don't click here

SCDS Extra: Pausing at the end of "collect the wisps in order" missions

Print

Author Topic: SCDS Extra: Pausing at the end of "collect the wisps in order" missions  (Read 7239 times)

Offline mathfreak231

In the missions Planet Wisp 3 and Asteroid Coaster 1, Sonic must collect 5 wisps that appear one after another throughout the stage.

After getting the 5th wisp, the timer keeps going after the screen begins to fade to white. However, if the player pauses the frame they collect the 5th wisp, the screen will fade to white but the timer will stop as the game is paused. This saves some .5 of a second. Seeing as the reset glitch, which also involves pausing just as the stage is cleared, is banned in the rules, this should be banned as well.

Offline Vallkyr

Re: SCDS Extra: Pausing at the end of "collect the wisps in order" missions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 02:28:30 pm »
I don't see any reason to ban this. There is a major difference between the reset glitch and just pausing the game on the right frame to save 0.5 seconds

Sonic Generations has a kinda similar situation with Perfect Chaos, where pausing makes the cutscene where Sonic lands back on the ground finish sooner (Excuse me if this is incorrect, I don't run the game, but this is what I've gathered from watching the game a bunch)
Sonic Unleashed has a time freeze glitch in the middle of 1 stage. This is also allowed. However resetting the stage to get a 0 second time is not

A glitch shouldn't be banned just because it involves pausing

Offline mathfreak231

Re: SCDS Extra: Pausing at the end of "collect the wisps in order" missions
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:51:12 am »
Oh, I didn't know there were similar glitches in other games that were allowed. Fair enough.

Print

Hits: 280 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 990.50 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.