don't click here

Reign of Satire

Print

Author Topic: Reign of Satire  (Read 4570 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Reign of Satire
« on: October 01, 2004, 12:35:27 pm »
I'd like to announce that a beta version of a project I've been working on (as a concept designer, idea maker, and when needed suggesting methods of executing planned ideas via triggers and use of the game's spells) with about 10-15 people for about a year will be released within 48 hours. During the process, I came up with the name by which the team calls themselves which is Satire Team. Note: Once the beta testing is finished (which should take a month), the full version will be released to the public. The project in question is a Warcraft III map called Reign of Satire. RoS is a capture the flag style game that is a parody of Warcraft and its online community (although some of the themes in the map can be extended to other online places as well). The finished version will feature over 20 heroes such as:
1. Troll Lord, an evil user that enters forums and spreads chaos. Can use spells such as Uber Flame, Spam Topic, Mass Frosties=Instant Win, and other spells.
2. Star Craft Fanboy, a utter devotie to Starcraft who goes around claiming that Wc3 is the suxxor. Can use spells such as Cloak, Feed Back, Broodling, Stim Pack, and Nuclear Launch.
3. Cheese Master, a parody of the Beast Master abuse that infested pre 1.13 WC3 days. (Don't have any spell info since this hero is being reworked thus not availible in the beta)
4. Hack Master. A pathetic player that wins his games by cheating. Can use spells such as Map Hack, Lag Hack, Disconnect Hack, CD Key Generator, and Name Spoof.
5. Balance Guru (Used to be Patch Master). A Blizzard Employee that's dedicated to his version of balance. Don't get him mad or he might nerf you. Can use spells such as Over Power, Under Power, Update Rain, and Uber Nerf.
6. Newb Warrior. A naive player whos stupidity incites the flames of people arround him. Can use spells such as Incite Flames, Abusive Armor, Rely on Allies, Negative APM, and Strength and Honor.
I'll have more information later if anyone's interested.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Rolken

Reign of Satire
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 01:15:38 pm »
Sounds kinda cool, tho I haven't played WC3 in awhile.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Reign of Satire
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 02:27:28 pm »
A lot has happened with WC3 in the past few months. Theres a new APM system, several new patches that added 3 neutral heroes, and new stuff to the World Editor (I'm working on a project of my own that I'll give more details about when the beta is ready.)
Back to RoS, I've got information about more heroes and some of the game's features.
1. Gruntapult. A parody of a popular early game Orc strat that Night Elf players have a hard time dealing with. It attacks by literately tossing Grunts at its enemies. Casts spells such as Cattle Prod, Shrapenel, Atomic Grunts, and Taurenapult.
2. Arch Editor (A hero that I created). A paranoid and crazy map maker. (Getting reworked since he's become buggy and thus won't appear in the beta). Casts spells such as Bug, Boot, Map Protector, and Rig.
3. Wisp of Doom. A parody of the very confusing wisp nerf that happened in patch 1.13. Casts spells such as Teleport, Confuse, Flamethrower, and Wisp Swarm (can't remember name but acts as Starfall).
4. Griefer. An embodiedment of online gaming evil. Every non cheating or obscene bad thing that people do to each other in online gaming this guy invented it. Casts spells such as Pre-Team and others I can't recall
5. Back Stabber. A hero that likes to betray his own team for the fun of it. Casts spells such as Backstab, Piss-off, Farm Wall, and BS Influence.
-This game has other features such as the ability to go to mercenary camps/shops such as a Troll Infested Forum, Fanboy Forum, Channel of the Dammed, Beta Shop (contains characters based on models of early beta WC3 units or units that got cut such as the Beta Crypt Lord), mascots the team can build to give them bonuses, and secret characters such as the LUEser, Matrix Panda, and Viewtiful Joe (coming in full version).
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Print

Hits: 819 | Hits This Month: 9 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 992.38 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.