don't click here

MAKE SONIC GREAT AGAIN! (Official New Sonic Games Thread)

Print

Author Topic: MAKE SONIC GREAT AGAIN! (Official New Sonic Games Thread)  (Read 19808 times)

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

MAKE SONIC GREAT AGAIN! (Official New Sonic Games Thread)
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:19:20 am »
will be your new sonic 3d game

BUT, way more importantly for our veterans, sonic mania!

this is the moment we have all been waiting for! the creators of sonic colors and sonic generations (the only 3d sonic games I personally endorse beside SSR) and sonic mania for the veterans is coming out both in 2017!

lets be honest, the past few years havent been the best years for the TSC community, but I believe with these two games it will reinvigorate the veterans with sonic mania, and inspire the sonic newcomers with generations 2 at the same time. where we can come together and share our best moments of sonic together sparking cross interest between the generations of sonic games.

where our competitive sites ask "do you stand with sonic?" here we say "SONIC STANDS WITH YOU!" and I believe this is the final ho rah from sonic team, if this doesnt work, nothing will.

im hyped, is anyone else hyped? sonic mania will be amazing, any vet can tell that. now its up to sonic generations 2 to get it right, Im higly optimistic for them.

lets make sonic great again!

***also requesting sticky to front page***
enough with the "I am ded homepage feel"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:00:23 pm by Starlight_Glimmer »
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline SB737

Re: MAKE SONIC GREAT AGAIN! (Official New Sonic Games Thread)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 07:14:25 am »
Considering how Generations is my favourite video game of all time, I can't wait for Project Sonic, I'll definitively be playing it a lot.
And I loved the classic Sonic games so much, so to see them finally release a game of that style is awesome. It looks like Sega might actually do something right with Sonic this time :)
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:27:46 am »
For Sonic games, I've learned avoiding hype is the best way to avoid potential disappointment.  After three 3D games being only appealing enough to 100% and another where only a glitch kept me playing after beating it, I'm not expecting much from this one.

That said, I'm not as big a fan of 2D Sonic games as I am of 3D.  I'll likely 100% Sonic Mania and TA a couple levels, but that's it.

The only thing I'm kinda excited for is the level pack for Lego Dimensions.

Offline DGF

• WildCard Speedster
  • TSC: DarkGravityFlames
  • win10 chrome
  • Code S.O.L, Azure Grimrore ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 04:16:34 am »
Generations is by far my favorite game to speedrun and i always have the time to 100% the 2D games, im looking forward to both games next and will wait 'PATIENTLY'
My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9TztQrHz0nwzfSZZFoYOVA
PSN = ChaosKnight_56
Steam: TerumiTrueAzure

Championship(s) Held: Sonic Generations
Current Records: Overdrift Challenge , Terror from the Deep, Death egg robot (Hard), Vector's Mission

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 09:14:29 pm »
so to see them finally release a game of that style is awesome. It looks like Sega might actually do something right with Sonic this time :)

I agree, I believe they got it right this time, in association with christian whitehead, its going to be epic, he hasn't delivered a shitty game/remake to us yet :) .

For Sonic games, I've learned avoiding hype is the best way to avoid potential disappointment.  After three 3D games being only appealing enough to 100% and another where only a glitch kept me playing after beating it, I'm not expecting much from this one.

The game is being made by the creators of sonic colors and sonic generations, both 3d sonic games are as good as 3D sonic can get, I really don't have much worry for generations 2

The only thing I'm kinda excited for is the level pack for Lego Dimensions.

Stupid, this is why we need common sense TSC mod reform.

Generations is by far my favorite game to speedrun and i always have the time to 100% the 2D games, im looking forward to both games next and will wait 'PATIENTLY'

they can't come soon enough... think about it, 2017 is still pretty far away, let alone it could even be HOLIDAY of 2017 >_>
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 10:44:53 pm »
I'm getting a PS4 for both of these new Sonic games. I've been wondering if Boom was going to be the end of Sonic, but these two games have changed my mind. Project Sonic 2017 looks amazing, and honestly wasn't expecting Classic Sonic to make an appearance in the trailer, which makes me curious about how he will play out in the game, story wise and gameplay wise. I've seen a lot of people calling it Generations 2.

Sonic Mania looks awesome too, really is a throwback to the Genesis age of Sonic games. (Capcom should take some notes about how you take a game back to its roots) I'm really excited that Christian Whitehead is working on this game, I played the Sonic 1 & 2 reboots for mobile and they delivered smooth gameplay of my childhood on my little iPod. Now I'll be paying to see Christian Whitehead's work on big-name gaming consoles, boy this is exciting. I still want a Sonic 3 & Knuckles reboot on mobile though, but that can wait.
Rings are my specialty.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 12:15:05 am »
I heard A lot of rumors that they were gona milk sonic boom for 3 series, while they still are making a 3ds game they knew better than to make a 3d sonic boo 2 im very happy with what they done and im convinced they know what they are doing now, despite a sonic adventure 3 announcement.

btw hfactor, when are we going to get back into that altitude limit fight? :)
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 12:22:33 pm »
btw hfactor, when are we going to get back into that altitude limit fight? :)
I actually haven't played Sonic Rush in quite a while, but I will never forget that fucking boss, lol. I still haven't finished RAing SRA either, still got some charts to fill, even though I managed to become RA leader with eight charts blank, lol.

Never in my life did I play one boss so many times, taking it down to a god damn science, figuring out exactly what needs to happen in order to get times with Blaze like you & I did. Eggman did an extra move on me with Sonic when I got my Sonic time. I might have to break out that game and give it another go, been playing a little bit of Sonic Unleashed lately.

I've been trying to beat DsS' Windmill Isle 1 score on the Night stage on CS, and I'm within 10k of it. Once I get Werehog's stats up all the way, Imma attempt a speedrun of the Dark Guardian boss, it looks easy af lol.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:30:32 pm by hfactor66 »
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 06:33:33 pm »
Generations 2 I can take or leave...

But Mania?  Made by Taxman?

About damn time SEGA pulled its head out of its ass and realized that the fans love the game more than they ever could, the soulless bastards.  I get there's politics and lots of issues, but I agree with this being a nice last push.

The Sonic anniversary party was the saddest thing I've ever seen... which mostly reflects the current state.  Let's hope the next one is better (or that they invite actual fans, instead of the meh sort...).

Only way I could be more excited for new sonic is if the S1MM team actually finished their thing (or if someone made a Sonic Adventure with the US Robotnik and world instead of the Japanese one).
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Token

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 04:22:25 am »
Mania looks like a good game so, I ended up pre-ordering the non-game collector's edition. I'm also pretty hype for Project Sonic. Hopefully it's releases simultaneously on PC with consoles for 60fps goodness.

Offline SB737

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 08:05:17 am »
Here's more gameplay on Sonic Mania, shows gameplay as Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic and Tails together, which plays like Sonic 3 would. Also shows a new zone called Mirage Saloon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al0GFfRfq9w&feature=youtu.be
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Print

Hits: 357 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.