time saved - now I just have to get this ****ing video up.

EDIT: Typo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 02:10:14 am by Popo Nana »

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 04:49:20 am »
Haha! Well, good luck! Believe me, though, trying to break 54 is tough enough as is. I'll keep working on it too. As I said, though, it took near 100 tries (if not more) to get it right, so don't expect it to come easily.

I'm just glad that I'm finally believed! Being shunned kinda sucked.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 04:28:08 am »
I always figured if you could get 9 in before he lifts, you could do better, if indeed it's possible. You apparently found a way - good job! Will be trying for that next weekend.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 05:54:30 am »
Still trying to get the 9-3 working. Ugh..

Print

Hits: 152 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1006.41 KB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.