Welcome Center > News and Updates

Sonic Forces Competition Now Live

(1/4) > >>

Zurggriff:
Charts for Sonic Forces are now live, so submit your stats before Sonic Forces you.

SonicandInuyasha:
Is the rule still in place where the first week of competition is video free? If so it looks like I only have rings stats for now.

Zurggriff:
It looks like the post by Zeupar that drops the video requirement still applies

--- Quote from: Zeupar on August 13, 2017, 01:04:12 pm ---During the first week of competition, players don't need to provide video proof for first places, because that would be really annoying. This is a policy that we will apply for any newly added games from now on. Of course, we still encourage you to share your runs with the world. Sharing is caring!
--- End quote ---

With this in mind I do want to bring up how this played out for the Sonic Mania charts. It is a nice convenience but when the Sonic Mania charts used this rule there were records from the first week of competition that stood for several months and there are still two maxed out ring records, no proof required. This conflicts with the reason video proof for records became a requirement and I do not think relaxing the requirement is a particularly good rule. I could not find a topic in the forums covering the rule (pros, cons, in favor, opposed) so it may be something to consider for future games.

sonicfind:
You've also gotta take in consideration the length in time between the game's release and the adding of leaderboards. In this case, it was WELL over a year, so the odds that there is no video proof for something is drastically lowered.

hfactor66:
Oh yes, it is time to unleash my ring attack archive baby…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version